Sign in to follow this  
zinnboy

Jaeger-LeCoultre NSD Authentic?

Ice_Man

ehh I would be hesitant. The NSD gen comes with a custom heavy duty case, with SEAL challenge coin and a flashlight. I would be hesitant if these items were not included. Just my 2 cents, but Im by no means an authenticity expert.

Beefalope

I'm no expert, but I'm positive the real thing isn't supposed to have an ETA movement in it.

zinnboy

ehh I would be hesitant. The NSD gen comes with a custom heavy duty case, with SEAL challenge coin and a flashlight. I would be hesitant if these items were not included. Just my 2 cents, but Im by no means an authenticity expert.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If someone goes to the trouble to spend more than $1000 on a watch they will keep everything they can with it for as long as they can. No box no papers no buy from me. (Not that I can afford a gen)

Ice_Man

And also I believe the engravings on the caseback are supposed to be black on the gen

zinnboy

I'm no expert, but I'm positive the real thing isn't supposed to have an ETA movement in it.

Yep absolutely correct. The correct movement is a Calibre 899 that has passed JLC's 1000 hour test.

RUSH2112

Strange listing. Sometimes it sounds like they know watches and sometimes it sounds like they don't.

Ice_Man

Yeah I would go ahead with the report before someone gets scammed out of $5000.

zinnboy

Strange listing. Sometimes it sounds like they know watches and sometimes it sounds like they don't.

Discrepancies:

It says 25 Jewel which is evident of a Swiss ETA 2824-2 (or any other 25 jewel movement)

No box

No papers

No "Challenge Coin"

No flashlight

Calls springbars "pins"

Seems like they know about watches, but then have no idea.

Not listed under Jaeger-LeCoultre section of luxury watches.

Has 2130 positive feedback, maybe they've been duped.

zinnboy

Just asked him if it is 100% genuine and if he can include a shot of the movement. Told him I'd pay $7900 lets see if he'll hold his own.

Edited by zinnboy

big_raji

Look how square the top of the 9 and bottom of the 6 are. It's a noob factory.

zinnboy

I've listed an eBay auction for photos of genuine and fake versions of this watch. Lol. Hope the bidders do a search and see my auction.

http://m.ebay.com/it...Id=201086731410

Wow. How nice.

big_raji

I detect a hint of sarcasm, but not sure why. Are you not convinced that it's a noob rep? The rep also has notches in the case between the lugs, which you can kinda see in the case back shot.

DG335

Surprising given 2130 100% feedback. Shame to lose that....

big_raji

Looking at his history he seems to pick these up in large quantities. Pawn shop? Estate auctions? Storage lockers? I'm sure he didn't pay genuine prices for it.

big_raji

Got a reply from Papa smurf about his eBay auction and he claims a local jeweler verified it as real. Lying scammer.

JSJ
I've listed an eBay auction for photos of genuine and fake versions of this watch. Lol. Hope the bidders do a search and see my auction.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=201086731410

Sweet watch! I'm in for $0.99.

zinnboy

I detect a hint of sarcasm, but not sure why. Are you not convinced that it's a noob rep? The rep also has notches in the case between the lugs, which you can kinda see in the case back shot.

Not sarcasm. Was actually surprised that you'd do that for someone on eBay.

big_raji

Cool. Thanks!

Got a message from the buyer. It's sure to warm the cockles of any rep enthusiast's heart:

I am the buyer of the fake watch you are posting about. I had asked the seller

where the watch came from and if he knew it was authentic, since I knew there was a very good replica of this model on the market, and he replied that it came from a local watch shop and they said it was authentic. I did not know of any way to tell the fake from authentic, so thanks so much for pointing this out. I was going to have it authenticated at my local Jaeger dealer, but you saved me the trouble. You must own the authentic version (LOL!!!). I cancelled the transaction,before it was shipped and reported the seller to EBAY. Thanks for being such a good samaritan.

credit goes to zinnboy for first posting it of course

P4GTR

wow, you guys literally just saved someone $5,000. That's awesome & deserves a pat on the back.

JSJ

Bugger! I was hoping for the $0.99 bargain.

But seriously, well done guys.

Ice_Man

Raji, should have reffered him to join RWG lol