Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Whats some of your unwritten/pet peeve watch fashion rules?

Conex
Ok........the challenge would have been ( and remember I was going to issue this challenge on OPEN forum fo9r all members to see...not by PM etc etc, )...

Conehead insists he's his own man.....and doesn't have to kow-tow to anyone.....ergo......my challenge would have been...

1. He books a flight to London within the next 48 hours......cheap flight from the sand-pit...wot?....... £250-300.!

2. I'll book him a room at the hotel of his choice in London.....Dorchester / Waldorf Astoria / or any boutique hotel he chooses......with evening meal for he and his wife.....at my expense.

3. If he achieves the objective....I gift him my Breguet and he retains his GMT......he proves me wrong.

4. If he doesn't achieve it....I take his GMT and cofirm he's all mouth and trousers and NOT his own man.

I'm not a gambling man ;)

Give me 72 hrs and I will accept. Book me a room at the Dorchester for saturday night. How do I prove I am there. There has to be some stipulations?

Baldrick

Sory....I've ignored you long enough....!

And that's just because you can't take your losses as a real men does. Only able to place a bet, but a real gamble is way too much for ya.

You'll need to pick a lot of tiny screws and springs up off the floor for a lot of years...before you can play in my arena....but relax....you're only 20.....you've got lots of earning potential ahead of you ;)

Baldrick
Give me 72 hrs and I will accept. Book me a room at the Dorchester for saturday night. How do I prove I am there. There has to be some stipulations?

Ohh.....now you wanna play the game.......and you set the rules...... :johng:

Stipulations ?........well I'd need to be there to pay for the room....non ?

BadPickle

That all? Just a flight to the big smoke? Night in the Walders? Where's the catch B?

Baldrick

No catch ......'onest Injun !!!

Conex

Yes I would be happy with that.

golddusterrolex360

My biggest pet peeve is folks wearing bracelets on the same wrist with their fancy watch. I hate scratches and it just gets under my skin watching somebody clacking and scraping them together. Second biggest peeve: People who wear fake Rolexes to big public events and act like big shots, Just hate that. If you are going to wear a rep at least get one that does not look like it on your wrist. Not that I am Donald Trump but nothing worse than seeing someone pretending to be above their station and looking like a fool. Other than that, if you like a plastic see through Darth Vader that lights up red in the dark watch, have at it. Wear what you want when you want. Just don't be a heathen.

DR3M3L
Sory....I've ignored you long enough....!

And that's just because you can't take your losses as a real men does. Only able to place a bet, but a real gamble is way too much for ya.

You'll need to pick a lot of tiny screws and springs up off the floor for a lot of years...before you can play in my arena....but relax....you're only 20.....you've got lots of earning potential ahead of you ;)

Picking up tiny screws eh..... Once again, based on nothing...... I've got a normal-daily-fulltime job as a developer, running a hobby business next to it is just for fun.... At your side it's ALWAYS about money... What makes it so important to you? Just to admired with forum posts by international people you don't know personally.....? Doesn't make sense at all..... Why would you buy a 13k watch....?

BadPickle
No catch ......'onest Injun !!!

Ring side seats?

Porter21

nevermind

Conex

Yes I would be happy with that.

So if you are willing to make it saturday night, I am in. I won't be with my missus, she is unfortunately having chemotherapy on friday, hence the reason I would need 72 hours. Just confirm on here on the forum you are willing to go through with it and I will book my flight.

Baldrick
running a hobby business

So...there's the nub......it's a HOBBY....watch-smiths don't run their businesses for FUN......!

It wasyour insistence that you are a WATCH-SMITH.....nothing to do with money....you're confused son !

Conex

You've gone quiet little man. Baldrick? Challenge accepted. See you at the Dorchester saturday evening?

DR3M3L
running a hobby business

So...there's the nub......it's a HOBBY....watch-smiths don't run their businesses for FUN......!

It wasyour insistence that you are a WATCH-SMITH.....nothing to do with money....you're confused son !

You really think hobby and business can't be on the same road.....? Damn your life must have been a hell, that's why you're happy being retired!

For what it's worth, I managed to join the watchmaking school and start in the beginning of July... So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

Conex

I'm still waiting for confirmation Baldrick or are you going to back out of your little bet? I am on the Virgin website as we speak. Its going to cost me about £500. I get in to Heathrow at about 4pm saturday afternoon.

Baldrick
So if you are willing to make it saturday night, I am in. I won't be with my missus, she is unfortunately having chemotherapy on friday, hence the reason I would need 72 hours. Just confirm on here on the forum you are willing to go through with it and I will book my flight.

Now you're just being stupid...(whilst thinking you're being fly)....when you said " I don't gamble".....I think you meant to say..."I don't know HOW to gamble"........SORRY my ole son.......you fell at the first hurdle......your arse fainted when you thought there was a chance you might lose.......you don't get to gamble AFTER the cards have been laid on the table....nor change the house rules...!

You had your chance and you blew it....you suffered from a rectal prolapse.......it's what small men with small characters do...when fear manifests itself...now....as a "private contractor"....don't you think it's time to get back to peeling the spuds in the kitchen....the 'men' will be hungry. :D:

Baldrick
So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

THEN you'll be a watch-smith......right now....you're NOT...you're a 'hobbyist' ;)

golddusterrolex360

ok lets open another can of worms while we are at it

opinion nato straps and suit......GO!

I never thought of that. If it matched the suit that would be pretty GQ.

Conex

Now you're just being stupid...(whilst thinking you're being fly)....when you said " I don't gamble".....I think you meant to say..."I don't know HOW to gamble"........SORRY my ole son.......you fell at the first hurdle......your arse fainted when you thought there was a chance you might lose.......you don't get to gamble AFTER the cards have been laid on the table....nor change the house rules...!

You had your chance and you blew it....you suffered from a rectal prolapse.......it's what small men with small characters do...when fear manifests itself...now....as a "private contractor"....don't you think it's time to get back to peeling the spuds in the kitchen....the 'men' will be hungry. :D:

And now you've bottled it like I knew you would. You scared I might turn up? Yes you are aren't you. I will even book my flight now to prove it. If you back out, I lose £500 in flights. Chicken?

Stuvetjee

And now you've bottled it like I knew you would. You scared I might turn up? Yes you are aren't you. I will even book my flight now to prove it. If you back out, I lose £500 in flights. Chicken?

+1

solkryssare

Now I know why there is no one in the shoutbox.....

Stuvetjee
So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

THEN you'll be a watch-smith......right now....you're NOT...you're a 'hobbyist' ;)

Nope wrong again, He is a watchsmith but when he has his certificate he is a qualified watchsmith ;)

Edited by Stuvetjee

solkryssare

Nope wrong again, He is a watchsmith but when he has his certificate he is a qualified watchsmith ;)

With all due respect I strongly disagree. Joran seems like a good kid and I admire his enthusiasm......He is no watchsmith though. Just like I wasn't an Architect before I got my degree.

But who cares......As long as you're having fin.

Baldrick

You see, this is why so many people on here think you're a total dick. You can't not have a little snipe at every given opportunity. Not being a gambler doesn't mean you're not bold you tit. And seriously, the constant full stop thing is as annoying as your constant quoting line by line thing. So, being a non gambler, I will leave it this time. But thanks for confirming that you really are a complete plum. Now let's get back on topic shall we. You're boring me...............again.

I bottled it.... :lmao:

You really are a dolt...aren't you.......this must be rope-a-dope-day !

Which part of post #202 did you not understand ?

Don't tell me....all of it :lol:

Baldrick

@Stuttery....stop being Dutch :B):