Sign in to follow this  
Derek Mc

My incoming CrPO (BP) Trusty Time

prtscn

Well, perhaps it's time to do a review with regards to the updated BP variant of the Crpo against Noob's? But it's gona be tough having both at the same time..

Derek Mc

How much was this from Andrew? I might order one

Mine was $268

Walesy

Nice mate, I have a Noob version on the way to me now, I went for black bezel and orange numbers.

Derek Mc

Nice mate, I have a Noob version on the way to me now, I went for black bezel and orange numbers.

I went BP as I wanted a glass-back, in hindsight I should never have sold it and am now planning another but LM and 45.5mm balck with chrome, I am between Noob and CrPO Miyota on this

Walesy

I went BP as I wanted a glass-back, in hindsight I should never have sold it and am now planning another but LM and 45.5mm balck with chrome, I am between Noob and CrPO Miyota on this

The Noob has the glass back mate, I was going to go for the KW Miyota movement model as it was $100 cheaper but so many comments on the movements stuttering issues I just went for the Noob, cause if I did notice the stutter..it would annoy me.

ImNotFatImFluffy

Is the new BP's bezel color similar to the gen?

Yes, it is flawlessly close to gen

Thanks for the reply bud.

So the only significant difference between BP and noob now would merely be the AR and bezel color am i right?

AR colour, plus the DW print is built up slightly more on Noob (think thicker silver ink) where it is white on BP bezel colour is really the same on ceramic, can't comment on liquid metal however,,

Omega engraving on clasp is slightly heavier on the Noob bu movement detail is better on BP (unles you go Miota then all bet's are off,,,,,:)

movement detail better on BP? i thought both were way off aside from the rotor, not to mention NOOB doesn't have adjuste dto fiye and also has some nice pearlage, so idk how BP detailing is better. ive got a NOOB pumpkin 45mm coming when Kenny finishes reluming it (should be done, reassembled and coming my way soon)

snaaakeey

The markings on this bp bezel look texturised ( bit like fine sand in paint?)

Derek Mc

Ceramic's do have that appearance Liquidmetal on the otherhand is glassy glossy ;)

snaaakeey

Not according to my gen crpo bezel.

aacc976cb20ec85575f524bdb1b23c67.jpg

This is my noob 45mm.

People talk about noob bezel being too shiny. Look how shiny the gen looks in my pic. Problem is people are trying to gauge the colour of this bezel sayin noob is too shiny and bp if flatter Matt but this is mostly because of the crappy ipad/ camera phones. The only way to judge accurately is use same camera under same lighting. I have all 3 bezels now and unless your massively anal ( yes I am lol) and have all 3 next to each other it's not worth worrying about. The gen is better in every way. Sharp,smooth, perfect, but only noticeable under magnification. I don't think anyone could call out either rep bezel from a few feet away. The blue AR on the other hand is another story. I'm surprised BP haven't sorted this out yet.

Derek Mc

I agree on the AR on the BP it really needs addressing and the latest Master co-axial is on the money, I think we are at cross purposes in describing the bezel I am referring to the liquidmetal being sheer and slick the ceramic has a more textured look even though it itself is actually very smooth and flat

Simms

It's hard to go wrong with either version of the CRPO

snaaakeey

Check out jonnybaws Post pic (post 13). If you zoom in a bit on the markings (20,30,40,50 etc) you can see the textured fine sandy finish to the paint. That's what I was referring to.

I hope we can get a rep PO with an AT maker like decorated movement ( but not myiota) better date window and black balance wheel)

Edited by snaaakeey

maximusrg

Hi all

I am new to this but I am also considering this watch.... two options from the TD here:

http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=930

http://www.trusty-watch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=10438

TB says its from Noob but with TT it does not say if Noob or BP.

any suggestions?

I have a watch problem

Nice! This is def on my immediate to buy list. Congrats, wear it well :)