Sign in to follow this  
Del

Another Rotary Aquaspeed Lands!

Del

Blue on blue is this year's watch "trend" with many manufacturers pairing blue dialled watches with blue straps so I thought I'd see if I could pick up a bargain budget gen that would immediately bring me into fashion! :D

I stumbled across this Rotary Aquaspeed on the Watch Shop website going for £79.50 (that's 52% off RRP) and took a fancy to it. It is clearly a homage to the ever popular Omega SMP Chrono, which was a good start, but it came with a brown croc pattern leather strap (albeit quite a decent one with curved ends) so that had to go. I ordered a BOB Vertigo Buffalo strap in blue and put that on instead, plus I swapped over the Rotary buckle, and it's a super match to the watch colour and is very comfortable to wear.

The watch itself is around 41mm so is not a big watch, and it's not particularly thick either at around 12mm. It has a Quartz movement with working chronograph and the crown at 10 is actually a screw-in bezel lock! As with all Rotary watches, it's waterproofed for swimming too. The lume is not great though and is almost non-existent with the exception of the hands.

All in all, this is a decent, attractive looking watch at a bargain price, not to mention being a fashion statement! :nana:

13914753623_be4c7e10f9_b.jpgP4173949v2 by Bjorn Dajoak, on Flickr

Pseudonym

That's a beaut. Wear it in good health mate.

nev848

Looks good in my eyes and for under £80 notes a bloody bargain. I had the Rotary Automatic homage to the Hublot Big Bang and after a week it died. Sent it back to Rotary UK and the service was amazing and they replaced the movement and gave me a life time guarantee.

Del

Cheers! :)

Derek Mc

I have the same one but on tan faux crocodile leather. I personally think it a great looking watch and spectacular value. I added a butterfly brushed s/s deployment. It is a good individual watch but also a homage to a certain Seamaster too I feel with the bezel and face design.

I don't know about you Del, but I have found in a year it has been totally a accurate timekeeper.

Higs

Lovely looking watch.

Rotary must get really hacked off with the 'prestige' makers nicking all their best designs.

Del

I don't know about you Del, but I have found in a year it has been totally a accurate timekeeper.

I've only just got this mate but I would expect it to be good. :)

Rotary must get really hacked off with the 'prestige' makers nicking all their best designs.

:lol:

Pharmo

That`s a stunner Del!

Wear it well my friend :)

trailboss99

If it didn't have that silly (to me at any rate) non adjustable 24hr dial I'd have one. Unless you are down Box Quarry or wintering in the Antarctic it doesn't have much purpose. Why can't they use a 12hr stopwatch MVT instead?

Del

That`s a stunner Del!

Wear it well my friend :)

Thanks mate. :)

If it didn't have that silly (to me at any rate) non adjustable 24hr dial I'd have one. Unless you are down Box Quarry or wintering in the Antarctic it doesn't have much purpose. Why can't they use a 12hr stopwatch MVT instead?

No idea mate. I assume cost but, in any case, I seldom use the stopwatch so it's simply another sub-dial to me! :D