Sign in to follow this  
toomanywatches

New 6152 Build - Progress So Far

toomanywatches

Since my 6152/1 is done... time to move onto my next project 6152 with Molnija 3602. This low cost build has the following components I have settled on so far:

Reshaped Silix 6154 case

Okabum K25

Molnija 3602 (with short CP from 3601)

NW Solid Caseback (to be ordered when G gets back)

Springbars

Here are some pictures of results of case reshaping... had to compromise with goal of achieving 1:1 case profile from lack of thickness of steel on case wall. Results are acceptable?? Caseback I am using is the stock seethrough with the "solid" caseback cover/cap glued to it. Comments and suggestions are much appreciated

Still haven't decided on dial, I am leaning towards a Rust colored/vintage RP dial from Southy... suggestions for dial choice??

DSC_0134-1.jpg

DSC_0135-1.jpg

DSC_0125-1.jpg

DSC_0126-1.jpg

DSC_0137-1.jpg

DSC_0128-1.jpg

DSC_0130-1.jpg

DSC_0132-1.jpg

DSC_0133-1.jpg

gB.

I don't know, but the vintage Rolex dial from the Rolerai looks pretty darn sweet, IMHO!

Here's my pics: link here

greg_r

G is producing some pretty damn sweet dials lately - you might want to have a chat with him about it :D

ebzen02

Has anybody heard of Southy here.. Greg.. This guys is ripping these beautiful dials.. You might want to take a look..Sample Southy Dials.

Toomanywatches.. I know you :thumbsup2:

toomanywatches

Have a DSN Rolex 6154 dial....saving for my "pain in the ass" 6154 build. In the process of figuring out how to thin out the case and give the correct beveled case profile. Looking into getting an actual 1:1 6154 case made.

Settled on Vintage brown Southy RP dial... Going to hit up NW/G for MM 8GB dial for my 52mm Egi build... Thanks for the input guys.

Ebzen I know you too... toomanywatches/daevildog

scope

Good to see you hear Daevildog! ;)

ebzen02
Have a DSN Rolex 6154 dial....saving for my "pain in the ass" 6154 build. In the process of figuring out how to thin out the case and give the correct beveled case profile. Looking into getting an actual 1:1 6154 case made.

Settled on Vintage brown Southy RP dial... Going to hit up NW/G for MM 8GB dial for my 52mm Egi build... Thanks for the input guys.

Ebzen I know you too... toomanywatches/daevildog

Are you going to call on the VDB squad!! They nailed the shape! Those watches he just recently made are just beyond words. I am thinking of thinning the crap out of the Silix case, see what comes out. This 6152 came out lovely!!