Sign in to follow this  
Chairman7w

Omega Dark Side of the Moon

Chairman7w

A little over a year ago, I saw an ad in a magazine for an Omega Moonie, that was black! The ad said, "Dark Side of the Moon" and I just stared at it. It was beautiful. I remember saying then (and even posting), if I ever come across this as a rep, I would buy one!

As fate would have it, I recently stumbled across an opportunity (through RWG membership) for an Omega Dark Side of the Moon watch.

While I believe it's not a "Trusted Dealer", I was assured through other members this particular dealer was great to deal with.

I took our membership here in good faith, and I'm thrilled I did!

I don't know enough about horology or movements to review it in detail, but I will say that I love it. It's got a great strap, great buckle, great, sharp, fine lines and seems to keep perfect time. I have nothing negative to say.

Not sure of the rules, so I won't post any link, but feel free to PM me, and I'll PM you back the contact info. (Mods, please let me know if that's against any rules, I will cease and desist).

Behold:

OmegaDarkSideoftheMoon-2.jpg

OmegaDarkSideoftheMoon.jpg

OmegaDarkSideoftheMoon-4.jpg

gmchris

I would kill for one of these if they were 42MM, but with my puny wrists they're just a bit big

Might start doing weights....

Chairman7w

Yeah, I got skinny wrists, too (6-1/2" wrist crew, checking in), but I just don't give a f&^k. Just gotta own it, roll with it, put it out there.

Fu&k 'em if they can't deal with a skinny wrist! LOL

upv

One word: gorgeous!

profsteve

Just received mine from Fat Panda and although it is quartz and although it has the wrong 3 sub -dial, it is still cool. When a better one with good mvmt and dial fixed I'll be all over it. It's that blasted ad Omega has on the web that got me hooked. When I am in a contemplative mood that is the URL I see on my monitor. tick tock.

plankton

I want one

WAFU Man

PM sent

RUSH2112

Is it a TD on another site? Our TDs here have access. Reg has 2 different styles in stock as we speak and the pvd version is on the way to me now!

Left Coast Guy

Is that an auto or a quartz?

RUSH2112

As far as I know the only current reps available are quartz. There are no running seconds subdials so the movement isn't the biggest tell. That is the 3:00 subdial which were all printed incorrectly.

dbohrlee

Is it a TD on another site? Our TDs here have access. Reg has 2 different styles in stock as we speak and the pvd version is on the way to me now!

Anyone know where I can find these?

Fat Panda

Chariman7W got his watch from us.

- FP

awmlewis

This is a beautiful looking watch! Might have to do what one of the other members did and black out the bezel though!

rontej0226

Maybe they'll use the knowledge of building this watch to build a super rep Speedmaster Professional. This watch does look awesome though.

Chairman7w

This is a beautiful looking watch! Might have to do what one of the other members did and black out the bezel though!

Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis?

Darbinator

Yeah, I got skinny wrists, too (6-1/2" wrist crew, checking in), but I just don't give a f&^k. Just gotta own it, roll with it, put it out there.

Fu&k 'em if they can't deal with a skinny wrist! LOL

Skinny wrist here too (bang on 6-1/2"). Almost tempted cause boy thats one stunning rep.

Cheers

awmlewis

One of the members posted a thread with this watch a couple of days ago where he'd colored in the white markers on the bezel with a black marker