Sign in to follow this  
TAGster

My new 16610 Noobmariner

TAGster

Hey Mates!

I want to share with you the lastest addition to my collection: the Rolex 16610 Submariner. Thanks to k3rm87, who was the mate I got it from. By the way kudos for K3rm87 for a clean and very smooth transaction.

The watch is not a very expensive rep, in fact is a cheapie one but I think is very good piece for the price and it´s my first Rolie. I am not familiar with the Rolex watches but from my limited knowledge I think this is a farily good rep, I am sure it has some flaws but from my rolex noob eye I don´t see too many. The only thing that really anoys me is the bracelet clasp, I don´t know if the gen clasp is so high when is closed, I´ll show you what I´m talking about further in the thread with a photo. Other flaw I see is the lume in the pearl and in the secs hand, which is not as bright as the other lumed parts.

Despite those flaws I really like the watch, I love how it looks on wrist, very elegant and from some feet away it looks like a thousand dollars watch.

Well, let´s go to the images and your feedback and expert oppinion is appreciated:

(sorry for the images, but I am still experimenting with the jewlery photography)

4955935508_50748342cf_z.jpg

4955345357_62f5154834_z.jpg

4955939316_d9a40ec5b7_z.jpg

This is the anoying clasp closing, is this correct?

4955348991_3f5f81aa4e_z.jpg

Let´s continue

4955350987_5770af4395_z.jpg

4955944018_30ddc1ef89_z.jpg

4955353407_6231d0a577_z.jpg

4955354733_5e56c8c8ac_z.jpg

4955357321_2007805cb7_z.jpg

4955359733_df53778b97_z.jpg

And Finally the wrist shots, sorry for the photos but were taken with my cellular phone

4955339787_781588c293_z.jpg

And again, the anoying clasp closing:

4955931614_9e46340049_z.jpg

Thanks for viewing and for your comments.

Cheers!

TAGster

I know this is a cheapie mates, but is it so bad that doesn´t deserve one single comment?? :P

Don´t be shy, all kind of comments are welcomed :D

Cheers mates!!

Del

Great watch - I love these Subs. Good photos too for yout first attempts :lol: - getting the lighting right is the key I think.

Enjoy the watch :rofl:.

trailboss99

If you took those on a phone, well done! :lol:

That is how the clasp closes, yes, annoying isn't it?

The gen is exactly the same.

Col.

gB.

I agree, clasp is annoying, but the gen is the same... :lol:

pollux1

Looks nice to me, I think the clasp is that way on the gen too, kinda annoying!

TAGster

Thanks for your comments.

So I think I the clasp thing is kind of "normal" so, I will have to live with this annoying issue, or get used to it, he he.

Cheers mates!

tick tock

Nice watch and pics..even the ones from your phone :P

KBH

I gotta disagree about the clasp. I bought one for parts and mostly for the bracelet and the clasp does suck. It's much taller than any other Rolex I've bought including several Noobmariners. Maybe that's one reason Timeshops was selling them at that low price.

Chief

I don't mind the clasp, rep. or gen. but I myself have went for the glide lock clasp originally designed for the Sea Dweller. MUCH better clasp in every aspect...imo.

TAGster
I gotta disagree about the clasp. I bought one for parts and mostly for the bracelet and the clasp does suck. It's much taller than any other Rolex I've bought including several Noobmariners. Maybe that's one reason Timeshops was selling them at that low price.

Interesting answer.

I do agree with you, IMO I see the clasp is really taller and not very well machined, the steel feels really hard, not smoth when you touch it.

Hey KBH mate, a question for you: do you think is it possible to get a decent clasp anywhere?, or maybe to get a complete bracelet to replace this annoying clasp?.

Cheers!

KBH

Either place a Wanted To Buy post or contact one of the dealers, I suppose. I would imagine Mary can get you a new bracelet.

Also, they come up for sale every now and then.

dave47

Nice looking Sub, Tagster; good pics, too. The clasp on my Sub does the same thing. If you go to www.rolex.com and look at some of the gens there, you'll see it's "normal."

dave

I know this is a cheapie mates, but is it so bad that doesn´t deserve one single comment?? :)

Don´t be shy, all kind of comments are welcomed :rolleyes:

Cheers mates!!