Sign in to follow this  
j3ff

Hello from Salem Virginia!

j3ff

Hi,

My name is Jeff and I found this forum when trying to figure out a few things about replica watches. I am not a watch enthusiest and while I have been reading many helpful threads on here tonight about what to expect from a replica, the different types of movements, etc., a lot is going right over my head as it's all brand new to me. For example I read about this or that many jewels in a movement etc, and I have no idea what the hell that even means yet as I know very little about the mechanics of a watch, the extent of my knowledge of watches is pretty much limited to "The little hand is poited to X and the big hand is pointed to Y, so it's Z time". LOL

Bassically my situation is this. I currently own one watch, it's a genuine citizen skyhawk titanium eco drive. Obviously not a super expensive watch, but not complete garbage either. My mother gave it to me like 8-9 years ago for Christmas, and it's been running great ever since. It's been pretty beat up though, the crystal is very scratched, the band is showing wear from where I place my wrist on the desk when I type, etc. It's basically time for me to buy a new watch, or spend some money having this one repaired.

I don't have the budget to buy a genuine super high end watch, so I started reading up on replicas which lead me here. My biggest concern is quality which I have read in a sticky here can be hit or miss depending on factory and even batch, etc. Obviously for the price I am not expecting the same quality as a genuine *insert high end watch maker here* but if I spend a few hundred bucks I want a decent watch that will last me for a good while and look nice.

With that info in mind, would you guys recomend that I continue reading up and looking for a replica of decent quality, or do you think I would be better served by purchasing a genuine watch of a lessor maker simmilar to my current watch (citizen skyhawk) that's in my price range?

Thanks for any advice people can offer!!

JSJ

Welcome from the UK.

If I were you, having read the above, I'd buy a quartz rep of something you fancy from one of our TDs and then disappear fast.

Otherwise, once you catch the rep bug, you will be on high beat noob factory ultimate sapphire crystal superlume and your soul will be lost forever.

Good luck mate :) !

<RJ>

Welcome!

Why not get a Seiko?

Same or better quality as your current watch and better than any rep.

:shitstir:

SSTEEL

Welcome to RWG, Jeff :)

JSJ
Welcome!

Why not get a Seiko?

Same or better quality as your current watch and better than any rep.

:shitstir:

Yes that too.

DR3M3L

Welcome! :wave: