Sign in to follow this  
sugaray

14060m or dssd

sugaray

Hello guys,

I have been collecting reps for over 5 years now and just stubled along this forum a month or so ago, I have been really impressed with Mary and what she has to offer. I am looking to purchase a rep that is dead close to the original, but i have 6.5 inch wrist. I relly like the Ult. DSSD and the 14060m no date. Mary says the 14060m was made 1:1 with a swiss mov't. I did have my eyes on the Breitling yellow seawolf but I belive that would be to monsterus for my wrist. so I narrowed it down to two, the 14060m and the Ult. DSSD. Could i get some feed back, as well as feed back on the rep 14060m.

Thank you

Eiderdaus

no offense, but with a small wrist a DSSD might look to large since that watch is really huge.

sugaray

That is what slighlty turns me off about it, being over half an inch think. But I have heard mixed reviews about people with small wrist and this watch. I like that the bracelet can be shortened much more then the submariner could be.

Ska

I have 6.5in wrists too and my DSSD looks absolutely fine! So does my Omega Planet Ocean.

If you like the watch, get it and don't let anything hold you back.

Wearing watches is all about your attitude, if you have the right persona to carry it off, it'll look like it was made for you regardless of size.

ImWatchingYOU

I just came from the store where I tried a GEN DSSD, my wrist is also not so large, and I'm quite a skinny guy, therefore the DSSD looked really large on my wrist. The DSSD is also really thick, so didn't look so good.

Pob

My wrist is very small as well and when i tried the big watch for the first time i did't like it at all! But now i were only big ones 45-47mm. It only takes little time to get use to it and i don't think small wrist needs to were small watches ;)

sugaray

Im not too worried about the 44mm, its the thinkness that concerns me.

KBH

I thought the DSSD, besides being rather ugly, is very uncomfortable to wear because it's too top heavy. The regular Sea Dweller is both better looking and wears more comfortable.

Just My Humble Opinion!

greg_r

Lots of guys with 6.5" wrists cope just fine with the DSSD, but it's very much down to personal taste - I love mine, but I have a large-ish wrist. If you think that's too big, how about one of the new ceramic subs or GMTIIc? Still plenty of wrist presence, but less bulk.

Welcome to RWG ;)

sugaray

The new ceramic subs really don't grab me beacuse of their flaws(some have PCL and they do not have he glid lock clasp the the origial is supposed to have). and I already have a GMT IIC.

Ska

The ceramic subs do have the glidelock clasp and you can either just ask your dealer for the brushed bracelet or do it yourself with a scotchbrite.

greg_r

Yup - as skathe says, from a decent dealer the glidelock is no problem with the ceramic sub...

sugaray

I have been doing some more picture surfing and have decided on the Ult. DSSD.

Thank you for all your input!