Sign in to follow this  
jcglobal

Help resetting crono hands

jcglobal

Hi, I am new. I did a search but didn't find instruction on this subject. I have an omega rep, planet ocean quantum of solace. The small dials at 3 oclock and 9 oclock need to be reset. I pull the crown out all the way and depress the button at 2 oclock and can reset the sweep second hand just fine. I can't figure out how to reset the other dials, if indeed they actually can be reset. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jcglobal

Ska

You shouldn't have to pull out the crown to use the chrono pushers.

My 1st advice would be start the chrono by pushing the button at 2 then let the chrono run for a few minutes before pushing the button at 2 again to stop the chrono.

Once it's stopped push the button at 4 to reset the chrono completely.

Let me know how this pans out for you.

Brightlight
Hi, I am new. I did a search but didn't find instruction on this subject. I have an omega rep, planet ocean quantum of solace. The small dials at 3 oclock and 9 oclock need to be reset. I pull the crown out all the way and depress the button at 2 oclock and can reset the sweep second hand just fine. I can't figure out how to reset the other dials, if indeed they actually can be reset. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jcglobal

What movement is it? Sounds like it is a faux chrono in which case you won't be able to reset the dials.

jcglobal

Jcglobal

What movement is it? Sounds like it is a faux chrono in which case you won't be able to reset the dials.

It is a quartz movement. The hours dial at the 6 o'clock position is actually the small running seconds. I think running seconds in the original is the dial at the 9 oclock position. I was encouraged when I determined how to calibrate the large sweep seconds hand and figured the sub dials might also recalibrate, but no combination of pushing and holding the pushers in various crown positions will move the subdial hands. However the subdial hands do move and accumulate when I turn on the chrono function. They just won't go back to pointing "north" when I stop the chrono and hit the reset.

In every other respect the watch is a gem and I wear it all the time.

Ska

Hmm. Who did you buybthe watch from?

KBH

Here's a couple to try.

Citizens:

http://www.keepthetime.com/blog/tag/how-to...-a-chronograph/

Movado:

Resetting the counters

The counters must be zeroed before starting timing. If necessary, proceed as follows:

• Zero the 30 minutes (or 12 hours) counter hand:

- Gents G10: crown in position III, pusher A

- Ladies G15: crown in position II, pusher B

• Zero the 60 seconds counter hand:

- Gents G10: crown in position II, pusher B

- Ladies G15: crown in position III, pusher A

• Zero the 1/10th of a second counter hand:

- Gents G10: crown in position II, pusher A

- Dames G15: crown in position III, pusher B