Sign in to follow this  
rda1

Daytona rep has stopped

rda1

Hi all i have a replica of one of these with an auto movement and its stopped, i can still hear it spinning but it sounds very much like a metal on metal sound which it didnt before whats my best option?

http://www.armourwinston.co.uk/Rolex-daytona-6263.html

Sorry for my lack of technical prowess!

Edited by rda1

Brightlight
Hi all i have a replica of one of these with an auto movement and its stopped, i can still hear it spinning but it sounds very much like a metal on metal sound which it didnt before whats my best option?

Ah, new information rda1, you should have mentioned the metal sound when you PMd me. It sounds like the rotor has come loose. Quick fix. Either you can do it yourself (I'll tell you how) if you can get the back off, or you can send it to me if you like.

rda1

Ah, new information rda1, you should have mentioned the metal sound when you PMd me. It sounds like the rotor has come loose. Quick fix. Either you can do it yourself (I'll tell you how) if you can get the back off, or you can send it to me if you like.

Well i dont mind having a go !

Brightlight

If you can get the back off (you can use a ball of duck tape) you will probably see something like this -

MarkHarris_Tag7750_a.jpg

Turn the movement upside down, the screw and probably the rotor will fall out. Put the rotor back and the screw in the hole in the middle and tighten with a jeweller's screwdriver of the correct size to fit the screw. If this is not what you find, take a close up pic and post it.

rda1
If you can get the back off (you can use a ball of duck tape) you will probably see something like this -

MarkHarris_Tag7750_a.jpg

Turn the movement upside down, the screw and probably the rotor will fall out. Put the rotor back and the screw in the hole in the middle and tighten with a jeweller's screwdriver of the correct size to fit the screw. If this is not what you find, take a close up pic and post it.

Right i need to get the back off now am i turning clockwise?

Brightlight

MarkHarris_Tag7750_a.jpg

Unscrew anti clockwise, like taking the lid off a jar

rda1

MarkHarris_Tag7750_a.jpg

I think ill get some gaffer tape!

rda1

MarkHarris_Tag7750_a.jpg

The strangest thing..managed to take the back off (rubber ball method) the screw was in place. Wound the mech round and pushed the top chrono button back in something below that clicked in shook the movement and hey presto i now have a running watch!

Watch back on wrist smile back on face

Thanks for your help!

Brightlight

MarkHarris_Tag7750_a.jpg

The strangest thing..managed to take the back off (rubber ball method) the screw was in place. Wound the mech round and pushed the top chrono button back in something below that clicked in shook the movement and hey presto i now have a running watch!

Watch back on wrist smile back on face

Thanks for your help!

The watch gods were on your side! Good news :)