Sign in to follow this  
Brightlight

Strong opppostion to wristies that aren't wristies

Brightlight

As the title says, a wristie is not a wristie unless the watch is pictured on the wrist. The clue is in the word WRISTIE (The word may be an abominable americanism but you cannot dispute the meaning)

I am totally fed up with people posting carefully posed artistic photos of the watch they say they will be wearing. Why should we believe that? Any more than you should believe I'm posting this from my iPhone 5GX, a prototype given to me personally by Steve Jobs for services to Apple, from my personal 747 en route to my palace in the Bahamas.

Here is the proof -

My personal 747

747.jpg

My iPhone 5GX prototype

iphone5.jpg

I haven't posted a pic of my palace as I don't want you all turning up at the door with your fucking begging bowls.

What is the problem? Are people too fucking lazy to pick up their camera or phone and press the fucking button?

You know who you are. I shall be watching!

KeNnY

nice collection there ! Keep it up ! :D

I agree with you :)

narikaa

And woe betides you if the EXIF data doesnt correspond to the date of posting too

debian

To you mean in the "new week wrist check" treads?

I kind of agree with you... I would like to see more true wrist shots there.

but also these threads are also a great a opportunity to show off nice pictures that you have manage to capture.

KinCaidk

I agree with Brightlight......

for once.

greg_r

Bollocks - I just like to see a decent photograph of a watch. Unlike you, photos of wrists with questionable hygiene don't do a thing for me :)

Brightlight
Bollocks - I just like to see a decent photograph of a watch. Unlike you, photos of wrists with questionable hygiene don't do a thing for me :)

Hnmmm, guilty consience talking there..............? :D

KinCaidk

You want to see pics of bollocks, Greg? and you frown upon decent people, like Brightlight and myself, who likes to see pics of watches on wrists. TSSSSSSSSSK!

:)

greg_r
Bollocks - I just like to see a decent photograph of a watch. Unlike you, photos of wrists with questionable hygiene don't do a thing for me :D

Hnmmm, guilty consience talking there..............? :rofl:

Nope. Not even remotely. In fact, I think I shall stop posting wristies entirely following this. :)

I have posted one wristie of each of my watches when I review them. That's quite enough. Meantime I encourage those capable of taking decent photographs to continue to do so. The wrist check thread is NOT a 'wristies' thread, it is a 'photos' thread. Get over it ;)

Oh, and Kink: :D

:D

Brightlight
Bollocks - I just like to see a decent photograph of a watch. Unlike you, photos of wrists with questionable hygiene don't do a thing for me :D

Nope. Not even remotely. In fact, I think I shall stop posting wristies entirely following this. :)

I have posted one wristie of each of my watches when I review them. That's quite enough. Meantime I encourage those capable of taking decent photographs to continue to do so. The wrist check thread is NOT a 'wristies' thread, it is a 'photos' thread. Get over it ;)

Easy solution then, "New week watch photos thread"

But the point of a wristie is you get to see how the watch looks on a wrist and therefore an indication of scale.

Apologies for the delay in responding, the pilot lit the afterburners as we were getting behind schedule and unlikely to get there before lunch, don't want the caviar fishcakes overcooked. The afterburners play havoc with the iPhone reception as you probably know.

greg_r

Easy solution then, "New week watch photos thread"

But the point of a wristie is you get to see how the watch looks on a wrist and therefore an indication of scale.

Apologies for the delay in responding, the pilot lit the afterburners as we were getting behind schedule and unlikely to get there before lunch, don't want the caviar fishcakes overcooked. The afterburners play havoc with the iPhone reception as you probably know.

Where in this week's thread does it say anything about 'wristies'? Wrist Check doesn't have to mean a wristie - it just means the watch you are going to be wearing. Anyhow, the thread is is always titled that way for a fairly devious reason that I'm not going to go into here ;)

G

onzenuub

Personally I would aprove a pic of a watch on a nice female boobie instead of on a wrist.

KinCaidk

Go on onze - post them titties.... I know you want to

onze.jpg

solkryssare

How about using some one else's wrist? Is that OK with the grumpy old man?

718cd6fb.jpg

KinCaidk

She looks cool, Sol! Flexin' them guns

I bet she could kick sfa's butt any day :)

onzenuub

Nice one Sol.

Brightlight

Of course Sol. Despite Greg's lame excuses (and implied suggestion that it is a dig at another forum) it is a wrist check, ie what's on your wrist. Or someone else's wrist, the clue being in the word wrist.

You should title that pic "Beauty and the Beast" :)

KinCaidk

I'll post a wristie too:

DSCF0426-1024.jpg

onzenuub

Fakey?

Brightlight

That's totally ridiculous Kink, that Pam is far too big for the dog's wrist, other dogs will pee on it in disdain.

greg_r
Of course Sol. Despite Greg's lame excuses (and implied suggestion that it is a dig at another forum) it is a wrist check, ie what's on your wrist. Or someone else's wrist, the clue being in the word wrist.

You should title that pic "Beauty and the Beast" :D

It's not a 'dig' at another forum. Misunderstanding what is going on, you are :yoda:

Anyhow, seems to me that you're the one with all the excuses. Quit being such a grumpy old sod - we post photos that we like. If you don't want to look at 'em, don't! :D

trailboss99

BL is JetMid and I claim my BountyBucks!

Col.

Brightlight
BL is JetMid and I claim my BountyBucks!

Col.

Damn, caught out!! I'm TTK also in my spare time :D

greg_r

Damn, I thought I recognised the posting style.... :D

Brightlight

You should title that pic "Beauty and the Beast" :yoda:

It's not a 'dig' at another forum. Misunderstanding what is going on, you are :yoda:

Anyhow, seems to me that you're the one with all the excuses. Quit being such a grumpy old sod - we post photos that we like. If you don't want to look at 'em, don't! :D

Count the responses G. Looks like we're all out of step but you :D

And I'll be a grumpy old sod if I want to, just like you I have earned that right!!