Sign in to follow this  
Breitling45

Done with Rep Watches

Breitling45

This is the second watch I have ordered that has arrived DOA. Now I have to spend a couple hundred to have this watch fixed. I am not sending it back to China. This hobby is a waste of money theses watches don't even work.

plankton

Maybe try ordering some higher line watches from Toro or PC. If not it was nice having you for a short time.

Maahinen

So, tell me one hobby that doesn't cost anything..... Kind of quiet....choice your watches better...

HWG

Sorry you feel that way. I have had tons of great reps. A few problems along the way, but nothing to make me say that I'm done with tv hobby. Good luck to you.

Breitling45

The watches That I have purchased were both $338 a piece. $300 dollars to fix my last. And probably another $300 for this one that's over 1,000 dollars for two watches. IM DONE

plankton

Whew! Bad luck

Jonnybaws

Sorry to hear that.. but it's a known risk with this hobby of ours..

You win some you lose some..

It appears you've percentage of losing is higher than normal which is a shame..

ashtree

#dealwithit

Kcore

The watches That I have purchased were both $338 a piece. $300 dollars to fix my last. And probably another $300 for this one that's over 1,000 dollars for two watches. IM DONE

Let's see, reps purchased for $338 each, spent another $300+ each to repair instead of $30+ each to send a faulty watch back to the TD?

Joker_Facepalm_zps29152149.jpg

Aren

OP...Can you be more specific please. Your specific comments and problems would be more helpful to others.

Sorry for your disappointment, but perhaps you can provide some more constructive information for us.

TIA

yawn

I just received my first DOA watch and it going to cost me 300 bucks to repair locally ouch :(

HWG

Bad luck for sure. There isn't really much else I could say, as you seem rather set that you are done. All the best to you ;)

greg_r

Oh man, that sucks - you've been real unlucky. I've had maybe 100 or more reps through my hands over the years and have had problems with maybe 4 or 5 of 'em, tops, which is no worse than my record with gens.

Still, can't blame you for walking away from reps under the circumstances. Take it easy, mate...

Breitling45

The watch wont wind just like my last watch. the second hand wont move, when they fixed my last watch they had to replace everything inside

Breitling45

@ashtree Go F#ck yourself you F3ucking Pussy

nsbrando

i guess its bad luck bro, can you give us a little more detail on the watches and the TD you used?

torobravo

That´s very unfortunate, good luck outthere and welcome back anytime, check about my PAM 505 gen after les than a year of use and my girfriend´s Cartier almost new stopped, they are fixing it for 3 weeks now... I´m done with gens

elp

#dealwithit

real caring.....

@Breitling45: sorry to hear about your unlucky experience. If it's with a TD here they should put it right for you - I suggest you contact a moderator. That said, I can understand your position under the circumstances if you decided to walk away.

Aren

Breitling45 can you post some photos and tell us where you bought these awful watches?

It would be appreciated.

TIA

onionbag

It can be very disheartening to have your hard earned pleasures turn to ashes in your mouth.

In a case where expensive repairs are needed, the best route is to seek advice from your dealer and follow their instructions to the letter.

If a resolution still cannot be found, please feel free to contact any Moderator here for assistance.

Breitling45

One was from Perfect Clones and the other was from Trusty Time . Its not like have ordered and 10 watches and 2 are bad. I have ordered 2 watched and they are both broke, Cheap fake watch, Ill save up for a gen

Odyseus

I certainly wouldn't get it fixed locally - $300 is a joke. You can buy another movement and have it fitted for a lot less by one of the modders on here :)

Sending watches back to China is not that much of a hasle - yes you might have to wait 6 odd weeks. I've sent 4 back now to three different TD's and all OK.

What country are you from??

Kcore

One was from Perfect Clones and the other was from Trusty Time . Its not like have ordered and 10 watches and 2 are bad. I have ordered 2 watched and they are both broke, Cheap fake watch, Ill save up for a gen

When you received these DOA watches, did you contact the TD to let them know?

draggnation

Specifics would really help this thread; photos also

kenton23

Sorry to hear that. My luck with reps has so far been better than gens (I've had to return 2 gens for repair). Whether the same can be said after a 10 year period is a different question but my first rep (a Davidsen) is now 5 years old and still as good as new.

By all means don't stick with it, but it can be a fun and rewarding hobby in my experience - whether you want to devote an hour a day or an hour a year to it is of course entirely up to you