Sign in to follow this  
Breitling45

Done with Rep Watches

JSJ
Bad luck @Breitling45. Looks like this hobby and you are not suited. I wish you well with your next one.

it's already in England, had to pay dhl £3.24 vat today

That is cheap for a VAT bill. No handling?

It said vat or admin fee. I didn't argue, just paid it. Got itchy palms waiting for it to arrive :-)

You did well, although I'm a bit concerned the TD put a value more than $20 on the customs paperwork. I never had that. Good luck, hope it arrives soon mate :).

Conex

Lost count how many times I have said that about women and yet........

Come on, come on, say it again, what have you said about women? :boobies:

Haha I'm done with women. Never said I'm done with boobies.

markeym3

I had a DOA deepsea 21j so just bought a movement from cousins and swapped it cost me around £25 ,,, but would like to see some pics if poss

Kcore

Lost count how many times I have said that about women and yet........

Come on, come on, say it again, what have you said about women? :boobies:

Haha I'm done with women. Never said I'm done with boobies.

WHEW, that's more like it :)

Daywatch

You can keep going on buying all chronos with the A7750 and have them breaking one after another (never broke any yet but using the chrono seldom and as per instruction only) or move directly on to quartz chronos and other standard watches with the Asian eta. What is never mentioned here is that Chinese quality on quartz reps build and function/reliability is exceptional (unlike with the autos just generally speaking).

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300m Grande date witth the swiss ronda quartz is as gen as it gets (movement as gen with all functions including sweeping 1/10 sec) and good lume for just below$250 from Supermirrors and Kuvarsit has the fantastic Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Racing Grey Titanium with no ticking seconds at all (the main seconds are sweeping with the Myota OS20 Microstepper), at 9 it´s the minute counter. Than there is Steinhart also.....

ptDSC_9929cr_zpsef5a2c7c.jpg

Hublot_2849_DW1024_zpsea5f4067.jpg

Conex
You can keep going on buying all chronos with the A7750 and have them breaking one after another (never broke any yet but using the chrono seldom and as per instruction only) or move directly on to quartz chronos and other standard watches with the Asian eta. What is never mentioned here is that Chinese quality on quartz reps build and function/reliability is exceptional (unlike with the autos just generally speaking).

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300m Grande date witth the swiss ronda quartz is as gen as it gets (movement as gen with all functions including sweeping 1/10 sec) and good lume for just below$250 from Supermirrors and Kuvarsit has the fantastic Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Racing Grey Titanium with no ticking seconds at all (the main seconds are sweeping with the Myota OS20 Microstepper), at 9 it´s the minute counter. Than there is Steinhart also.....

Yes I have to be honest. I have quit buying anything with chronos or a GMT hand or even a date wheel nowadays. Nice and simple Asian eta. Done. Fortunately i prefer simple watches like vintage Pams and Rollies.

zinnboy

Update us with pictures and such. :ttiwwop:

Aznsnplayboy

I believe the OP is sick of this thread coming up on his notification bar, he doesn't wanna bother with responding back anymore and updating us w/ Pictures of his DOA watches!!

gB.

Then we should stop bumping it with responses... oops

Bump.

Necromancer

Then we should stop bumping it with responses... oops

Bump.

+1

oops

dalboy

After years of collecting and seeing the quality of reps come on in leaps and bounds i can sympathise with the OP .

Like Greg over the years i have only had a couple that have died on me .no big deal. after all that was back in the day and the repair costs were relative to the time .

But .. I have bought 2 x Avengers as you know both 7750's and both need new movements .. am i pissed .. Fuck yeah. . you would think those Asians would put as much effort into a decent Engine equal to that of the chassis .. That may come in time .. As for the hear and now these 2 will get the work they need and i will move on.. After all , i came into this hobby with an open mind and eyes and dont think i have done too bad .. but that was many , many moons ago..

@ O.P .. . I understand entirely you'v had enough .. good luck in your next hobby. and dont be a stranger to the forum. Remember you don't need to buy watches to Enjoy the forum..

Dal.

Frankt8242

I can honestly say that if I was in his shoes today, I'd probably come to the same conclusion...But since I was lucky enough to 'learn the ropes" of rep collecting back when you could get a decent one for $100. or less if you knew where to look...

I can not even imagine paying $359-400 bucks for ANY replica of ANYTHING horological!!

I mean shit....I only paid $435. for this:

IMG_5381.jpg

A gen Omega Dynamic chrono BNIB....

And I have a TOTAL of @ $650. "invested" in this melange.....

100_0232.jpg

Reps ain't what they used to be value wise....And when 100% of the ones you order come busted, it's a real PITA!!!

Breitling45

There is nothing "fishy" about this. I bought these watches from TD's on here and they don't work. Look the reasons I'm not sending it back is they may have it working when they fix it and send it back to me but I have no faith when it arrives and I open it that it will work sorry, And I know i'm probably getting ripped off to get it fixed locally for $300 but I'm not going to just not use the watch and have it sit in my house not reading time. I paid $338 for it and I want a working watch. I have no other choice.

Steve227

3rd time lucky bro. If this was typical we wouldn't have a forum.

Breitling45

Im also at work and the watch is at home that's why I haven't posted pics, Im in the USA

dave1978

Did you try winding them ? :-D

Kcore

I know i'm probably getting ripped off to get it fixed locally for $300.

I have no other choice.

Can't argure with that. You CHOOSE to get ripped of

Breitling45

Yeah man I winded it, shook it, everything. The date wont change either something is messed up internally

Breitling45

@Kcore is your pussy oozing because your a little BITCH. its not your money so shut the fuck up.

andy34

This is a wind up, right?

dave1978
@Kcore is your pussy oozing because your a little BITCH. its not your money so shut the fuck up.

No need for that

JSJ
Im also at work and the watch is at home that's why I haven't posted pics, Im in the USA

You are a good guy and you'll get support on here. There are people who know how to fix the watches for far less than $300. Show us some pics and we'll help.

diggs

Yes I have to be honest. I have quit buying anything with chronos or a GMT hand or even a date wheel nowadays. Nice and simple Asian eta. Done. Fortunately i prefer simple watches like vintage Pams and Rollies.

I'm actually on the hunt for quartz reps as well .. I haven't had any movement issues with my auto watches but just want something I know I don't have to worry about. Initially all I wanted was that smooth sweep now it doesn't bother me so much as long as there's no tick.

_DC_

Ok, I understand you're pissed off but you're overstepping the mark here! People tried helping you and all you did was whine, now someone's giving you a dose of reality and you get verbally abusive? Not cool man!!

I don't for a nano second believe that there are no members within a reasonable distance of you with the know how to fix your watch!! Maybe if you stopped being abusive someone would offer to help!!

I had a watch die shortly after receiving and a very kind member is fixing it for me at a reasonable price, no way some rip off merchant is your "only choice", that's what this community is here for, to help each other!!!

DC

nuttcrac69

Sigh.......