Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Whats some of your unwritten/pet peeve watch fashion rules?

solkryssare

Joran - before you answer, be aware Solk can drink many of us under the table, possibly with the exception of Pob.

Carry on.

:lol:

No :lol:

I aspire to do so, but I often fail....Pob never fails.

DR3M3L
If I show up in Holland for a GTG......we have a good time and drink till the last drop

If you show up in London for the next GTG........Drinks are one me.

How does that sound?

When is the next London GTG? If you show up in The Netherlands I'll organise the best GTG ever, just for you. All you have to do is book a flight, hotel and drinks are on me!!

Only exception I would like to add to this challenge..... No time limit of less then a week :D

Porter21
If I show up in Holland for a GTG......we have a good time and drink till the last drop If you show up in London for the next GTG........Drinks are one me. How does that sound?
When is the next London GTG? If you show up in The Netherlands I'll organise the best GTG ever, just for you. All you have to do is book a flight, hotel and drinks are on me!! Only exception I would like to add to this challenge..... No time limit of less then a week :D

damnit! sometimes i wish i lived in europe instead of Murica....or at least wasn't so broke all the time that i could afford a flight out to a GTG with y'all fuckers...

then again... i am scottish on both sides, and a drinking tollerance doesn't exist for me. so i could keep up with solkryssare under the table.

Baldrick

Normally I'd go to the Dutch GTG........but the prospect of being bored silly by a coterie of phlegmatic Dutchies gathered together to opine over the relative merits of V1 versus V4 111s is hardly appealing.........besides which, if I harboured any desire to be covered in phlegm......I'd just visit my local Doctor's surgery and pick up a dose of pleurisy. ........I certainly know which is the more appealing :B):

subiim
Normally I'd go to the Dutch GTG........but the prospect of being bored silly by a coterie of phlegmatic Dutchies gathered together to opine over the relative merits of V1 versus V4 111s is hardly appealing.........besides which, if I harboured any desire to be covered in phlegm......I'd just visit my local Doctor's surgery and pick up a dose of pleurisy. ........I certainly know which is the more appealing :B):

:(

solkryssare
If I show up in Holland for a GTG......we have a good time and drink till the last drop

If you show up in London for the next GTG........Drinks are one me.

How does that sound?

When is the next London GTG? If you show up in The Netherlands I'll organise the best GTG ever, just for you. All you have to do is book a flight, hotel and drinks are on me!!

Only exception I would like to add to this challenge..... No time limit of less then a week :D

Agreed

DR3M3L

I've seen more expensive watches then your "holy" 13k watch at the GTG'ers...... Also.... We are not really pam enthousiast..... Too bad you won't be there as you'll, again, miss all the fun....... But I can imagine the traveling is way to much for you.... Not only financial but also wearily...... I don't advice you to travel that far at your age, don't want to take any responsability for all it does to you...... And even when you will actually make it, you won't be able to handle the Dutch way......

That, actually, brings me back @solkryssare, I bet you can't handle the Dutch drinking too!! :D

solkryssare

That, actually, brings me back @solkryssare, I bet you can't handle the Dutch drinking too!! :D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

We invented getting wasted. Well perhaps not invented. We perfected it at least ;)

DR3M3L

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

We invented getting wasted. Well perhaps not invented. We perfected it at least ;)

Well...... In that case........... BRING IT!

uny7a3uh.jpg

Baldrick
Too bad you won't be there as you'll, again, miss all the fun...

Yeah.....just my bad luck.....the prospect of missing "the best GTG......EVER".......trawling the hooker haunts and lager lairs of Amsterdam.....organised by a 20 yr old potless spotty arsed oik fills me with sorrow.......but not as much as the alacrity engendered by my self-imposed absence from the fun...frolics and impoverished festivities that you Dutchies wallow in.....to while the evening away engaged in good-humoured camaraderie and conviviality..oh...lack-a-day....and woe is me........if I only had 5 Euro to cover the drink and food.......a veritable ..nay.. a palatial party of pulchritudinous badinage would be had by one and all........and....for the King's ransom and princely sum of only 5 Euro.......just 5 ...I have to repeat it to myself it is so utterly incalculable and unbelievable. .......5 Euro....again.....damn that Lady Luck........she never truly smiles upon me :(

Tits McGee
So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

THEN you'll be a watch-smith......right now....you're NOT...you're a 'hobbyist' ;)

Nope wrong again, He is a watchsmith but when he has his certificate he is a qualified watchsmith ;)

With all due respect I strongly disagree. Joran seems like a good kid and I admire his enthusiasm......He is no watchsmith though. Just like I wasn't an Architect before I got my degree.

But who cares......As long as you're having fin.

Sorry for late response Solky (crap-a-talk)

But i have to disagree with your statement.

I think comparing a heavy difficult study (architecture) with a less heavy (only) course is wrong.

As an architect you cary alot of responsebility like Safety and construction and prob alot more. That is why papers and education is required.

So comparing those two jobs is imho not a good example.

Architecture is not something you cant learn yourself but needs to be "teached". Ofcourse you knew alot of stuff before university about architecture ;).

On the other hand watchmaking/smithing is something you can learn yourself with lots of books/internet tutorials and a forum like RWG :)

Hope you can understand my point :)

Please take the following response lighthearted. It's all in good fun.

But......

In reality Archie School is not a heavy study. It's time consuming as you spend all your time at school with no way of "studying" at home. But it's not a heavy study. Anyone telling you otherwise hasn't tried a truly heavy study.

However, the thing is that anyone can call himself an Architect and get away with it. You don't need a degree to be an architect and you don't even need one to work as one. Although it helps getting a job........BUT, I still wouldn't call my self one out of respect to the ones who actually took the time and spent the money to get his/hers degree.

Also, I wouldn't call my self one to keep up the general perception of what kind of quality Architects can deliver. One of the problems with the world of architecture and design is that anyone who took a 4 hrs. internet course label them as one of the above.........And even if the study isn't the hardest in the world it still teaches us a lot of things that separate the work we do to the "uneducated" ones.

And that's the way I feel about most professions were the choice of perfecting your skill at some kind of school is available.

That said.......One of the greatest masters the world of architecture ever had ( Louis kahn) didn't go to school....... ;)

And none of you really gives a shit about what I just wrote :D

So, after I finished the program, and show my certificate, you can finally suck it one way or another.

THEN you'll be a watch-smith......right now....you're NOT...you're a 'hobbyist' ;)

Nope wrong again, He is a watchsmith but when he has his certificate he is a qualified watchsmith ;)

With all due respect I strongly disagree. Joran seems like a good kid and I admire his enthusiasm......He is no watchsmith though. Just like I wasn't an Architect before I got my degree.

I think comparing a heavy difficult study (architecture) with a less heavy (only) course is wrong.

As an architect you cary alot of responsebility like Safety and construction and prob alot more. That is why papers and education is required.

Architecture is not something you cant learn yourself but needs to be "teached". Ofcourse you knew alot of stuff before university about architecture ;).

On the other hand watchmaking/smithing is something you can learn yourself with lots of books/internet tutorials and a forum like RWG :)

I don't pick a side as I understand both statements and I'm inbetween. Also, it doesn't matter at all if I am or am not, I have fun working on the watches from members and always happy to help someone out. At the end, I think that's all that matters. That's MY opinion and I don't want people to discuss about this, it only came up as Baldrick attacked me, then everyone picking my side and he in need of picking another argument against me.

:)

Difference in opinion doesn't mean we still cant be friends

:D

Stuvetjee

Please take the following response lighthearted. It's all in good fun.

But......

In reality Archie School is not a heavy study. It's time consuming as you spend all your time at school with no way of "studying" at home. But it's not a heavy study. Anyone telling you otherwise hasn't tried a truly heavy study.

However, the thing is that anyone can call himself an Architect and get away with it. You don't need a degree to be an architect and you don't even need one to work as one. Although it helps getting a job........BUT, I still wouldn't call my self one out of respect to the ones who actually took the time and spent the money to get his/hers degree.

Also, I wouldn't call my self one to keep up the general perception of what kind of quality Architects can deliver. One of the problems with the world of architecture and design is that anyone who took a 4 hrs. internet course label them as one of the above.........And even if the study isn't the hardest in the world it still teaches us a lot of things that separate the work we do to the "uneducated" ones.

And that's the way I feel about most professions were the choice of perfecting your skill at some kind of school is available.

That said.......One of the greatest masters the world of architecture ever had ( Louis kahn) didn't go to school....... ;)

And none of you really gives a shit about what I just wrote :D

I don't pick a side as I understand both statements and I'm inbetween. Also, it doesn't matter at all if I am or am not, I have fun working on the watches from members and always happy to help someone out. At the end, I think that's all that matters. That's MY opinion and I don't want people to discuss about this, it only came up as Baldrick attacked me, then everyone picking my side and he in need of picking another argument against me.

:)

Difference in opinion doesn't mean we still cant be friends

:D

George Constanza! :lol:

Market_Made

Yeah.....just my bad luck.....the prospect of missing "the best GTG......EVER".......trawling the hooker haunts and lager lairs of Amsterdam.....organised by a 20 yr old potless spotty arsed oik fills me with sorrow.......but not as much as the alacrity engendered by my self-imposed absence from the fun...frolics and impoverished festivities that you Dutchies wallow in.....to while the evening away engaged in good-humoured camaraderie and conviviality..oh...lack-a-day....and woe is me........if I only had 5 Euro to cover the drink and food.......a veritable ..nay.. a palatial party of pulchritudinous badinage would be had by one and all........and....for the King's ransom and princely sum of only 5 Euro.......just 5 ...I have to repeat it to myself it is so utterly incalculable and unbelievable. .......5 Euro....again.....damn that Lady Luck........she never truly smiles upon me :(

Looks like you never fail to show people how big of a D-bag you are, every single day. Good for laughs though, keep up the good work.

Tits McGee

Looks like you never fail to show people how big of a D-bag you are, every single day. Good for laughs though, keep up the good work.

And another post challenged window licker chimes in!

DR3M3L
Yeah.....just my bad luck.....the prospect of missing "the best GTG......EVER".......

No one ever said it was going to be the best. All that has been said is it'll be the best GTG'er Solkryssare will ever see, and that's just an prediction. You shouldn't take any sarcasm seriously, that's what you tell us daily so why would you?

trawling the hooker haunts and lager lairs

If that's what you think is going to happen you have a sick mind.

Amsterdam.....

Who ever said it'll take place in Amsterdam.... That's just your assumption....

organised by a 20 yr old

Does age really matters to you? You're way to old to join one.

potless spotty arsed oik fills me with sorrow.......

I'm happy to sorrow you :) Thank you very much for clearify this, finally.

but not as much as the alacrity engendered by my self-imposed absence from the fun...

Thanks for your self-imposed absence from the fun, actually, did you call it fun? That crosses your previous opinion....

frolics and impoverished festivities that you Dutchies wallow in.....

Impoverished? That's funny as our DJ's travel all around the world just because Dutchies organise the BEST festivals. Take Q-dance, they organise all the big party's around the world and that's just one of many. EVEN IN YOUR COUNTRY.

to while the evening away engaged in good-humoured camaraderie and conviviality..

Exactly!

if I only had 5 Euro to cover the drink and food.......

No worries, I'll pay for the drinks and food......

a veritable ..nay.. a palatial party of pulchritudinous badinage would be had by one and all........

I think you'll be the only one doing that...

for the King's ransom and princely sum of only 5 Euro.......just 5 ...

I don't know what kind of place you've been... But just 5 euro won't bring you anything around here.

I have to repeat it to myself it is so utterly incalculable and unbelievable. .......5 Euro....again.....damn that Lady Luck........she never truly smiles upon me :(

No one ever will. But I guess you're used to it.

Porter21
He didn't accept mine......why should I accept his :lol:

i'm going to guess that Conex wasn't able to accept the terms of your wager due to pre-existing complications that were unknown to you at the time of the wager. He tried to change the terms to no avail, therefore was unable to accept the wager.

Now Conex has challenged Baldrick to a wager... are there any pre-existing comitments that would prevent you from accepting his wager?

DR3M3L
He didn't accept mine......why should I accept his :lol:

i'm going to guess that Conex wasn't able to accept the terms of your wager due to pre-existing complications that were unknown to you at the time of the wager. He tried to change the terms to no avail, therefore was unable to accept the wager.

Now Conex has challenged Baldrick to a wager... are there any pre-existing comitments that would prevent you from accepting his wager?

+1

Stuvetjee
Yeah.....just my bad luck.....the prospect of missing "the best GTG......EVER".......

No one ever said it was going to be the best. All that has been said is it'll be the best GTG'er Solkryssare will ever see, and that's just an prediction. You shouldn't take any sarcasm seriously, that's what you tell us daily so why would you?

trawling the hooker haunts and lager lairs

If that's what you think is going to happen you have a sick mind.

Amsterdam.....

organised by a 20 yr old

Does age really matters to you? You're way to old to join one.

potless spotty arsed oik fills me with sorrow.......

I'm happy to sorrow you :) Thank you very much for clearify this, finally.

but not as much as the alacrity engendered by my self-imposed absence from the fun...

Thanks for your self-imposed absence from the fun, actually, did you call it fun? That crosses your previous opinion....

frolics and impoverished festivities that you Dutchies wallow in.....

Impoverished? That's funny as our DJ's travel all around the world just because Dutchies organise the BEST festivals. Take Q-dance, they organise all the big party's around the world and that's just one of many. EVEN IN YOUR COUNTRY.

to while the evening away engaged in good-humoured camaraderie and conviviality..

Exactly!

if I only had 5 Euro to cover the drink and food.......

No worries, I'll pay for the drinks and food......

a veritable ..nay.. a palatial party of pulchritudinous badinage would be had by one and all........

I think you'll be the only one doing that...

for the King's ransom and princely sum of only 5 Euro.......just 5 ...

I don't know what kind of place you've been... But just 5 euro won't bring you anything around here.

I have to repeat it to myself it is so utterly incalculable and unbelievable. .......5 Euro....again.....damn that Lady Luck........she never truly smiles upon me :(

No one ever will. But I guess you're used to it.

the €5,- is just a small contribution for food and drinks. Not expensive for meat and beer. Oh wait Balddick, you dont know what contribute is...

DR3M3L

Ahhh he was talking about your post of throwing in 5 bucks to get some meat for the BBQ...... Then again, that's not a GTG! The BBQ is only with some people that meet more often. That's not something you can join B ;)

When was the last time you eat a Kroket, or a Frikandel?

narikaa

friket.jpg

Googled

Pretty sure Ive never eaten this before

But

I have the sneaking suspicion that I may have trodden in it once or twice

;)

nuttcrac69
Amsterdam.....

Only city he knows perhaps?

Stuvetjee

Ahhh he was talking about your post of throwing in 5 bucks to get some meat for the BBQ...... Then again, that's not a GTG! The BBQ is only with some people that meet more often. That's not something you can join B ;)

When was the last time you eat a Kroket, or a Frikandel?

:thumbsup:

derzenit

Kaassoufflé and Frikandel that´s the reason why it´s always so unhealthy for me to visit a friend who is studying psychology in Groningen. :giggle:

DR3M3L
Kaassoufflé and Frikandel that´s the reason why it´s always so unhealthy for me to visit a friend who is studying psychology in Groningen. :giggle:

Kaassoufflé is just like heaven, for sure. Loveit!

derzenit

yeah it´s definitely among my favourite junk foods when Im over there. Glad to be living near Cologne so I don´t have to travel that

far to visit our lovely neighbors. Last time Ive been there I ended up having a political conversation with an old hippie in a coffee shop

while waiting for a friend to arrive. Im not a smoker but after sitting next to him for over a hour I felt a little bit dizzy .. good times :D