Sign in to follow this  
Del

GMT Master II ceramic from Timesshop

mbjoer
Are you sure it's moving the entire time? My GMT hand is finicky (to say the least ...). If I pull the crown out to adjust the GMT hand or date or even to wind the watch, the GMT hand often stops. I have to pull the crown out all the way and re-set the hour/minute hands to get it moving again.

I think so, but at snails' pace. I timed it yesterday and in two hours it moved about 1/2 hour.

I have told Jamie about the problem, and the initial response was "it is a small problem. Send it to a local watchsmith and we will give you $15 discount next time".

Not quite what I am looking for and I have again asked him to take it back and sort the problem.

Update as per Aug 19, 2011.

Got it back from Timesshop 3 months after I originally bought it. AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

So now pretty cross with them. What did they do to it all that time, and why did they not test it before sending it back????

DeepseaMan

One of my favourite watchs I had one of these, now I have the gmt 2c tt (gold and stainless) from Mary it looks amazing on but Im going to have to buy another one of these an might get military strap for it ;)

I also got a dssd of bk and it's bloody special lol

radekglaz

I received my GMT Master 2 weeks ago and from the begginig it has a problem with the date passing from one day to the next.

It is with asian 21J movement. When the date is passing it stops between one and next day. It stays in that position till next date change (24h after).

Does anyone have the same problem with asian 21J movement? I plan to buy SUB with this movement and do not want the same problem with it. Maybe I should buy it with asian copy 2836?

enzox

6061219215_a845287164_o.jpg

durable.

deanjames

I recieved mine today, it's very good and I would easily have paid double what it cost.

Will certainly be usign Timeshops again thanks

Pihlippe
I ordered a Rolex GTM Master II ceramic with Asian copy 2836 movement from Timesshop on Friday 13th August ( :) ), it was shipped on Wednesday 18th August (slight delay due to weekend and an issue with the EMS postage cost ($10 less than it should have been) applied by their website) and it arrived at my door on Thursday 26th August - 13 days in total from web order to having it on my wrist, although shippping only took 8 days :lmao2:.

It was very, very well packaged in two sets of foam sheeting, a polystyrene box and an outer cardboard box, complete with about 3 rolls-worth of yellow packing tape :). The watch was encased in clear plastic film, tissue paper and a harder plastic protector around the ceramic bezel. After three hours, I finally found the watch :D .

I don't have the expert knowledge to give a full review of how accurate the crown guards are, etc..... so I'll just show you the photos and let you see for yourself. Suffice to say that in my opinion this watch is utterly gorgeous :) and is beautifully finished - and all for $128 plus postage.

Just wondering; What is the status of the watch now, one year later.

Do you have it still or is it sold? Is it as good today as when you bought it.

How long have members here their watches?

deanjames

Here's a pic of my new watch from timeshops next to a prohunter i got from UKwatches.

I'd say they came from the same factory as the build quality is very similar.

What a pair :Whistle:

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

webvan

Wow, it looks much better than the Asian v1 I got three years ago...tempting, especially for $72, is that price still good?

mbjoer

Hmm, well.

Bought mine back in May. GMT hand did not work.

Sent it back. Got it back. GMT hand still did not work.

Sent it back again. But all I have heard is that it is still with the factory...... :D

flamagic

Great photos - nice watch!

mbjoer

Hmm, well.

Bought mine back in May. GMT hand did not work.

Sent it back. Got it back. GMT hand still did not work.

Sent it back again. But all I have heard is that it is still with the factory...... :lol:

Update:

I finally received it back and functioning. It took more than 5 months. About 100 emails. Plus involvement from mods on RWI. - But I have it now.

The tale is long and does not belong in this thread. Only to say that Timesshop service is chaotic and almost non-existant.

Use them only if the watch is VERY cheap, your time costs nothing and/or you can afford to bin a non-functioning watch!!

radekglaz

Here is my 21j GMT from TS:

2pomniejszone.jpg

and with 21j SUB also from TS:

1pomniejszone.jpg

RG

NFleischer

I've had one for 6 months -no problems. Also got the same thing in the SUB C version. Also works

weell. Lume is abit cruddy. Can't beat them for the $$ IMO.

Del

:Whistle: This thread just won't die!

Over 5,000 views! :lol:

tesmith2112
:Whistle: This thread just won't die!

This thread reminded me how much I like the ceramic GMT. I like it better than the Sub actually. I think it wears slightly larger and looks a bit more dressy with the polished mid-links.

Luthier

Sooo... Who has the best Sub?

:lol:

pamelo

I have the GMT2 ceramic ($193) and the Green Sub ($170) from timesshop. Both swiss eta 2836 movements.

Both "noobfactory"--very good build quality. Those are about the best prices I've seen for these watches.

I've had them a few months, and they run good so far. They look pretty much the same as the gens.

rld14

I have the Asian Copy ETA model in transit from TS as we speak... well, as we speak it's at JFK "Inbound into Customs" via EMS....

Can't wait to see if this thing really is THAT nice.. for $150 it's worth a shot, right?

Watchnuts

:hss: This thread just won't die!

... and it looks like you have sold the GMT. Any reason why? I got the 21j from TS and it is great.

ImWatchingYOU

Anyone of you who bought a GMT II recently, are there any changes with the bezel, or they still have "play" in them?