Sign in to follow this  
watchess

Where can i buy cheap omega noob PO

watchess

Who does the best cheapie under 80

SSTEEL

Welcome to RWG :) Few more posts and you will be able to see our M2M deals.

conx

Silix economy range

Derek Mc

Won't get a Noob or BP for under £80 they are more around the £180>280 mark depending,,,you can however get one of the Silix ones easily for that however.

watchess

How are the Sillix watches?

Derek Mc

How are the Sillix watches?

Excellent from what you read but to be honest you are going to get what you pay for like anything in life. many on here are more than happy with the $35 PO pumpkin special! I am tempted myself as a daily beater.

JSJ

Hi and welcome from the UK. Where are you from?

Best pop over to the new member's section and introduce yourself. Have a good read round in the new members' section threads and you'll learn loads. You'll still have more questions as we all do.

This is not really a review so better to post this type of stuff in the General discussion area.

Have fun.

Left Coast Guy

Not to hijack the noob's thread, but has anyone seen one of the new style POs with the metal vs. printed "OMEGA" lettering and the squared bezel ticks vs. the rounded for $200ish?

The only versions I've seen are the $350 models with the swiss movement and display back. Just seems weird that there no in-between model....only super high end or low end.

Here's the correct / $350 version:

14861.jpg

Here's the Cheapie version

14575.jpg

JSJ

Aww, good bit of thread hijacking is always fun.

And I am also amazed that your requested watch is not available with a cheap movement. I'd have thought it would be an easy watch for them to make and they could still charge a premium for it. Maybe we should ask a couple of the TDs.

Left Coast Guy

Aww, good bit of thread hijacking is always fun.

I'm thinking the noob might: A) Value a little bit of side by side comparison of the super rep vs. the cheapie, and B) Potentially find out how to acquire a good mid-level version of the noob PO should some kind member know where we can find one.

I know I can probably ask a TD to source, but I'm unsure of the price point. To me, $220 - $240 sounds about right for an asian close in a noob case.

What I really can't understand is how the 007 versions have the right bezel and right logo and are only $100. I just have zero interest in a bond version.

Great deal from WatchFinder BTW.

o2ra4.jpg

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=74193

Edited by Afdaddy

JSJ

There are cheaper cheapies out there from non-TDs too and they are not bad but there are plenty of things which are much better on the $350 versions, not just the movements.

On the cheapies

Hand set is wrong

Date wheel is wrong colour

Lume is rubbish

Pearl is rubbish

AR is variable from rubbish to non-existent

Bracelet is variable from rubbish to not bad but nowhere near the expensive ones which feel gen-like to me (and I have gen Omegas)

Mostly solid caseback (although I had a Skyfall which had a display caseback IIRC)

I haven't seen the Watchfinder watch so I am not commenting on that specific one. I have seen some cheapies which are really fine as far as they go and for the money, it's just that they are not even half way to the $350 versions.

Frankt8242

There have been so fekkin many variations on this watch over the past 7 years that virtually anything could be viewed as being a UPO....The Sili model is as good as anything elsr you could buy for triple the price...

mostling

Who does the best cheapie under 80

And hello to you too...

umad.gif

Dr. Jimmy

Narikaa sells some for about that price. Good quality for the money.

watchess

is Narikaa better than silix?

JSJ

Depends what you want and expect. Narikaa is in the UK so his UK stock arrives next day in the UK. Plenty of other differences too. I don't think it's correct to say one is 'better' than any other.

stevok2305

Think Reg (Narikaa) is actually on one of his buying trips currently so should have some interesting new stock presently. Mostly his stuff is quartz microsteppers so very reasonably priced. Just seen he will be getting the Omega DSOTM, might have to indulge in that one myself.

elfdutch

Think Reg (Narikaa) is actually on one of his buying trips currently so should have some interesting new stock presently. Mostly his stuff is quartz microsteppers so very reasonably priced. Just seen he will be getting the Omega DSOTM, might have to indulge in that one myself.

Where did you see this?

Left Coast Guy

This is great intel -- his stock moves fast once he gets back from these trips. Smart to loiter around his section until the new stuff pops up.

stevok2305

If you check out his dropbox you'll see April 14 Thai New stock

Dr. Jimmy
is Narikaa better than silix?

My first PO was from Narikaa, great watch for the money.