Sign in to follow this  
synax

Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver

synax

Hi guys,

After my first rep purchase (Rolex DateJust) I decided to go for something a little different. I found The UN Maxi Marine Diver on Marys website and fell in love.

Link to watch on Mary's site: www.watch-international.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_135&products_id=3158

I decided to order another watch along side the UN and i went with the Omega Railmaster XXL which i will post up separately.

The watches arrived in just over a week, no problems with customs what so ever :-)

My first rep experience was ok but I was not entirely pleased with the watch, I know it's a rep but I thought the fit and finish would have been better, but I put it down to me expecting too much for the price. When I received the UN I was blown away, it seemed so perfect and finished. The size, the weight, everything seemed spot on. Now I know a bit more about Rolex's so maybe I am just not able to pick out the flaws as much with the UN.

Wearing this watch I do feel as if I am wearing the real thing, it’s just amazing! The Rolex looked the part but just didn’t feel it.

The strap confused the hell out of me, I wasn’t sure how to adjust it, so I got the knife out and cut the rubber lugs down. Although I did get slightly carried away on one side which is winding me up slightly. It’s not noticeable at all but it bugs me so I am looking for a new strap but I’m not sure where to get one. May I just say the strap smells divine, I want to chew on it lol.

I've only had the watch for 2 days but I am in love, I normally pick a watch to match my outfit but this morning I reached straight for the UN even though I knew deep down it didn't quite go with my attire ;-)

Thanks for reading guys, I know posts without pictures are pretty boring but I just wanted to get it all off my chest. I will try and post some decent pictures when I get home from work.

Thanks

Synax

WebWind
:)

KeNnY

ThisThreadIsWorthless1.jpg

But nice to hear :) please I want also chew some gum :D

synax

My picture skills are not that great but i promise to upload some when i'm home!

KeNnY
My picture skills are not that great but i promise to upload some when i'm home!

again we can help you !

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...?showtopic=3974

With us you are stronger ! :) Don't worry, what you just need is normal photo camera, and good light condition, and you can make awesome shots :D

Can't wait for your shots !!!

synax

Ok guys here is the best I can do so far. Let me know what you all think.

100_3682Medium.jpg

100_3687Medium.jpg

Bit of a rubbish pic, will try to get a better one when i get a chance:

100_3694Medium.jpg

100_3689Medium.jpg

100_3690Medium.jpg

Pictures from Mary:

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

speedzmaster

fugliness

gB.
fugliness

I'm not a big fan of the RG version here, but it's definitely not fugly. The all black version of this watch is pure money. The A23j movement UN Maxi reps are very well made, and better overall quality than any "noobfactory" sub, IMO.

Speedz, you need to broaden your horizons and step into the UN pool for a swim... :rofl:

Luthier

Beautiful watch, congrats!!!

Finally we see something different from PAMs, Rolleys and Omegas.

trailboss99

All of those UNs are great watches in their own right.

Most of them are damn good reps too!

Col.

synax

Thanks for your input guys! I know its not to everybodys taste but I do like watches that look different. I absolutely love it. The only minor complaints I have are that the bezel is slightly off, hardly noticeable and the metal lugs for the clasp are a bit rough. But to be honest I am 100% happy. I've never spent so little and been so happy with a watch :-)

Think I need to learn how to take some better pictures to do it justice!

WebWind

Beautiful dial. Thanx for pictures.

paule11

very nice good price too

Edited by paule11

IWM

Great post! After reading this year old post, I contacted Mary and order myself a UN Maxi Marine and a boxset.