Sign in to follow this  
Del

GMT Master II ceramic from Timesshop

pamelo

I have the same watch from the same supplier--except swiss eta movement. Had it about a week. works good. $193 is about best price I've seen for the GMT2 ceramic with swiss movement.

I know the watches look pretty in pics, but I would like to see more discussion here about how these rep watches hold up--especially mechanically.

I have had to return a couple of watches recently from different suppliers because the movements stopped working within a few days.

My impression is the quality control in the rep factories is spotty, and the suppliers could use a guy like Mike McNair over here as a point man to fix any problems under warranty. Saves postage for the supplier and the buyer, plus return shipping losses which usually are not covered by the supplier.

Edited by pamelo

chum_2000_uk

My Asian copy from Timeshops lasted about 20 mins before it stopped working. Adjusted the time and date and that was the end of that! Had some other silly things wrong with it too, such as smudged paint on the '6' on the datewheel, and some nasty machine marks on the clasp.

I should really have returned it, but never got round to it.

radekglaz

How many cliks has the bezel? Is it unidirectional or bidirectional like in gen?

Del
How many cliks has the bezel? Is it unidirectional or bidirectional like in gen?

24 clicks, bidirectional. :D

(I'm wearing it today so just checked for you! :D)

radekglaz

24 clicks, bidirectional. :D

Thanks a lot Del.

I would like to buy it but with 21j asian movement and I don't know how it will work with GMT function.

Archaon
Del, can you please tell if this one has the aligned rehaut engraving or not?

Yes mate, it does. :D

I was really on the fence on buying this piece, as I really like the ceramic bezel, bigger dial and polished center links.

However, the Noobfactory GMT IIc has a very obvious tell, in that the GMT hand is at the bottom. For gen GMT IIcs, the GMT hand is above the hour hand.

Does anyone know of any other GMT IIc rep with the proer hand stack order?

+1 to greg.

This is a great watch and nobody will ever notice the incorrect hand stack except people like us! In fact, 99.9% of people won't even know what a hand stack is! :D

What is a hand stack? :-)

And what is the different with the gen?

Thanks for answearing a nooby question!

Archaon
Del, can you please tell if this one has the aligned rehaut engraving or not?

Yes mate, it does. :D

I was really on the fence on buying this piece, as I really like the ceramic bezel, bigger dial and polished center links.

However, the Noobfactory GMT IIc has a very obvious tell, in that the GMT hand is at the bottom. For gen GMT IIcs, the GMT hand is above the hour hand.

Does anyone know of any other GMT IIc rep with the proer hand stack order?

+1 to greg.

This is a great watch and nobody will ever notice the incorrect hand stack except people like us! In fact, 99.9% of people won't even know what a hand stack is! :D

What is a hand stack? :-)

And what is the different with the gen?

Thanks for answearing a nooby question!

I think i figued this one out by re-reading carefully

Del

24 clicks, bidirectional. :thumbsup2:

Thanks a lot Del.

I would like to buy it but with 21j asian movement and I don't know how it will work with GMT function.

The 21j will be fine and the GMT function will work correctly. Some actually prefer the 21j movement for the GMT function as Asian clone can be problematic due to the the extra gears required to work the GMT hand.

seclark007

All my GMT's are 21J, all work fine - I continue to brag that my GMT2 Pro-hunter from Lay is the most accurate piece I have. All have the incorect hand-stack. A thoughtful member has posted a fix and if you search the site here you should find that thread. I haven't had a coffee yet this morning, or I'd do the extra work for ya myself :thumbsup2:

S

radekglaz

Thanks guys.

I was looking for Submariner ceramic but one with 21J is out of stock actually. In this case I will buy GMT master I think.

deanjames

I just ordered one of these today, lets hope they are still ok

MJC

Why in the hell do I have a genuine in the box still that I wore home from Tourneau, and never again , when this one looks SO DAMN AMAZING!? I wouldn't mind beating this one up :/

pamelo
Why in the hell do I have a genuine in the box still that I wore home from Tourneau, and never again , when this one looks SO DAMN AMAZING!? I wouldn't mind beating this one up :/

The gen can fall into a bathtub filled with water. Not the rep.

Other than that, the swiss eta version is very close to the gen.

Edited by pamelo

Eiderdaus

the gmtIIc is a nice looking watch / rep but far away for looking gen in entire appearance. same with 116610 sub and DSSD. the latest ceramice models are just in the evolution of becoming very good reps, so far they are nice bling watches.

MJC

The gen can fall into a bathtub filled with water. Not the rep.

Other than that, the swiss eta version is very close to the gen.

Seems as if everyone is saying the deepsea and such are indeed waterproof out of the box, and then once they are pressure tested, good to go... I just had a genuine pvd panerai seize up on me from taking it into the pool (got it back after servicing) so they didn't seal it up properly :( So i'm scarred for life now, when it comes to wearing one of my gen's in the pool or ocean :/

the gmtIIc is a nice looking watch / rep but far away for looking gen in entire appearance. same with 116610 sub and DSSD. the latest ceramice models are just in the evolution of becoming very good reps, so far they are nice bling watches.

I guess to the trained eye, sure. I own the real deal, and still can't really really tell, few give away's but again very hard to tell without seeing them next to each other.

Was going to get a DSSD, but after seeing and buying BK's, I wouldn't ever put the money out for it now ! I went from being a rep hater and not understanding, to now, wow it kind of makes sense.. I wear them, beat around in them and not care or worry (sometimes morally I get a little down about it) but it's whatever... I am just way too anal and wind up not enjoying my nice high end stuff, whether it be car's, watches, shoes, etc :) rant off

MikeMcNair

My breitling black steel SA and my Rolex DSSD have been opened many times, and my tag aquaracer, and NONE leak at all in 10' of water (my pool) which is the deepest I'll ever go.

Just a heads up.

Martin:

You can afford it, so buy the reps and people will know you can afford it and you don't have to try and trick people to think it's real, you can say "I would have gotten the real one but I wanted to pay my property taxes AND get a new watch, so its a rep"

:(

Besides, the quality of reps has improved monumentally in the last 10 yrs. I have a 10 yr old 21j YM and honestly, it was VERY expensive, as much as a gen tag, and looks like a toy next to my 12 reps I have now.

So, why buy the gen? Oh yeah, to waste money!

As for this GMTII, I will be buying it for a customer, and I WILL inspect thE SHIT out of it from the "repairer's point of view", and I'll let everyone know what I THINK of it very soon!

King

I already have this watch, but I'll be interested in what you have to say, Mike.

databar

Looks great

Comex

I have the same watch, with the same movement.

To be honest, I wear my sub en DSSD more than this one.

It hasn't come out of the watchwinder for at least 6 months.

Nonetheless, great watch.

MJC
I have the same watch, with the same movement.

To be honest, I wear my sub en DSSD more than this one.

It hasn't come out of the watchwinder for at least 6 months.

Nonetheless, great watch.

Very strange but i'm the same way... I really have no desire to wear it, yet, when I take it out to look at it it is strikingly beautiful... Yet, I just put the DSSD on every time, or a PAnerai, or AP....

radekglaz

The GMT Master II ceramic I received 2 days ago from TS is waterproof!!! I moved out the movement and tried the case under the water.

Should be no problems with swimming or shallow diving.

MJC
The GMT Master II ceramic I received 2 days ago from TS is waterproof!!! I moved out the movement and tried the case under the water.

Wow very cool, which version do you have? From which dealer?

radekglaz

It's from TS (Timesshop). RWI promotion: $72 RO1174 with asian 21j movement.

MikeMcNair

Lol, Martin, TS is the abreviation for "timeshop" :lmao2: and the watch he has is well, the topic of discussion here.

Dam noob!

:dingleberry-nemesis:

MJC
It's from TS (Timesshop). RWI promotion: $72 RO1174 with asian 21j movement.

Wow thanks!

Lol, Martin, TS is the abreviation for "timeshop" :rofl: and the watch he has is well, the topic of discussion here.

Dam noob!

:lmao2:

LOLLLLLL you bastard, I am a noob, so be it ! :dingleberry-nemesis: