Sign in to follow this  
02CBUCK

What watch is this? (John Mayer content...)

02CBUCK

Hey guys,

Hope this is the right section for this...please move/delete as appropriate if not :-)

I know he's a bit of a polarizing character, but his music aside, the dude's got an incredible watch collection. So, can anyone tell me what watch John Mayer is wearing in the following pictures? I'm after something of a similar colour scheme/design/size/price range (ha! I wish...) and wanted to have an idea of where to start :-)

Cheers,

Chris

mgid_uma_content_mtvcom_1714759_zpscc9099ca.jpg

RUSH2112

I can't tell but you should do a search on here. I remember one thread where he had a bunch of his watches and was being interviewed and then there is the drama between him and rolex on whether or not a watch he had was gen or not.

RichardMiami

Here ya go:

a superb 9 minute video.. enjoy! :D

_DC_

The way the sub dials are positioned just bellow the centre line of the dial, and given that I know he's a Patek fan, I'd say it's a Patek 5170

1ECEBE4E-3E73-4A33-A8EB-0871BAE087D0_zpsbnixoawy.jpg

I know he owns (or owned) a 2499 but the subdials are in the wrong place and the moonphase would be easily visible, see bellow...

92A46496-B902-4FE9-AE74-CB3EB42A47A4_zpsxahmoiqr.jpg

DC

02CBUCK

Thank you for all the help guys. I've seen the video above before, but the only Patek mentioned that looked vaguely similar to me was the 5970, and much like DC said about the 2499, the lack of a moonphase rules it out. I think you may well be right about it being the 5170 though. Thank you for the help :-)