Sign in to follow this  
Del

GMT Master II ceramic from Timesshop

TonyTheSpy

Hello,

Yesterday I got the same watch from the same dealer. A purchase spectacular: very competitive price, fast shipping (only 6 days) and it is a high quality watch (it is the V3 version, this version greatly improves the previous version, this version is more like the original, especially the bezel).

Del: You have calculated the accuracy of your GTM? My watch gains about 3 seconds a day.

...sorry for my english... :lol:

Regards;

Tony

Edited by TonyTheSpy

mbjoer

I'll blame it on all of you ppl above.............:

Now I have bought one as well. And almost before I pressed the BUY button, I got the tracking number from Timesshop.

But no pictures :drool:

I thought by now all dealers would send pictures before shipping, but clearly not TS.

Now just hope there are no issues with the watch(es - Also got a Chopard for the GF).

crewldude

Now I have bought one as well. And almost before I pressed the BUY button, I got the tracking number from Timesshop.

I thought by now all dealers would send pictures before shipping, but clearly not TS.

Now just hope there are no issues with the watch(es - Also got a Chopard for the GF).

If you ask when you order they will send you a QC pic.

King

What he said. I just ordered the same watch from TS earlier this week and got QC pics after requesting them.

This is getting to be a very popular watch on the forum, thanks to Del and his excellent pics -- Mark should give you a freebie for all the business you've sent his way, Del ...

mbjoer

But no pictures :)

Too late. Watch was sent before I found out. Will requst pictures next time and with a bit of luck he actually inspected the watch before sending it.

Now just waiting...

Del

Sorry for my silence folks - didn't see that this thread had been resurrected!

I'm glad my pics/review has been helpful for some folk. The GMT is one of my favourites, which is why I sent it to Ska for a re-lume - and I've also since had a successful pressure test done to 5 ATMs too :).

Accuracy was very good out of the box (not sure exactly how many seconds it gained/lost per day) but Ska also stripped it down, lubricated various parts and regulated it for me too so it really is running (and glowing!) like a dream.

As for Mark giving me a freebie, I really can't see that happening sadly! ;)

bbb

Hey, sorry to hijack the thread but I didn't want to start a whole new topic, has anyone got the 2 tone $80 GMT from timeshop, and are the midlinks hollow or solid, as I can't tell from the pics but am interested in one so just want to know other peoples experiences

Del
Hey, sorry to hijack the thread but I didn't want to start a whole new topic, has anyone got the 2 tone $80 GMT from timeshop, and are the midlinks hollow or solid, as I can't tell from the pics but am interested in one so just want to know other peoples experiences

This is a review thread - best to start a new one to ask your question - not everyone will see your question here. :wacko:

mbjoer

But no pictures :popcorn:

Too late. Watch was sent before I found out. Will requst pictures next time and with a bit of luck he actually inspected the watch before sending it.

Now just waiting...

Just a small follow-up: Mine arrived today and looks just as descriped by Del - Great!!

Thanks again for the review.

It started moving as I unpacked it. Sweet Sweep.

Now I hope I have been lucky with my movement, but only time will tell...

Del
Just a small follow-up: Mine arrived today and looks just as descriped by Del - Great!!

Excellent mate! :)

Glad to hear all is well and you are happy with it. :)

mbjoer

But no pictures :notworthy:

Now just waiting...

Update 2: The GMT hand is not good. Takes a few days to do 24 hours. Now the question is where to send it? Should I send it back to Timesshop or should I send it to Domi?

King

But no pictures :wub:

Now just waiting...

Update 2: The GMT hand is not good. Takes a few days to do 24 hours. Now the question is where to send it? Should I send it back to Timesshop or should I send it to Domi?

Are you sure it's moving the entire time? My GMT hand is finicky (to say the least ...). If I pull the crown out to adjust the GMT hand or date or even to wind the watch, the GMT hand often stops. I have to pull the crown out all the way and re-set the hour/minute hands to get it moving again.

mbjoer
Are you sure it's moving the entire time? My GMT hand is finicky (to say the least ...). If I pull the crown out to adjust the GMT hand or date or even to wind the watch, the GMT hand often stops. I have to pull the crown out all the way and re-set the hour/minute hands to get it moving again.

I think so, but at snails' pace. I timed it yesterday and in two hours it moved about 1/2 hour.

I have told Jamie about the problem, and the initial response was "it is a small problem. Send it to a local watchsmith and we will give you $15 discount next time".

Not quite what I am looking for and I have again asked him to take it back and sort the problem.

tissotman

At least you have had your watch ! im still waiting for mine 24 days later and still no sign of it !

ImWatchingYOU

I have the same watch also from timeshops with an asian copy movement. As I have some issues with the bezel, I am thinking to get another one. Mary has one for 310$, Anyone knows if its better in any way (apart from swiss eta movement). Is the case quality any different?

csxts

wow im surprised this thread came back to life xD

anyways, i bought the asian ETA copy (~140) and for the past 2 months, its been pretty amazing.

Granted it does advance a minute every few days, but nothing significant popping up (fingers crossed)

ImWatchingYOU

Del, can you please tell if this one has the aligned rehaut engraving or not?

wolverine

I was really on the fence on buying this piece, as I really like the ceramic bezel, bigger dial and polished center links.

However, the Noobfactory GMT IIc has a very obvious tell, in that the GMT hand is at the bottom. For gen GMT IIcs, the GMT hand is above the hour hand.

Does anyone know of any other GMT IIc rep with the proer hand stack order?

greg_r

wolverine: there are correct hand stack versions, but they tend to be extremely unreliable due to the movement modifications required. Stick to the incorrect handstack version - you'll end up with a much better watch in the long run.

Del

Yes mate, it does. :D

I was really on the fence on buying this piece, as I really like the ceramic bezel, bigger dial and polished center links.

However, the Noobfactory GMT IIc has a very obvious tell, in that the GMT hand is at the bottom. For gen GMT IIcs, the GMT hand is above the hour hand.

+1 to greg.

This is a great watch and nobody will ever notice the incorrect hand stack except people like us! In fact, 99.9% of people won't even know what a hand stack is! :wacko:

wolverine

Yes mate, it does. :D

+1 to greg.

This is a great watch and nobody will ever notice the incorrect hand stack except people like us! In fact, 99.9% of people won't even know what a hand stack is! :huh:

Ah, ok, so the handstack issue is more of a factor of the movement rather than as an unfaithful reproduction.

I agree, this looks like a great watch . I already own the NoobSub, and I am lusting for this. I saw a guy wearing one, and the polished center links were just singing to me :lol:

Looks like ill be giving timesshop an email.... :huh:

Patron Saint of Heartache

I have one too. Any idea if this is the ultimate version? Not that it matters..

Del
I have one too. Any idea if this is the ultimate version? Not that it matters..

I think you answered your own question! :lol:

tissotman

I ordered one of these never eve got it though and took ages to get my refund from them , so i will never use timesshop.net again they did absolutly nothing for me when i explained they had sent the package to USA when i live in the UK ! probably lost in customs somewhere i would have hoped they would have sorted it for me but they did not my bank got my money back in the end.

PGL
I ordered one of these never eve got it though and took ages to get my refund from them , so i will never use timesshop.net again they did absolutly nothing for me when i explained they had sent the package to USA when i live in the UK ! probably lost in customs somewhere i would have hoped they would have sorted it for me but they did not my bank got my money back in the end.

Wow... thank goodness you got your money back. Sometimes it is hard to buy on the internet.

The watch is really beautiful. Don't know if it works 100% right but looks terrific for the price.