Sign in to follow this  
northantsrich

Best AP?

northantsrich

OK so I have an AP FC ROO and I am amazed by how close it is to the gen. I have had an AP Diver V3.5 and now a V6, overall I am not blown away with the quality in comparison to the gen. On both they have issues with the lume or bezel lume numbers that a a massive tell.

Anyway I thought I would post to see if you guys with more experiance would like to share which AP reps are the absolute super reps of the AP world.

I am looking forward to your thoughts.

N.Rico

close to GEN any ,close all of them ,take it as you wants ,all AP REP are awesome , just pick the model you really like ,look for the AP pictures and pull the trigger . :gunbandana:

northantsrich

close to GEN any ,close all of them ,take it as you wants ,all AP REP are awesome , just pick the model you really like ,look for the AP pictures and pull the trigger . :gunbandana:

The AP Diver v6 has sloppy bezel numbers (on my one at least). Having said that a lot of the APs are getting good reviews.

N.Rico

The AP Diver v6 has sloppy bezel numbers (on my one at least). Having said that a lot of the APs are getting good reviews.

i arrive here as a Pam lover , i still a Pam lover but i have become an AP fan , now i have bougth 5 AP and i think that my next one will be another AP , i like them all !

calvincew

Agrees with this :) just choose the models we want hahahah APs are awesome :P

TheSav

For me the diver is the best. I have a 3.5 with great lume. The only downside is the blueish tinge to the date window but I can live with that. The 15400 is great too IMO. Honestly, any AP rep will have tells that anyone with knowledge will pick up on. But who fucking cares? They look great. As for the crappy lume on yours that isn't so much a tell as it is shoddy workmanship. That's something I wouldn't live with.

James.

Diver is the one AP closest to Gen.

ROOs have some obvious tells

RO with see through CBs have some obvious tells.

Diver still has one obvious tell, high beat movement. But unless you're a wanker who's trying to pull the wool over people who know what's what, no one else will care if you're wearing a rep.

tonyl

DIVER ALL THE WAY

plankton

The issue is the SS bezel will scratch so easy where the ceramic seems to wear a lot better. Personally I like the 44mm look better and it is closer to being accurate. IMO

Daywatch

The AP Diver V5.1 or V6 compared to gen is more accurate imo than the Noob V3, Noob V4 anyway compared to the 116610 submariner.

If a regular gen owner is not wearing his, he will have some difficulties or doubts if it isn´t just one from another batch or year.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Best rep overall.... inherent issues all secs @12 have, aside.....

Bumble Bee is number 1 best AP super rep out of the box, out there....great lume... FC... AR ,dial ...and awesome rep strap as well, to boot..

Closed case back as well... so avoiding the open issue as well...

plankton

Best rep overall.... inherent issues all secs @12 have, aside.....

Bumble Bee is number 1 best AP super rep out of the box, out there....great lume... FC... AR ,dial ...and awesome rep strap as well, to boot..

Closed case back as well... so avoiding the open issue as well...

With mods I say the 44mm Panda and especially the Blue face.

Jomana12345

I think it doesn't look good

BentleySharp

I think you don't look good.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

such an informative and articulate observation....

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

I've been after a good AP rep, and reading this thread helped me pull the trigger... So Andrew (TrustyTime) has my order... Now the wait begins!

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I've been after a good AP rep, and reading this thread helped me pull the trigger... So Andrew (TrustyTime) has my order... Now the wait begins!

Which one are you going for... I assume Hfac FC diver if it's Andrew...

ilkay5094

Best ap is black themes hands down. Ask toro

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Best ap is black themes hands down. Ask toro

ilkay... How about you make your own observations....

Having said that BT is up there... my SIHH BT , Safari and Seb B being delivered in the morning....

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

I'm actually going for the RO 15400.

Ishmael

Umm... duh:

55215A4C-175A-4160-8985-9C51FA337517_zpsviz796vd.jpg

Thread over. :D

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

I'm actually going for the RO 15400.

Beautiful choice... you will never go wrong with that..

I'm just too big for RO's ....or i'd have one...

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

Umm... duh:

55215A4C-175A-4160-8985-9C51FA337517_zpsviz796vd.jpg

Thread over. :D

Agreed /// another very worthy contender

watchlvr91

My Diver V5.1 has now become the watch that I wear the most. That's my vote for you