Sign in to follow this  
plankton

AP ROO seconds at 12 Some of our experts share knowledge

plankton

I'd like to explore what we know about reliability, AR sources and what happens when things go wrong.

Here are 3 current examples of the AR and movement work don by Vac.

They are runiing perfect now but what to do when things go south.

005_zps7f9da96b.jpg

Odyseus

I was always under the impression that sec@12 is quite reliable (any failures seem to be the brake on the hour@6 chrono subdial)

sardonix

When you have this inside no jewel will help :)

LSDELFS.jpg

plankton

LSDELFS.jpg

missing teeth, I thought you had found the weak link in the gear.

Chavezzito

LSDELFS.jpg

please explain

Missing teeth.

plankton

So we have Vac, Domi.

Anyone else?

sardonix

I had one not building up power reserve on the wrist, i contacted Domi but no reply.

Then i contacted another EU watch smith recommended to me.

I shipped it for a full service (think in EU only Domi does jewel mod) after the service still a problem the broken teeth, but they solved it.

They ordered a new part for me.

They took great care of me, very good customer support even shipped the watch back before i paid the bill :)

And €90 for a full service of a 7750 movement is a very good price.

They did not charge me for the extra work and parts when the watch was not 100% after they serviced it.

t3RFPHA.jpg

powderfreak

I had one not building up power reserve on the wrist, i contacted Domi but no reply.

Then i contacted another EU watch smith recommended to me.

I shipped it for a full service (think in EU only Domi does jewel mod) after the service still a problem the broken teeth, but they solved it.

They ordered a new part for me.

They took great care of me, very good customer support even shipped the watch back before i paid the bill :)

And €90 for a full service of a 7750 movement is a very good price.

They did not charge me for the extra work and parts when the watch was not 100% after they serviced it.

t3RFPHA.jpg

That sounds very good - so much so that I'd consider a ROO in the future... hmmm. :)

SSTEEL

I was always under the impression that sec@12 is quite reliable (any failures seem to be the brake on the hour@6 chrono subdial)

That's my understanding too. The three sec@12 watches I have had in for repair, all needed the hour brake repair.

sardonix

I think that 10% of ROO wil have problems sooner or later.

I had 2 now recently which stopped building up power reserve on the wrist.

This watch maker does a full service and repair of parts if needed.

Popularity of AP 7750 is increasing last year, i am afraid the factories put in every movement they can to fulfill the needs.

Members stand in line to pay $600 for a 7750 AP :)

The 2 with problems from me where the most recent purchased.

kennycoder

Can he do a jewel mod on 7750 with seconds @6? It's for my 3714 (still running but don't know for how long)

zinnboy

Wow. Any ideas on pricing?

sardonix

I do not know what they all do, but they have experience with reps.

The man recommended them to me said they do also work for toro and sead, i did not check that.

To contact them:

[email protected]

They are located in Spain.

sardonix

When the service of mine took longer because of broken part they also sent a usb stick with hundreds of pictures what they have done.

Here a few :)

ta4PenI.jpg

bAAMaMH.jpg

EP7J0Gh.jpg

9inOIrZ.jpg

9KQIkJi.jpg

a7TNTKP.jpg

plankton

Really great information. Thanks for participating in the post.

calvincew

Hi guys, I ordered an ROO from Andew and was wondering whether the ROO secs @12 really have that many problems... I'm still waiting for my watch to arrive tho

How much would I need to set aside for the service and mods? Thanks for your info guys..

sardonix
Hi guys, I ordered an ROO from Andew and was wondering whether the ROO secs @12 really have that many problems... I'm still waiting for my watch to arrive tho

How much would I need to set aside for the service and mods? Thanks for your info guys..

From my experience the last years i had 8 ROO's wear them say once a month a few days each.

Two of them needed service, not working as it should anymore.

I do not know the prices of the different watch makers, but at minimum $150 for a full service and going up.

So in my case 25% failed, a sad fact and a reason to step away from the ROO.

It is not only a watch but in my case a better strap, AR jobs, so easy close to 1K reps each of them.

calvincew

From my experience the last years i had 8 ROO's wear them say once a month a few days each.

Two of them needed service, not working as it should anymore.

I do not know the prices of the different watch makers, but at minimum $150 for a full service and going up.

So in my case 25% failed, a sad fact and a reason to step away from the ROO.

It is not only a watch but in my case a better strap, AR jobs, so easy close to 1K reps each of them.

Darn.. I've pulled the trigger on it. Hope nothing's wrong with the ROO I ordered. Hahaha. $150 for movt service only? And around that much for the straps and AR?

Where did u get ur straps sardonix? Do they come with the deployants?

sardonix

AR around $150 not always needed :) in my opinion the darker dials have a milky glare on the crystal they need it.

A Safari creme dial looks very crisp as it is with the stock crystal.

Straps different makers and qualities price range lets say $200 to $400

That is strap only no clasp included.

calvincew
AR around $150 not always needed :) in my opinion the darker dials have a milky glare on the crystal they need it. A Safari creme dial looks very crisp as it is with the stock crystal. Straps different makers and qualities price range lets say $200 to $400 That is strap only no clasp included.

Wow, never knew that getting those mods could mean another rep...

That's quite a lot for the strap.. Do you have any experience with the straps that Andrew provides in his site? Thanks a lot for your help

Iz3fuy

Thank you Sardonix, very useful informations.

sardonix

That's quite a lot for the strap.. Do you have any experience with the straps that Andrew provides in his site? Thanks a lot for your help

I am talking here about the models with replica leather hornback straps stock from factory, they are the same at all dealers because it is stock :)

They are cheap looking pieces compared to the better hornbacks from strapmakers.

Just like a very nice car on very low budget wheel rims.......that also makes a lot of difference in total look :)

But also on M2M members are offering nice straps, that is also a option to get a better hornback strap.

calvincew
I am talking here about the models with replica leather hornback straps stock from factory, they are the same at all dealers because it is stock :) They are cheap looking pieces compared to the better hornbacks from strapmakers. Just like a very nice car on very low budget wheel rims.......that also makes a lot of difference in total look :) But also on M2M members are offering nice straps, that is also a option to get a better hornback strap.

I see, will do some more research into this matter :D wouldn't want that budget wheel rims on an ROO :P hahaha

Thanks a lot for your info mate

plankton

Yes I agree if your going to the trouble to spend 5-8 hundred on mods the strap will have to be replaced. I have found good straps for 2-3 hun and at that point they are really worth it! Post 1000 by the way.

sardonix

Got question if this watchmaker also do AR, i asked them:

In the field of antireflection glass we do not work (yet) but we are studying the possibility of acquiring machinery to do it or find someone who could provide this service with the quality and professionalism that we demand.

We are at your service and at the service of people who you want to give our data to perform jobs that are necessary to leave them running or servicing need on their watches.

Hoping that all this about what inform you can assist you in, we said goodbye to you by sending you a very friendly greeting on the part of the two, Manolo and Ruben, from Alcalá de Henares.

http://replicantres.com