Sign in to follow this  
fijishams

Opinions please on this VC with guilloche

fijishams

Hi guys,

I've been on the forum for a few months now; deliberating, perusing and pondering.

I prefer to let my initial reactions simmer so that I can think clearly and not hastily purchase something that might later make me think 'I liked it at the time (points for the pun?) but it was a daring buy'.

I prefer to come to a middle ground; gone through the salivating, eyes wide open, hysterical phases (almost a pun, maybe.....no? Maybe not) of gorging on Royal Oaks, U-Boats (not everyone can pull oversized watches off), Grahams (not sure I could pull these off either) and Hublots.

Middle ground watches for Mr Fiji then:

Breguet Chronos (remind me of old mens clubs where gentlemen smoke heavy cigars and read papers)

A Lange & Sohne Datograph (combines elegance with sport, seamlessly)

IWC Aquatimer Cousteau (a perfect sports watch)

and last but not least THE VC MALTE CHRONO - and this, I think, I hope, is the one for me.

But please, if I may, what do you guys make of it?:

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/Product_D...ID=200910031458

I think the guilloche is beautiful on it and really makes it stand out. What do you think?

Here as well, but with a more white looking dial:

http://www.nicereplica.com/pro_detail.php?ProId=174

Opinions appreciated.

Fiji.

Edited by fijishams

greg_r

It's a beautiful watch powered by probably the best chrono movement found in reps. I honestly don't know how accurate it is to the gen, but personally I don't care - I love it! :rofl:

In all honesty I think it's an excellent choice :lmao2:

I believe there is only one version of this rep currently available, so the perceived difference between the two sites you have linked is going to be purely down to the photography. I'd personally buy from Marvellous Replica of those two dealers - not only is he cheaper, but Ruby (nicereplica) tends to be rather slow. You might also like to contact ReplicaMake and/or WatchInternational here and see what they can offer you.

AlphaLima

I agree with Greg, it's a beautiful piece, but i think it'd be too flashy for me personally as i would never find myself in a position where i would wear the clothes which that watch would be suitable with..

Ultimately, a watch is an extension of your personality & character. It speaks for you. If you like it, and it appeals to you, then it shouldn't really matter what anyone else thinks. If you want it, pull the trigger.

EDIT: On the brown strap, it looks a lot more understated, but equally as beautiful. I'm kind of tempted myself now.

Edited by AlphaLima

mbjoer

The rep is fairly accurate to the gen and actually not that flashy.

The Brand name is not terribly noticeable on the dial and not many people know VC anyway.

This is one Gen (note that there are many versions and that they can have subtle differences):

15247b_Vach.jpg

And here is my Rep:

033.jpg

012.jpg

Main differences are the spacing of subdials (which no-one will notice as it is such an unusual watch) and the back of the watch with the wrong movement and not too deep (but also not too bad) engravings. The Seagull rep-movement looks good though.

I am fairly certain that there are more than one version. Certainly I have seen older versions with brushed cases. I think the one you are looking at is the same one as mine.

If you do go for it, I would recommend that you have it AR treated and get a top quality new strap. With that you will get a watch that feels very close to a Gen VC for as long as you do not hold it side by side with one.

For an excellent write-up by Pix see this one: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthrea...aphe-33801.html

Good luck.

Edited by mbjoer