Sign in to follow this  
Breitling45

Done with Rep Watches

Conex

Hey it was own stupidity , I can handle the backlash

My own

Fair play to you mate. I think you will fit right in here.

cogwatch

Just had to get my name on this infamous thread.

Welcome to the nuthouse Brietling!!!

bavan

I´ve ordered 10-15 reps and only one was DOA, and in that case i worked out a deal with the TD. Great TD on this forum!

nuttcrac69

Guys

About 20 mins ago I remembered that my first rep was also a Breitling. I bought it many years ago when I first became interested in rep watches and way before i found this forum. I basically only wore it once as it had SHIT strap and the chrono hands didn't fully reset to zero, even after doing the "pull crown out and press the pusher to adjust" exercise.

Then suddenly I realised that it must still be somewhere as I never got rid of it! Well, I rummaged through a few boxes and found it! When I picked it up, it started ticking immediately. The chrono function still works perfectly except for the zeroing problem and best of all it doesn't have a single scratch on it even though it is probably 6 years old!

Now I just have to get the "hand remover thingy", line everything up perfectly, get a better quality strap and I have a "brand new" watch!

So I guess the short of it is that after helping out @Breitling45, he in some weird way helped me remember about the watch and thus in a sense helped me out as well!

:beer2:

JohnG

I was speaking out of frustration earlier when I posted this

This should have been obvious to everyone - and by in large it was, but nevertheless a few people posted kind of dickish replies, which in a case like this is only going to get the frustrated person wound up. I don't know why some people get gloat over the misfortune of thers. I can be an asshole myself at times, but only to other assholes, never to innocent bystanders. :lol:

Baldrick

Indeed, JohnG loves a bit of arsehole to arsehole interaction. .....amongst other 'things' !

:popcorn:

TheSav

Fair play to the OP for taking it all on the chin. Most people would have chucked their toys from the pram never to be seem again.

nev848

Indeed, JohnG loves a bit of arsehole to arsehole interaction. .....amongst other 'things' !

:popcorn:

And how do you know this :)

Baz1872

Bloody hell, my eyes and head are buggered after reading this thread but my belly has just about burst with laughter! :D

stiltzkin

Haha... A serious case of RTFM... But bloody funny.

Glad B45 is now sorted out and enjoying his new pride and joy!!

jingo.smile

The oozing pussy was the best xD

Hope the OP is finds it as funny as we do!

trailboss99

Maybe someone should also explain date setting before '45 does bugger up the movement?

RUSH2112
Maybe someone should also explain date setting before '45 does bugger up the movement?

Hopefully he is on a self imposed buying hiatus until he reads more.

DR3M3L

Flashback? 'Merica fuck yeah!

nuttcrac69

Flashback? 'Merica fuck yeah!

American%20Flag.gif:lmao2:

nuttcrac69

Good idea!

@Breitling45: Don't change the date between 10pm and 3am. Also, the date is the first click when you pull out the crown.

Baldrick
And how do you know this

Your wife told me.....corroborated by your boyfriend :B):

Doomsday

Fun read! Thanks

nev848
And how do you know this

Your wife told me.....corroborated by your boyfriend :B):

I remember now but you forgot the Dwarf, goat and the jar of Marmite. That was a great night :)

zdh

Never had any DOA - sorry mate!

nev848

Never had any DOA - sorry mate!

You have obviously not read the full thread buddy. Do yourself the joy of reading it as it is the funniest thread to date.

cb_5150
Guys

About 20 mins ago I remembered that my first rep was also a Breitling. I bought it many years ago when I first became interested in rep watches and way before i found this forum. I basically only wore it once as it had SHIT strap and the chrono hands didn't fully reset to zero, even after doing the "pull crown out and press the pusher to adjust" exercise.

Then suddenly I realised that it must still be somewhere as I never got rid of it! Well, I rummaged through a few boxes and found it! When I picked it up, it started ticking immediately. The chrono function still works perfectly except for the zeroing problem and best of all it doesn't have a single scratch on it even though it is probably 6 years old!

Now I just have to get the "hand remover thingy", line everything up perfectly, get a better quality strap and I have a "brand new" watch!

So I guess the short of it is that after helping out @Breitling45, he in some weird way helped me remember about the watch and thus in a sense helped me out as well!

:beer2:

Now that's pretty awesome!

How the hell did I miss all this?!