Sign in to follow this  
Breitling45

Done with Rep Watches

Breitling45

Yes I just contacted Trusty, they are just going to say send it back to China blah blah blah..Ill just bite the bullet have it fixed locally and then im done. Im not wasting my money anymore. Good luck to everyone on here

draggnation

That´s very unfortunate, good luck outthere and welcome back anytime, check about my PAM 505 gen after les than a year of use and my girfriend´s Cartier almost new stopped, they are fixing it for 3 weeks now... I´m done with gens

Lol

Aznsnplayboy

Sorry to hear that, can't you just contact your TD and tell them your watch was D.O.A within 24-48hrs upon arrival? They should fix your watch for free, just have to pay for shipping.

Edit: Didn't realize you already answer the question, good luck to you.

Edited by Aznsnplayboy

Barth

The watches That I have purchased were both $338 a piece. $300 dollars to fix my last. And probably another $300 for this one that's over 1,000 dollars for two watches. IM DONE

Let's see, reps purchased for $338 each, spent another $300+ each to repair instead of $30+ each to send a faulty watch back to the TD?

Joker_Facepalm_zps29152149.jpg

Takes 2 months, if TD ever receives it... Not worth either !

Odyseus

Yes I just contacted Trusty, they are just going to say send it back to China blah blah blah..Ill just bite the bullet have it fixed locally and then im done. Im not wasting my money anymore. Good luck to everyone on here

I don't understand why you won't just send them back??

onionbag

Then it appears that this hobby is not for you, fair enough and good luck to you.

Left Coast Guy

Really feel for you. I got my first dud around rep #6. I fixed it, but still bums me out.

I'd say post your pics, specifics about the issues etc. Lots of good folks on this forum, wouldn't be completely surprised if someone volunteered to take a look at your DOA rep for free given your string of rough luck. But you only get out of the forum what you put in....

Breitling45

I have heard of too many stories of watches being lost in customs. Im not going that route. thanks though

DMMS

That's pretty tough. Were the sellers TDs? And why get them fixed locally rather than send them back?

andyboy

You should have ordered the RWG watch

:D

All the best.

:beer2:

Odyseus

I have heard of too many stories of watches being lost in customs. Im not going that route. thanks though

It really isn't that bad - just put 'fashion accessories for repair' value $20 on customs form - job done - Costs £14 from UK. The TD will return at their cost..

Breitling45

yup they were from perfect clones and trusty time

Odyseus

You should have ordered the RWG watch

:D

All the best.

:beer2:

At least it wouldn't be broken :)

diggs

Sorry to hear about your experience. As easy as it is to say suck it up we all work hard for our money and when you have to spend more than you expected on something that you were excited to receive it could easily be disheartening. I myself have bought maybe around 20 reps and had problems with only 1 so I gues I've been fortunate. However if the first 2 I bought were duds I'd probably feel the same as you.

On the other hand when I do receive a watch I'm almost always blown away by the overall quality of these pieces at a fraction of the gen cost.

Edited by diggs

Pseudonym

I feel your pain OP. But sometimes when you think you order ice-cream, you get dog shit. These are the risks with reps.

As others have said, $300 to fix it is very expensive. Best best is to send it back as it's covered by a 1yr factory warranty in most cases. Other than that, have it repaired or movement changed by any of the modders on here.

Don't give up on this game just yet. Sure there are pitfalls but that's just the game. I bought a PAM332. Cost me close to $600 inc delivery & sapphire crystal. It died within 24hrs. Shipped it back bout a month ago... Guess what?? It's en route home.

Chin up.

Kwt

All the best man, seriously unlucky and most people on here will feel for you. You done the right thing in going on here, finding a td and hoping you get a nice piece but it just hasn't happened. That's harsh luck man. So good luck in your new hobby.

Kcore

The watches That I have purchased were both $338 a piece. $300 dollars to fix my last. And probably another $300 for this one that's over 1,000 dollars for two watches. IM DONE

Let's see, reps purchased for $338 each, spent another $300+ each to repair instead of $30+ each to send a faulty watch back to the TD?

Joker_Facepalm_zps29152149.jpg

Takes 2 months, if TD ever receives it... Not worth either !

Please, countless members have sent a faulty watch back to TD for repair. Sure it takes a long time to get back, but it's the TDs responsibility and should be held accountable.

Spending a few dollars on shipping is the smarter choice, unless it's an easy, inexpensive fix then a local fix makes sense. Breitling45 has choosen to spend just as much for repairs as the watches cost and his answer is as to why is, "blah, blah, blah."

Ghostripper

Like everything in life...Your problems are all about the attitude, patience and good decisions. That will always lead you to the best solution, of course it is always easier to drop the towel, but you have the channels to make it right. The frustration is obvious since you got a bad taste surely too many times than the usual but still it can happen.

Good luck with any "horology" destination from now on, either gen or rep.

draggnation

One of my first ever reps i bought on here was m2m from a Mod.

It arrived DOA. Contacted him and he said it worked prefectly before he sent it. He then offered for me to send it back...i just rather chewed up the hassle and told him not to worry, i decided to fix it locally. Till now, i haven't touched the watch. It's just sitting in my dresser....didn't know i wasn't that much of a fancy for rollies till it came. I have ordered over 7 watches after this experience and gotten them fantastic in good working order.

Morale of the story - these things happen and even though it may be really painful when you get that long expected beauty DOA, the realisation is, if you find yourself still ordering another watch, you then know the depth of your passion for this hobby and how insane you are.

Sorry about the DOA's mate...stick with your intuition!

zinnboy

@ashtree Go F#ck yourself you F3ucking Pussy

Oh shit. That's not ok. Better prepare yourself and apologize now. :spank:

Kal-el

So sorry to hear that. I have bought over 30 watches from toro, and thankfully not a single one came with issues...

zinnboy

One was from Perfect Clones and the other was from Trusty Time . Its not like have ordered and 10 watches and 2 are bad. I have ordered 2 watched and they are both broke, Cheap fake watch, Ill save up for a gen

You call it a "cheap" watch but if you feel that $1000 is a lot of money to spend on two watches aren't you contradicting yourself?

I certainly wouldn't get it fixed locally - $300 is a joke. You can buy another movement and have it fitted for a lot less by one of the modders on here :)

Sending watches back to China is not that much of a hasle - yes you might have to wait 6 odd weeks. I've sent 4 back now to three different TD's and all OK.

What country are you from??

The best way to fix your watch is to ship it to someone to fix. I know SSTEEL is a great person, but more importantly you should send it back to the TD so they fix the error and I don't have to deal with this like you have.

One was from Perfect Clones and the other was from Trusty Time . Its not like have ordered and 10 watches and 2 are bad. I have ordered 2 watched and they are both broke, Cheap fake watch, Ill save up for a gen

These aren't fakes they're replicas. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

When you received these DOA watches, did you contact the TD to let them know?

So you would rather not wait and spend $300 to get it fixed than send it to get fixed for $30? I don't really understand you.

Sorry to hear about your experience. As easy as it is to say suck it up we all work hard for our money and when you have to spend more than you expected on something that you were excited to receive it could easily be disheartening. I myself have bought maybe around 20 reps and had problems with only 1 so I gues I've been fortunate. However if the first 2 I bought were duds I'd probably feel the same as you.

On the other hand when I do receive a watch I'm almost always blown away by the overall quality of these pieces at a fraction of the gen cost.

While I do feel bad for himI also feel that he has handled this situation rather poorly.

I feel your pain OP. But sometimes when you think you order ice-cream, you get dog shit. These are the risks with reps.

As others have said, $300 to fix it is very expensive. Best best is to send it back as it's covered by a 1yr factory warranty in most cases. Other than that, have it repaired or movement changed by any of the modders on here.

Don't give up on this game just yet. Sure there are pitfalls but that's just the game. I bought a PAM332. Cost me close to $600 inc delivery & sapphire crystal. It died within 24hrs. Shipped it back bout a month ago... Guess what?? It's en route home.

Chin up.

When you get it post pics :)

trailboss99

300 bucks to fix, what were they? Even a 7750 is about 160 for the movement and should cost no more than 50 or 60 to fit.

An Asian ETA is around 60 to 70, a 21j 30 dollars. Sounds like your watchmaker is taking you for a ride.

gB.

Hmmm, both must have gotten broken during dropshitting...

:dogshit:

:sofa:

berytus

Sorry to hear about your experience...HOWEVER....I have a personal one to share with you.....about Perfect Clone. I bought from Joshua a beautiful Cartier Santos 100 (in addition to a Ballon Bleu (for wife) and a Chopard GTXL. All these purchases (each >$300) were in early 2013 (Mar -May). Early this year, the Santos crown started slipping and about a month later, came undone. I emailed Joshua and NO QUESTIONS asked, he immediately asked me to send it back for him to fix...I shipped it from US, end of Mar. (a year after I bought it from him), he received it, fixed it, tested it for 2 days (and by email, confirmed to me that it is working). He shipped it back (at his expense....also NO REPAIR COST), and it is on its way to me (according to tracking No.).....but have received it yet. I cannot have had a better experience or greater after sales customer service....the Only problem is the wait almost 1 month from start to finish...which sucks...but that's not the TD's problem...

I urge you to contact them and solve your issue with them, I'm sure they will be very responsive.

300 bucks to fix, what were they? Even a 7750 is about 160 for the movement and should cost no more than 50 or 60 to fit.

An Asian ETA is around 60 to 70, a 21j 30 dollars. Sounds like your watchmaker is taking you for a ride.

+1