Sign in to follow this  
Lefty83g

Has anyone else had a drastic change of heart about Panerai

Il_Paneristi

Uh oh....I'm a little outgunned around here.

J!m

Never cared for them, but may go for a 3646 just because I seem to like rare, obsolete, outdated watches. I do wish it had a seconds hand however...

Lefty83g

IM DROOLING OVER THAT GRIFFEY STRAP WHO DID THAT FOR YOU PLEASEEEE TELL ME

Which one? :D Griff is my favorite modern era player. I played baseball myself for 28 years.

The 127 homage and the 52mm EGI both have Griffey straps on them. I got them both from a guy in Los Angeles named Johnny Torrez. http://www.johnnystraps.com/

52mm EGI:

PA030028_zps444f9f7e.jpg

PA030027_zps396c3d46.jpg

Actually have a pig buckle on this now:

PA030033_zps8e86a60c.jpg

And the PAM 127 Homage:

20140124_201946_zpsc9f7549d.jpg

IMG_2005_zpsbcac91f5.jpg

This one had the pig buckle installed already at photo time:

20140127_143851_zpsb4661f88.jpg

ive been talking to jonny and now im trying to figure out which baseball glove and scotty cameron headcover im going to ship him to use ....damn you lol

Dango1960

Johnny's the best. I'm a huge baseball fan. Found two gloves on eBay, a 1930's horsehide Earl Averill and a 1950´s Al Rosen, both for $30, and sent em to Johnny. He checked em out and made me a couple of the coolest watch straps you could ever imagine. The leathers are beautifully aged, have a wonderful patina and have just enough glove markings to give a hint of what they're really all about. Really. I haven't seen better leather on a watch strap anywhere. Johnny does beautiful work.

gB.
Johnny's the best. I'm a huge baseball fan. Found two gloves on eBay, a 1930's horsehide Earl Averill and a 1950´s Al Rosen, both for $30, and sent em to Johnny. He checked em out and made me a couple of the coolest watch straps you could ever imagine. The leathers are beautifully aged, have a wonderful patina and have just enough glove markings to give a hint of what they're really all about. Really. I haven't seen better leather on a watch strap anywhere. Johnny does beautiful work.

Pics or it never happened.

;)

marper

Never heard of Pam until I came here. I was wanting a Tag or Omega rep but fell in love with the simple non pretentious design of the Pam ' and now I have 3 reps all Pams!

bgreg

Like many others I had never heard of Panerai before I got into reps. Took me a few months to even consider them, but you read so much about how well made they are on these forums your interest gens peeked. Got a 076 on a xmas special but it was just ok....then I got the 372 and I thought it was too big for my 7" wrist. But it was gorgeous, it just popped when I wore it, and I was hooked. Got a 026, and a 092, then a 111 and a 390 also a 114 and a 243. It is a very subtle, under stated watch, but they are excellent reps. I havent bought one on a while, sold half of what I had waiting for a good m2m on the 127 or 372 super clone.

Added some pics

IMAG0917_zpsfd204351.jpg

IMAG1236_zpsfcy1vvlm.jpg

IMAG1157_zpsjppjmldz.jpg

IMAG1080_zpsiuctwwg4.jpg

IMAG1639_zpsisigkzxm.jpg

latimorejr

Wow...that's a beautiful watch

Kwt

I didn't like Panerai's then I got into them and had a couple of reps and now I got off them again. I think their designs are boring and the 44mm size doesn't work for me. Their dials are boring as well.....all this is controversial I know!

ag69

I picked up a Pam 196 with an a7753 movement from M2M. I didn't realize what a beautiful watch they were until I received it and had it in my hand. Pictures really don't really provide the actual beauty of these watches.

Jaymelia
honestly, i used to think PAM's were ugly and thought i would never wear one.... but after being here for a few months, they have started to grow on me. I bought my first PAM the other month and love it! They really are one of the top rep watches you can buy now!

I have the same opinion about AP watches... just dont really like the look of them, but they are starting to grow on me now... thinking of buying my first one here soon lol.

I hate this hobby.... its expensive as fuck!

Same

Ive been frequenting the forum for a few months now... Beforehand i barely knew what Panerai's were....

Bough my first on on m2m (388 from ShadyManc) which arrived on Monday, its not been off my wrist since!

I can see me heading down the same rabbit hole as a lot of you...

But the next in line for me is a black dialled AP 15400 (probably from toro)

Edited by Jaymelia

Pseudonym
honestly, i used to think PAM's were ugly and thought i would never wear one.... but after being here for a few months, they have started to grow on me. I bought my first PAM the other month and love it! They really are one of the top rep watches you can buy now!

I have the same opinion about AP watches... just dont really like the look of them, but they are starting to grow on me now... thinking of buying my first one here soon lol.

But the next in line for me is a black dialled AP 15400 with a black dial (probably from toro)

Bet it's not... :P

Jaymelia

But the next in line for me is a black dialled AP 15400 with a black dial (probably from toro)

Bet it's not... :P

Yer you're probably right Pseudo.... Shit

Pseudonym

It's inevitable Jay...

In my best god father style I say "welcome to the PAMily..."

Lefty83g
It's inevitable Jay...

In my best god father style I say "welcome to the PAMily..."

The Pam has made him an offer he can't refuse

ccrsvo

I was never much of a watch wearer until I found this forum. I thought Tags were the best...lol, guess that's what you get for living in the middle of nowhere. My first watch from the forum was of course a Tag, but then I got a PAM253I and an AP ROO 3.5. I love the 253 and the AP, but the AP will have to go to get the 346. I read what everyone thought of the AP and don't get me wrong, it's a really nice watch, but just doesn't feel right on me. So for now 3 watches keep me happy, Tag, being a quartz model for work, 253 for sport and 346 for those special nights out.

AP_zpsb4d5ff88.jpg

TAG1_zps80f78a3a.jpg

PAM3_zpsbf2b20cc.jpg

awmlewis

IMAG1236_zpsfcy1vvlm.jpg

Which watch is this and how much did you get it for?! I have been looking for an all black watch and feel like my other pam needs a mate ;)

hauspro

started here just to get the moonwatch then I was going to be done... Now I have 3 on the way, a full watch box, and the Pam I originally thought was so boring is looking better and better as lucky number 13....uhoh....

northantsrich

Let's face it we loves Pam's as they are super reps!!!!

TK01

I keep reading and seems to get same story fr a lot of people they say in pictures it's one thing but when you get the watch you realize how amazing it is beautiful craftsmanship no wonder they sell for thousands as gen !

N.Rico

Not sure what this one is havent read much one Pam's but I know I want it with same rubber bracelet !!!

C0F79C46-1782-43B7-BFBF-9DF14E4A80EA.jpg

This one is mine ! , i arrived here as a pam lover ,i have bougth here 3 pam REP ,but i have turned in AP lover .

TK01
98AF2FA7-D5C7-43D0-900A-96D28F92C64A.jpg

TK01

When I first got here I picked this one >>C0F79C46-1782-43B7-BFBF-9DF14E4A80EA.jpg

TK01

I found this picture and I was like wow I also want it with rubber strap

Robin195959

No. I've never really seen the attraction and still don't.