Sign in to follow this  
Breitling45

Done with Rep Watches

myaz

Outstanding, berytus.

berytus

The watches That I have purchased were both $338 a piece. $300 dollars to fix my last. And probably another $300 for this one that's over 1,000 dollars for two watches. IM DONE

Let's see, reps purchased for $338 each, spent another $300+ each to repair instead of $30+ each to send a faulty watch back to the TD?

Joker_Facepalm_zps29152149.jpg

Takes 2 months, if TD ever receives it... Not worth either !

Please, countless members have sent a faulty watch back to TD for repair. Sure it takes a long time to get back, but it's the TDs responsibility and should be held accountable.

Spending a few dollars on shipping is the smarter choice, unless it's an easy, inexpensive fix then a local fix makes sense. Breitling45 has choosen to spend just as much for repairs as the watches cost and his answer is as to why is, "blah, blah, blah."

The watches That I have purchased were both $338 a piece. $300 dollars to fix my last. And probably another $300 for this one that's over 1,000 dollars for two watches. IM DONE

Let's see, reps purchased for $338 each, spent another $300+ each to repair instead of $30+ each to send a faulty watch back to the TD?

Joker_Facepalm_zps29152149.jpg

Takes 2 months, if TD ever receives it... Not worth either !

Please, countless members have sent a faulty watch back to TD for repair. Sure it takes a long time to get back, but it's the TDs responsibility and should be held accountable.

Spending a few dollars on shipping is the smarter choice, unless it's an easy, inexpensive fix then a local fix makes sense. Breitling45 has choosen to spend just as much for repairs as the watches cost and his answer is as to why is, "blah, blah, blah."

The repair guy is taking you for a ride.......and everyone knows it...even YOU DO...there are many Trusted repair guys here that could help you for much Cheaper, if you choose not to send it back. I send my watch back for $22 (US-China) and Perfect Clones shipped it back (No repair Cost)...so it's a no brainer....$22 vs $300 (you be the judge)

berytus

Outstanding, berytus.

Thanks Bro..Truth has to be told....and credit has to be given when Due...Joshua was so responsive (It blew my mind)....a year later...repair at no cost...and shipping back no cost (That's an Authorized Dealer service :)

Barth

Indeed members sucessfully send back their watches, but shit happens quite often..

Of course he shouldn't pay anywhere near 300 bucks to get it fixed, but sendibg something to China (especially with such a bad watch-karma so far) isn't something I would risk. Just my take !

markeym3

Yeah I would have sent them back ... no problem ... I would be done with local repairer. ..the guy is taking the piss ..

It is a bad % rate but no need to spend $$$$$ on repairs

ajl007

Sorry to hear this.. I have had a similar experience but still think its worth it!

Ordered 3 reps so far:

x1 works perfectly

x1 Was DOA

x1 Wrong model watch was sent!

All $300+.. Both sent back to China a month ago, still waiting. But that's all part of the game in the hobby.

deju

Its a hobby!

I've never had a hobby that isn't a waste of my money or time. Thats not the point of a hobby, the point is for the enjoyment the frustration and the frill of it.

If you want a hobby that isn't a waste of money, then there is one it's called work. lol

ryan patrick

sorry to hear that

Ahew9391

I wrote a post the other week saying that 3 reps I've purchased this year have all broke, rolex just stopped, breitling crown won't screw in and panerai crown fell out. All brought from trusty time, all been sent back. Andrew has received them and will be sent back when fixed, don't get me wrong I was pissed off, but it will be fixed, just be patient. I'll do a review and send some pics when there back.

I also ordered an ap safari from marvellous replica on Tuesday and it's already in England, had to pay dhl £3.24 vat today ? I'll send some pics of that too when I work out how to do it on iPad.

Anyhow sorry to hear of your bad luck and I'm sure it'll change if you stick with it. If not there's always golf to ruin your day :-)

Good luck

markeym3

Maybe try of the M2M sales ... worth a look

JSJ

Bad luck @Breitling45. Looks like this hobby and you are not suited. I wish you well with your next one.

it's already in England, had to pay dhl £3.24 vat today

That is cheap for a VAT bill. No handling?

Mike on a bike

Maybe try of the M2M sales ... worth a look

+1

Higs

@ashtree Go F#ck yourself you F3ucking Pussy

Do you know you can say 'FUCK' on this forum? It's one of many great things about it.

Another great thing about this forum is the help you get with TDs like TT and PC should you need it.

My take on things:

• You were unfortunate to receive a DOA watch
  • You were very unfortunate to receive 2 DOA watches out of 2 bought
  • It was your choice to have them fixed locally when you could have sent them back
  • You are probably being ripped off by your local watchsmith at $300 a pop
  • This hobby is not for you

JSJ

@ashtree Go F#ck yourself you F3ucking Pussy

Do you know you can say 'FUCK' on this forum? It's one of many great things about it.

:rofl:

Plenty more great things I must say :giggle:

andy34

Not sure about anyone else following this thread but I smell something a bit fishy. OP comes on here and slags off two of our TDs even though he never returned the watches to be repaired, which is why we all use TDs -because of exactly what they are "trusted", the posts have been vague to say the least and not to the point "blah, blah, blah" being an example. Its nice to help people, but some people are beyond help!

Conex

Lost count how many times I have said that about women and yet........

JSJ

Yeah this could well have legs. I think we are waiting...

WhAt is that terrible smell??? :tease:

:popcorn:

Kcore

Lost count how many times I have said that about women and yet........

Come on, come on, say it again, what have you said about women? :boobies:

bullsvsbears

I think we are all nervous of this to happen i don't like hearing about this with a high end rep... but i would also like here a little more about it as far as pictures of them.... were they breathings (assuming from your name) i think some of us get very excited for these (for good reason) but we have to realize we are buying knock offs when your buying 5/10/20k watches for 300 bucks. We have to realize a lot of that 10k is in the name but a lot is making a watch that will last 100 years. We are buying a Chinese knock off of it so sometimes it just doesn't fall into place. you did the right thing and went through a TD maybe get a mod to help you out..

JSJ

... were they breathings ...

Don't you just lOve autocorrect?

Ahew9391
Bad luck @Breitling45. Looks like this hobby and you are not suited. I wish you well with your next one.

it's already in England, had to pay dhl £3.24 vat today

That is cheap for a VAT bill. No handling?

It said vat or admin fee. I didn't argue, just paid it. Got itchy palms waiting for it to arrive :-)

LightGeek

M2M is your answer. Also, vastly overpaying for repairs is nuts...

andy34

Don't kid yourself mate, gens fall apart to.

Necromancer

Sorry to hear op.

There does seem to be a fairly high proportion of DOA and faulty watches recently.

I've only had one problem so far out of the five I've bought but it's still one too many and a bummer when it happens.

I'm beginning to wonder about both the factories and dealers QC processes as some of the problems I've read about

should have been picked up before despatch.

As regards returning for repair, threads like this http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=76775 deter me from risking it.

I guess it is a risk and just 'part of the game'

Good luck whichever way you go

bullsvsbears

Not sure about anyone else following this thread but I smell something a bit fishy. OP comes on here and slags off two of our TDs even though he never returned the watches to be repaired, which is why we all use TDs -because of exactly what they are "trusted", the posts have been vague to say the least and not to the point "blah, blah, blah" being an example. Its nice to help people, but some people are beyond help!

agreed :ttiwwop: