Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Just come out of Surgery

onzenuub

Pics or it didn't happen.

dingle
Now we have the "Me Generation" of greed and selfishness.

this so sad but true. How did this happen? I still cannot figure it out.....:)

Member X
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way...:)

abled?...willing?...or forced?

:rofl:

Everone earning pays 10% AIUI so it's a fair system, although high earners will naturally pay more this way and support those less well off.

Although as with all rich people, many apparently earn less than they do thanks to good accountants :P

Brightlight
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way...:P

abled?...willing?...or forced?

:lol:

Everone earning pays 10% AIUI so it's a fair system, although high earners will naturally pay more this way and support those less well off.

Although as with all rich people, many apparently earn less than they do thanks to good accountants :P

Actually not quite correct, you pay 11% and your employer pays 12.8% of your salary as NI contributions. Nor is it really correct that the high earners support the less well off, everyone pays into a fund which pays the bills. I for example have not been in hospital since I was 5 years old for a tonsilectomy. No matter whether I was a high or low earner, whatever I paid supported those who needed it, not the less well off. The same principle operates with any insurance.

JoeyB
Now we have the "Me Generation" of greed and selfishness.

this so sad but true. How did this happen? I still cannot figure it out..... :P

Conservatism. 

Demsey

Glad you are recovering X. For further consideration, next time arrange a nice little hernia procedure. No laying about in hospital, but doctors' orders; no heavy lifting or strenuous exercise for 60 days. If your wife is like mine, you can milk that out to about three months. The site of her pushing the lawn mower after 25 years, as I sit indoors with a tea? Priceless.

What's your out of pocket expenses going to be with NHS?

He means; what's your Inland Revenue bill? We're all trying to look ahead.

Member X
[quote name='dingleberry'

Although as with all rich people, many apparently earn less than they do thanks to good accountants :rofl:

Actually not quite correct, you pay 11% and your employer pays 12.8% of your salary as NI contributions. Nor is it really correct that the high earners support the less well off, everyone pays into a fund which pays the bills. I for example have not been in hospital since I was 5 years old for a tonsilectomy. No matter whether I was a high or low earner, whatever I paid supported those who needed it, not the less well off. The same principle operates with any insurance.

Good point! Had forgotten about that, and the principles about insurance are of course the same, yes :angry:

I bow to yiur greater eloquence.and knowledge! :unworthy: lol

NFleischer

Glad you're feeling better.

We're not sure here in the USA how the new Health Care system will work out.

One thing for sure- the Insurance Companies here have made out like bandits over the past few years.

Soaring rate hikes with ever decreasing benefits for patients and health providers! Meanwhile the net profits are $ billions

skintrade

Best of luck :D nothing wrong with the NHS m8.

onzenuub
Best of luck :D nothing wrong with the NHS m8.

Someone called SKINTRADE in a surgery thread, only @ RWG :rofl:

JoeyB

One thing for sure- the Insurance Companies here have made out like bandits over the past few years.

Soaring rate hikes with ever decreasing benefits for patients and health providers! Meanwhile the net profits are $ billions

Those $ billions are scheduled to be used to reduce the cost of health care for everyone, and then applied to the National Debt. 

onzenuub

Those $ billions are scheduled to be used to reduce the cost of health care for everyone, and then applied to the National Debt. 

All your billions are belong to me.

Silverspeed
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way...:D

In the NL I pay about €2300 (approx. $3k) a year in health insurance premium incl. dental care for the family

which is not bad I'd guess in case of surgery or hospital admittance etc....

downside is I pay 52% income tax on a substantial part of my income...amongst many, many other taxes

One way or the other, left or right, liberal or conservative the government will make you pay

onzenuub
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way...:D

In the NL I pay about €2300 (approx. $3k) a year in health insurance premium incl. dental care for the family

downside is I pay 52% income tax on a substantial part of my income...amongst many, many other taxes

One way or the other, left or right, liberal or conservative the government will make you pay

And why do I have to pay € 3600 a year in health insurance?????????????

Silverspeed
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way...:rofl:

Ehmm... 'cause you're a health risk...??? :D

onzenuub
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way...:rofl:

Nope, dammit those car sales gays.

sconehead

yep, moustaches are known germ collectors...:rofl:

onzenuub

and what about fuckfaces, fuckface?

sconehead

and what about fuckfaces, fuckface?

All your fuckfaces are belong to me...

JoeyB

All your billions are belong to me.

This is the U.S.A. We borrow it.  :D

JoeyB
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way... :rofl:

Gonorrhea?  :D

onzenuub
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way... :popcorn:

Gonorrhea?  :poke:

You know how much one has to pay for that because you have it?

Silverspeed
...those who are able pay for those less fortunate...it's the civillised way... :popcorn:

Gonorrhea?  :popcorn:

Huh...I never had to pay extra for STD's :poke:

JoeyB

Nope. 

onzenuub

Nope. 

You cann't remember you had it