Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Whats some of your unwritten/pet peeve watch fashion rules?

draggnation

Fashion is what's contemporary......style is timeless. Fashion goes out of style after a while to be replaced but the latter uniquely represents an individual's signature and often times, an enemy of consensus.

I'l bloody wear my casablanca with black calf straps on my RIGHT wrist anyday everytime; while my Brooks Brothers coffee suit nd russel nd bromley loafers keeps me looking dapper as my spanish bird nd I sip cappuccinos over at starbucks!

Tits McGee

Fashion is what's contemporary......style is timeless. Fashion goes out of style after a while to be replaced but the latter uniquely represents an individual's signature and often times, an enemy of consensus.

I'l bloody wear my casablanca with black calf straps on my RIGHT wrist anyday everytime; while my Brooks Brothers coffee suit nd russel nd bromley loafers keeps me looking dapper as my spanish bird nd I sip cappuccinos over at starbucks!

I don't really care what you look like. Let's dance :chewbacca: :AT: :chewbacca: :AT: :gayvikingmusic:

draggnation

I don't really care what you look like. Let's dance :chewbacca: :AT: :chewbacca: :AT: :gayvikingmusic:

As long as it ain't metal or rock. Salsa, Soul or jazz...over mojitos or french wine nd ul av me askin yu to name a spot.

RUSH2112

Even with a mention of nazis (but no hitler) and friends/enemies of Carlotta this has actually been a disappointment. It's time to bring T.E. Lawrence into the argument. Pro or con boys? Was he a colonel or not? Let's go

James.

Even with a mention of nazis (but no hitler) and friends/enemies of Carlotta this has actually been a disappointment. It's time to bring T.E. Lawrence into the argument. Pro or con boys? Was he a colonel or not? Let's go

Quite obviously he WAS.

:popcorn:

:D

Lagger
David Beckham has a fucking tramp stamp. Not taking any pointers from that guy.

Not saying you have to mate. I was merely saying he is considered a fashion icon by millions of people.

he does have a smoking hot wife though...

You're kidding right? That mardy faced twiglet? I've seen better looking traffic cones!!

DC

Pics..

vbeckhamGOFF_468x413.jpg

I would def say no she is ugly as hell :D

Again some hairstyles not her best image

article-1224600-070A7423000005DC-218_634x677.jpg

269660-victoria-and-david-beckham.jpg

download%203.jpg

Going back to this, I would smash that in a heart beat..............................anyway my pet peeve with watch fashion is an Omega Ploprof, what a fucking ugly watch

RUSH2112

Damn that bitch is ugly. You guys can have her.

narikaa

Yup

all that money

he shoulda gone the extra five bucks and got a pretty one

;)

nuttcrac69
Yup

all that money

he shoulda gone the extra five bucks and got a pretty one

;)

Hahaha!!!

DR3M3L
:rofl:

nute

She was ok way back but she has transformed herself into an artificial, ultra high maintenance , grumpy faced mardy old bag. She never seems to smile and she's always " posed". You lot can keep her.

narikaa

'Posed'

Is that the same as 'looks like shes been drinking cement and shes set'

all jokes aside she'd be safe in the navy

Kleen™

all jokes aside she'd be safe in the navy

Never heard that expression before. Brilliant.

narikaa

You should get out more ;)

Anyhoo never mind all this posturing over who would and who wouldn't interfere with old witchy poos

shouldn't you lot be busy Baldrick baiting

;)

DR3M3L

We should, but the grumpy old bastard needs his rest too.. Don't wanna be too hard for the old man.

fatarms

Anyhoo never mind all this posturing over who would and who wouldn't interfere with old witchy poos

;)

Baldrick baiting? It seems Baldrick has at least a dozen lines in the water at any given time :lol:

Your blue milgauss, it's beautiful. Does it have the green crystal gasket?

Kaiser

Soooo, where's that e-ticket then?

:popcorn:

narikaa

;)

Baldrick baiting? It seems Baldrick has at least a dozen lines in the water at any given time :lol:

Your blue milgauss, it's beautiful. Does it have the green crystal gasket?

Yup

guys here should spend less time looking for imaginary flaws in moody kettles and more effort into looking for the hook :)

The Milgauss is jaw dropping good and complete with a green ring (which prolly brings the thread back round to old witchy poos again)

solkryssare
So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

THEN you'll be a watch-smith......right now....you're NOT...you're a 'hobbyist' ;)

Nope wrong again, He is a watchsmith but when he has his certificate he is a qualified watchsmith ;)

With all due respect I strongly disagree. Joran seems like a good kid and I admire his enthusiasm......He is no watchsmith though. Just like I wasn't an Architect before I got my degree.

But who cares......As long as you're having fin.

Sorry for late response Solky (crap-a-talk)

But i have to disagree with your statement.

I think comparing a heavy difficult study (architecture) with a less heavy (only) course is wrong.

As an architect you cary alot of responsebility like Safety and construction and prob alot more. That is why papers and education is required.

So comparing those two jobs is imho not a good example.

Architecture is not something you cant learn yourself but needs to be "teached". Ofcourse you knew alot of stuff before university about architecture ;).

On the other hand watchmaking/smithing is something you can learn yourself with lots of books/internet tutorials and a forum like RWG :)

Hope you can understand my point :)

Please take the following response lighthearted. It's all in good fun.

But......

In reality Archie School is not a heavy study. It's time consuming as you spend all your time at school with no way of "studying" at home. But it's not a heavy study. Anyone telling you otherwise hasn't tried a truly heavy study.

However, the thing is that anyone can call himself an Architect and get away with it. You don't need a degree to be an architect and you don't even need one to work as one. Although it helps getting a job........BUT, I still wouldn't call my self one out of respect to the ones who actually took the time and spent the money to get his/hers degree.

Also, I wouldn't call my self one to keep up the general perception of what kind of quality Architects can deliver. One of the problems with the world of architecture and design is that anyone who took a 4 hrs. internet course label them as one of the above.........And even if the study isn't the hardest in the world it still teaches us a lot of things that separate the work we do to the "uneducated" ones.

And that's the way I feel about most professions were the choice of perfecting your skill at some kind of school is available.

That said.......One of the greatest masters the world of architecture ever had ( Louis kahn) didn't go to school....... ;)

And none of you really gives a shit about what I just wrote :D

So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

THEN you'll be a watch-smith......right now....you're NOT...you're a 'hobbyist' ;)

Nope wrong again, He is a watchsmith but when he has his certificate he is a qualified watchsmith ;)

With all due respect I strongly disagree. Joran seems like a good kid and I admire his enthusiasm......He is no watchsmith though. Just like I wasn't an Architect before I got my degree.

I think comparing a heavy difficult study (architecture) with a less heavy (only) course is wrong.

As an architect you cary alot of responsebility like Safety and construction and prob alot more. That is why papers and education is required.

Architecture is not something you cant learn yourself but needs to be "teached". Ofcourse you knew alot of stuff before university about architecture ;).

On the other hand watchmaking/smithing is something you can learn yourself with lots of books/internet tutorials and a forum like RWG :)

I don't pick a side as I understand both statements and I'm inbetween. Also, it doesn't matter at all if I am or am not, I have fun working on the watches from members and always happy to help someone out. At the end, I think that's all that matters. That's MY opinion and I don't want people to discuss about this, it only came up as Baldrick attacked me, then everyone picking my side and he in need of picking another argument against me.

:)

Difference in opinion doesn't mean we still cant be friends

Stuvetjee

Please take the following response lighthearted. It's all in good fun.

But......

In reality Archie School is not a heavy study. It's time consuming as you spend all your time at school with no way of "studying" at home. But it's not a heavy study. Anyone telling you otherwise hasn't tried a truly heavy study.

However, the thing is that anyone can call himself an Architect and get away with it. You don't need a degree to be an architect and you don't even need one to work as one. Although it helps getting a job........BUT, I still wouldn't call my self one out of respect to the ones who actually took the time and spent the money to get his/hers degree.

Also, I wouldn't call my self one to keep up the general perception of what kind of quality Architects can deliver. One of the problems with the world of architecture and design is that anyone who took a 4 hrs. internet course label them as one of the above.........And even if the study isn't the hardest in the world it still teaches us a lot of things that separate the work we do to the "uneducated" ones.

And that's the way I feel about most professions were the choice of perfection your skill at some kind of school is available.

That say.......One of the greatest masters the world of architecture ever had ( Louis kahn) didn't go to school....... ;)

And none of you really gives a shit about what I just wrote :D

I don't pick a side as I understand both statements and I'm inbetween. Also, it doesn't matter at all if I am or am not, I have fun working on the watches from members and always happy to help someone out. At the end, I think that's all that matters. That's MY opinion and I don't want people to discuss about this, it only came up as Baldrick attacked me, then everyone picking my side and he in need of picking another argument against me.

:)

Fair enough mate :D

DR3M3L

Hello buddy! :wave:

For you as a GTG addict I'm a bit dissappointed for not having joined any of our Dutch GTg'ers though...........! When are you available? :D

solkryssare

For you as a GTG addict I'm a bit dissappointed for not having joined any of our Dutch GTg'ers though...........! When are you available? :D

You wanna make a bet?

;)

DR3M3L

You wanna make a bet?

;)

I'm in for a challenge :D

solkryssare

If I show up in Holland for a GTG......we have a good time and drink till the last drop

If you show up in London for the next GTG........Drinks are one me.

How does that sound?

elp

Joran - before you answer, be aware Solk can drink many of us under the table, possibly with the exception of Pob.

Carry on.

:lol: