Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Man

Whats some of your unwritten/pet peeve watch fashion rules?

DR3M3L

If its a gen WTF are you doing, if its a rep still WTF are you doing? Not my style and def. wouldn't go with jeans at all. :wtf:

Ah that's where we differ, and my point of the post. In my opinion, and that's the only one that counts for me, there was absolutely nothing wrong or incongruous about wearing that watch with cargo shorts (even more "out there" than just jeans) working in my machine shop environment. Not even a little bit. Beautiful watch that I LOVE looking at. Why would anything else matter.

Go back to my post earlier in this thread regarding my modern architecture house with European style chandeliers

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=78030&st=160&p=1279924entry1279924

That should give you an idea of how much I care what other people consider appropriate or not. :-)

:thumbsup:

zinnboy

If its a gen WTF are you doing, if its a rep still WTF are you doing? Not my style and def. wouldn't go with jeans at all. :wtf:

Ah that's where we differ, and my point of the post. In my opinion, and that's the only one that counts for me, there was absolutely nothing wrong or incongruous about wearing that watch with cargo shorts (even more "out there" than just jeans) working in my machine shop environment. Not even a little bit. Beautiful watch that I LOVE looking at. Why would anything else matter.

Go back to my post earlier in this thread regarding my modern architecture house with European style chandeliers

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=78030&st=160&p=1279924entry1279924

That should give you an idea of how much I care what other people consider appropriate or not. :-)

The watch isn't bad nor the clothes aren't bad. I'm saying that their paired poorly. I wouldn't wear a Lange if I were working in a machine shop. I again wouldnt go for a denim jacket at a black tie banquet. In a machine shop I'd go for something that I'd be less afraid about deskdives and whatnot. And in a suit and tie setting the leather strap would go well.

narikaa

Just differing tastes n attitudes

Your scared of scratching this revered item

He couldn't care less, its just a watch he enjoys wearing

Amit

Wealthy people would never have a discussion like this.

They're too rich to give a fuck about anyone else.

zinnboy

Wealthy people would never have a discussion like this.

They're too rich to give a fuck about anyone else.

cogwatch

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=78030&st=160&p=1279924&#entry1279924

The watch isn't bad nor the clothes aren't bad. I'm saying that their paired poorly. I wouldn't wear a Lange if I were working in a machine shop. I again wouldnt go for a denim jacket at a black tie banquet. In a machine shop I'd go for something that I'd be less afraid about deskdives and whatnot. And in a suit and tie setting the leather strap would go well.

You are so missing the point. You didn't look at my chandelier pics did you?

cogwatch

^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

100+ watches. 10 hours a day, 5 sometimes 6 days a week at work. If I was afraid to wear my watches at work, I'd miss out on a hell of a lot of enjoyment of those 100+ watches.......

subiim

^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

100+ watches. 10 hours a day, 5 sometimes 6 days a week at work. If I was afraid to wear my watches at work, I'd miss out on a hell of a lot of enjoyment of those 100+ watches.......

I think you've missed the point

cogwatch

^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!

I think you've missed the point

Something appropriate I posted in a thread of yours:

Enslave yourselves if you want, you horses of instruction. Graze in peace and safety inside your masters' fences. Subjugate yourselves to his whip, avail yourselves to the labour of his fields, and propel him to battle if you will.

As for me, I'll roam free with the tigers, carrying inside me the power of their wrath. I'll move with patient wisdom through the shadows of the night, watching for the tender spot to sink my fangs... waiting to strike when the time is right.

And I decide where to strike.

And I decide when the time is right.

(William Blake)

Mazz

Back to fashion and style.

I own a machine shop. I wore my Lange Tourbillon below to work today. Wearing Levi's Cargo shorts.

Any comments?

66b1f85ad8d441510ca7cef9985a8b0d_zpsc5bdfade.jpg

Levi's are pretty gay

Woah. He works in a machine shop they are probably pretty practical.

So what? Dude says he owns the place. He don't work the machines

Never owned a business have you? My shop is 10 people. I'm not a machine operator per se, but in addition to sales, marketing, finance, operations, order management, planning, and procurement, when needed I operate machines, deburr, wash parts, shipping and receiving, and pick up and delivery. And "when needed" is pretty much every day to some extent. I don't, however, clean the toilets. We have a cleaning service for that. But if I did, I'd be wearing that Lange Tourbie scrubbing that toilet :-)

Thank you. Someone who has actually owned a business.

Paper route ?

Stuvetjee

I think you may be right on that........but next time, try to inject some humour and or sarcasm into your post....... ;)

BTW.....de Dutchies are busy totting up how many Euros they've collected for BBQ sausages and some low-alcohol lager......so I don't think your thread will spin to 40 !!!

nah we arent totting up. Some of us have a job you know...

Hornet

This thread is almost back onto the original topic eh iceman?! Although I don't ever see it being resolved, no one agrees on what watch goes with what clothes or even what clothes are acceptable.....

....so let's just assume everyone can wear whatever they like with whatever watch they like?

Baldrick
12 years as a Police Officer,

Wot ???.......only 12.....couldn't quite cut it all the way to 25......huh?........wossup, were you fed up with walking the night shift with snotters blinding you on cold winter nights.....or perhaps got caught with your fingers in the till......or was your utility belt getting too heavy to carry......eh Batman.

and now Offshore on not far off a six figure salary......

Wot???......somebody else is still paying you a salary.......which means they can also take it away.......it's a pity it's not the early 1900's......you would have been excellent in a domestic staff role.......well used to taking instruction........and now that your earning potential has outpaced your hat size.......you've gravitated to the dark side of fake watches.......what happened to that old mantra you guys used to chant........'fake goods help to bolster the proceeds of crime.......drugs, prostitution, white slavery et al'.........so now, you're a criminal or perhaps you always were.

...not one to brag

Of course you're not........first you portray yourself as a 'lagger'........now you're bragging that you're a pillar of the community.......rich in intellect and a financial wizard whose earning potential stretches all the way to 100k......trapped and freezing your arse off with the Village People on a rig in the North Sea.......you've reached dizzying heights haven't you ......Sugar and Trump would be impressed.

I have seen more of the Uk than most

Wot???........whilst wearing out your shoe leather.......or polishing the arse of your trousers sat in an Astra looking out for chavs and hoodies.... :B):

and live a great existance having never been on the dole

Well, good for you and welcome to the big big world.

I would be interested to hear what your contribution to this 'Great' nation was

I'm sure you would, you old 'lagger' you, unfortunately for you, I'm not here to pique your interest, you're only 7 days on this forum, wetter than a haddock's bathing costume and you want to lay down the law about what is and what isn't a shit-hole.......the UK is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world, has some of the most beautiful places of interest in the world, same as most other countries. ..........however from your jaded POV it's a shit-hole.......guess what,......you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Now, you'd be better served doing more reading before you open your mouth and let your belly rumble. :B):

kenton23

Ha!

(I like the points above, by the way)

Hornet

Wot ???.......only 12.....couldn't quite cut it all the way to 25......huh?........wossup, were you fed up with walking the night shift with snotters blinding you on cold winter nights.....or perhaps got caught with your fingers in the till......or was your utility belt getting too heavy to carry......eh Batman.

Wot???......somebody else is still paying you a salary.......which means they can also take it away.......it's a pity it's not the early 1900's......you would have been excellent in a domestic staff role.......well used to taking instruction........and now that your earning potential has outpaced your hat size.......you've gravitated to the dark side of fake watches.......what happened to that old mantra you guys used to chant........'fake goods help to bolster the proceeds of crime.......drugs, prostitution, white slavery et al'.........so now, you're a criminal or perhaps you always were.

...not one to brag

Of course you're not........first you portray yourself as a 'lagger'........now you're bragging that you're a pillar of the community.......rich in intellect and a financial wizard whose earning potential stretches all the way to 100k......trapped and freezing your arse off with the Village People on a rig in the North Sea.......you've reached dizzying heights haven't you ......Sugar and Trump would be impressed.

Wot???........whilst wearing out your shoe leather.......or polishing the arse of your trousers sat in an Astra looking out for chavs and hoodies.... :B):

I'm sure you would, you old 'lagger' you, unfortunately for you, I'm not here to pique your interest, you're only 7 days on this forum, wetter than a haddock's bathing costume and you want to lay down the law about what is and what isn't a shit-hole.......the UK is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world, has some of the most beautiful places of interest in the world, same as most other countries. ..........however from your jaded POV it's a shit-hole.......guess what,......you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Now, you'd be better served doing more reading before you open your mouth and let your belly rumble. :B):

Can't believe I'm going to be agree with the man, but the UK is NOT a shithole by any stretch of the imagination....

DR3M3L

...not one to brag

Can't believe I'm going to be agree with the man, but the UK is NOT a shithole by any stretch of the imagination....

So.... Do you agree what he said about The Netherlands/Dutchies? If not, you only agree with just one topic of thousands.. B is a man of many opinions and only a few are actually true.

Baldrick

I'm of the opinion that you don't have a clue......and that's a truism...

325420429_ManyQuestions_answer_2_xlarge.png

..FFS son...grow up....stop being so serious.....and precious....if all you have to worry about in your life is some of the stuff I spout......I would say poor you...but you're actually blessed that you live ..not in the Netherlands....but in the State of Ignorance....you're 20....get a life FFS.....you're spending too much time on this forum....and waaay too much time letting me affect your life .....wise up :B):

Mazz

^^^^^^^this

DR3M3L

..FFS son...grow up....stop being so serious.....and precious....if all you have to worry about in your life is some of the stuff I spout......I would say poor you...but you're actually blessed that you live ..not in the Netherlands....but in the State of Ignorance....you're 20....get a life FFS.....you're spending too much time on this forum....and waaay too much time letting me affect your life .....wise up :B):

If you read back B..... You actually can read all I'm doing is keeping you busy.... Just for fun...... Not wasting anything..... Doesn't affect any of my life...... Serious? I've not been serious in this whole thread except for the comment I made on your reply to Conex including his wife with cancer.... That's something I didn't expect from someone like you....

RichardMiami

Good morning from the Colonies! :)

Conex

If you read back B..... You actually can read all I'm doing is keeping you busy.... Just for fun...... Not wasting anything..... Doesn't affect any of my life...... Serious? I've not been serious in this whole thread except for the comment I made on your reply to Conex including his wife with cancer.... That's something I didn't expect from someone like you....

Hey come on guys, let's drop that particular subject. In hindsight I should never have brought it up and I insulted Baldricks wife as well with one of my comments, something I think was uncalled for. Baldrick and I sorted out those comments privately, so let's just move on from that.

James.

All im reading is "like me! I want people ive never met to like me!!!"

Expand your horizons, people with wealth do not give a dried up shit what anyone else thinks, not their shareholders, board of directors or some fkin nobody on a forum. If you're really going to try pull off wearifng your fake watch try changing your mindset to that ive just described. Just try not to let putting you happy meal on credit demolish your facade.

DR3M3L

Hey come on guys, let's drop that particular subject. In hindsight I should never have brought it up and I insulted Baldricks wife as well with one of my comments, something I think was uncalled for. Baldrick and I sorted out those comments privately, so let's just move on from that.

Good to hear you sorted it out privately mate!!

narikaa

...not one to brag

http://goo.gl/vgwTd

Put in a dozen as musker and dinnae chore enough to retire ??? :pee:

ag69

if anyone tells me what i should wear with my watch... I'd tell you to eff off...

I'd worn a PP and AP with sandals... so what???????????

Yes!! If people don't like the watch i'm wearing with the outfit then they can look the other way period. Don't give a flying fuck on what people think.