Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

FedEx "In transit: Package available for clearance"

Ice_Man

Well I believe my gen Prometheus Manta Ray that I bough from a seller in Hong Kong is stuck in customs in Tennessee (funny how that works). Doing some research I know Kcore also had the same problem when his Steinhart got stuck in customs in Tenn. However, he received an actual call from fedex about his watch, I have not. Would it hurt to give a call up to fedex to see why my watch is being held in customs for so long? The only reason I'm a little upset is because I paid for express international shipping so I feel like my money is being wasted in the delay, and also I'm somewhat annoyed since the watch is a gen and there should be no reason for the hold up. What should I do? BTW I'm not going to call up there annoyed and being demanding; I just am curious to see whats the hold up.

Kcore

Sorry to hear this, but I'm sure all will be OK. Fuckin' Customs can be lazy.

A call to FedExp to inquire can't hurt.

Good luck. Let us know what happens and post pics when it arrives

Ice_Man

Sorry to hear this, but I'm sure all will be OK. Fuckin' Customs can be lazy.

A call to FedExp to inquire can't hurt.

Good luck. Let us know what happens and post pics when it arrives

Thanks mate, I was hoping you would see this. At first it had my eta for delivery around 10:30am for today but now it just lists the eta as "n/a". The only thing that had me worried is while its a gen, it is only coming with the case but not he paperwork.

fatarms

Calling them may prompt them to look into it further in which case they may assess you with a Value Added Tax type thing. Basically, they'd add sales tax to the price of the watch. My wife bought a Breitling for me on our Honeymoon at a duty free place, then when it arrived in the states, FedEx tried to add the tax on it. I had to call the vendor to have them clear it up with FedEx, actually, I think they ended up paying the tax for me. Just be patient and hopefully it arrives in the next couple days tax free :)

SSTEEL

If that status is anything like what I have experienced with Fedex, then you need to clear the package, either you can do this yourself by filling in an online customs form, this takes longer, and customs can hold your package for up to 20 days. Best to get the shipper to contact customs, and clear it, usually they just want an invoice detailing contents, and value confirmation. Usually when customs hold a package its due to either a random check, or the declared value is higher than the value allowed for auto clearance.

Kcore

Calling them may prompt them to look into it further in which case they may assess you with a Value Added Tax type thing. Basically, they'd add sales tax to the price of the watch. My wife bought a Breitling for me on our Honeymoon at a duty free place, then when it arrived in the states, FedEx tried to add the tax on it. I had to call the vendor to have them clear it up with FedEx, actually, I think they ended up paying the tax for me. Just be patient and hopefully it arrives in the next couple days tax free :)

Something isn't quite right with this. Sales tax is a tax charged to an item by a town, city, and/or state govt., not a carrier like FedEx. FedEx can charge advance ancillary "clearance" fees for Int'l shipping and this can incl. any "Duty" and/or "Import Tax" that U.S. Customs places on any Int'l. item.

Ice_Man

Well talked to the fedex rep and he says that the watch actually just cleared customs and was waiting to be shipped out again. He said they target incoming from certain regions and they look twice which in turn causes the delay. He said hopefully I'll get it by tomorow.

Kcore

Well talked to the fedex rep and he says that the watch actually just cleared customs and was waiting to be shipped out again. He said they target incoming from certain regions and they look twice which in turn causes the delay. He said hopefully I'll get it by tomorow.

Outstanding!

SSTEEL

Result, well, until its in your hands that is. Fingers crossed for you mate.

Ice_Man

Outstanding!

Outstanding!

Kcore, after yours processed out did it come up as "International shipment released- Import"? What I'm worried about is that I will have to pay taxes on the item before I can receive it.

Kcore

Outstanding!

Outstanding!

Kcore, after yours processed out did it come up as "International shipment released- Import"? What I'm worried about is that I will have to pay taxes on the item before I can receive it.

Yes - no worries Ice. If there is any duty tax on it FedEx will pay and then invoice you later. It won't in any way hold up delivery.