Sign in to follow this  
skibaron

Bell and Ross Aviation Loose Minute Hand

skibaron

I just purchased the Bell&Ross Aviation "super rep" and it came in the mail yesterday. It's a beautiful watch which is why I was willing to shell out the extra cash ($608) to get a quality replica. The problem I noticed when it arrived is the minute hand will jump half a minute when I rotate the face. Am I being unreasonable for this critique and what do you all recommend I do to resolve the issue?

I posted a video on youtube:

Thanks for your help as always.

Grimmi

Hey yeah, that kinda sucks a bit, am sorry for your trouble mate.

I've been thinking of getting one of these too...

But I've read that the "loose minute hand" isn't uncommon with this rep, but have also read from others that they've had no issues.

I remember writing to MR to see if I could get one a while ago and he wrote back:

"This might be still available. But please note that its hands are too heavy for the movement.

So the minute hand moves around from the maker. :)

M "

So I held off... Have been thinking about taking my chances with it anyway and now I see what you mean.

I'd be annoyed but hey, it's still one hell of a great looking watch!

Grimmi

Not sure what to do though, is it something you can live with?

Wonder if it can be fixed...

Sorry for not being much help...

DR3M3L

Can be fixed, ofcourse. Contact a trusted watchsmith!

SSTEEL

If the minute hand is too heavy, then I'm guessing the metal could be shaved a few microns from the rear, and then relume it lightly. Its a lot of work, but doable.

NMA

What about buying gen hands? :)

SSTEEL

Thats a good idea actually, unless he gens experience the same fate. Considering the rep has the gen movement, then thats also an option, replace the hands for gen :)

DR3M3L

Isn't it a 1:1 version? :D

skibaron

Other than the loose hand, it's really a phenomenal watch. I love the look and attention to detail. The digital function works exactly the same as the Gen and the collectors box contains all the documentation to get it up and running. Really wish that small defect didn't exist because my OCD tendencies are why I pay a little more for my reps.

SSTEEL

Works as the gen because it has the same movement as the gen ;)

scottie83

This never happened on my rep. Although at one point the entire minute hand fell completely off and I had it re-attached when I had it relumed and waterproofed. Still not an issue.

skibaron

I asked the dealer to correct the problem. For the price, a loose minute hand being a critical detail in my mind, I expected it to be near flawless. He said it was a result of shipping... Watches are worn on the wrist so I don't think shipping will be the worst beating it will experience in its lifetime.

I guess I am new to the game and this is the risk of doing business. Still I am very disappointed and probably won't use Perfect Clones again. Joshua's reaction was less than polite or showing concern which seemed contrary to previous reviews I had seen. I even allowed him to change the design several times due to taking my money but realizing he didn't have a white backing to the B&R Aviator. Of course on the other hand he was quick to respond to all other questions and the watch got here super fast.

But that loose minute hand... dammit it's going to haunt me every time I see it.

howie418

Sorry to hear about your watch. I love this watch too and have been considering getting it also. I too would find a good watch-smith here or locally.