Sign in to follow this  
WebWind

Panerai boutique in Florence

WebWind

In the 1900 the first Panerai watchmaker's shop moves from Ponte alle Grazie to the Piazza San Giovanni site in Florence.

Historical photo of the shop

1052225621980_00_sto_01.jpg

This shop is still there. Photos were taken in the Friday morning (27-08-2010). I know that shop (or now boutique) was in reconstruction, but things became more interesting when I was photographing. After first photo lady in violet blouse (please pay attention on her watches on the next pic) came to me from side and questioned me why I am photographing when they are in reconstruction. Maybe she was boos of this shop because she was very well informed about Panerai and details when will be shop reopened (this week).

I asked her if I could take some pictures inside, and answer was ........ "no". ;)

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

After she talked to two workers (???) they lowered the shutter and hide Officine Panerai sign.

IMG_6165.jpg

... and that is all :D

greg_r

Interesting to see... thanks, WebWind! ;)

Silverspeed

Was in Florence few years ago and couldn't find it...

I got the PAM229 instead

IMG_3319kopie.jpg

WebWind
Was in Florence few years ago and couldn't find it...

I got the PAM229 instead

It is very easy to find. It is in if front of the Baptistery of San Giovanni on that stands in both the Piazza del Duomo and the Piazza di San Giovanni, across from the Duomo cathedral and the Giotto bell tower (Campanile di Giotto).

Ska

Is that a real 229?

dingle
Is that a real 229?

no. it is a figment of your imagination

:irish_dance:

speedzmaster
I asked her if I could take some pictures inside, and answer was ........ "no". :irish_dance:

She probably thought you were taking photos for a future heist, aka Italian Job!

WebWind
I asked her if I could take some pictures inside, and answer was ........ "no". :irish_dance:

She probably thought you were taking photos for a future heist, aka Italian Job!

That steel shutter in front of show window seems bombproof.

GC
I asked her if I could take some pictures inside, and answer was ........ "no". :(

That steel shutter in front of show window seems bombproof.

Never go through, when all you have to do is lift up... anyway I didn't say that :Whistle:

WebWind
Never go through, when all you have to do is lift up... anyway I didn't say that :Whistle:

:(