Sign in to follow this  
gB.

asian copy valjoux 23

asian copy valjoux 23  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good hand wind chrono movement?

• Yes
    • No

dingle
It's a shame that nobody has been able to identify the mystery movement he uses. As been said, they are near impossible to have repaired. No parts available.

But, don't be put off by the 7750 hand wind. If done correctly with all the proper auto winding parts removed, it becomes the same as a 7760 Eta hand wind movement. It's the auto wind gears that are easy to strip.

The only reason I can see for buying the MM would be if you plan on replacing it someday with a true Valjoux 72 movement.

?????????????????

KBH
It's a shame that nobody has been able to identify the mystery movement he uses. As been said, they are near impossible to have repaired. No parts available.

But, don't be put off by the 7750 hand wind. If done correctly with all the proper auto winding parts removed, it becomes the same as a 7760 Eta hand wind movement. It's the auto wind gears that are easy to strip.

The only reason I can see for buying the MM would be if you plan on replacing it someday with a true Valjoux 72 movement.

?????????????????

You seem a little lost today, Gran.

gB.
Don't. Mine arrived broken and DW won't do anything about it! He'll offer you a free dial or something but you will still be stuck with a f***ed up movement and the quest to find a replacement.

Is that why you're selling the 6263 gen bracelet on eBay? Sent you PM.

gran

?????????????????

You seem a little lost today, Gran.

yes indeed..too much sex is taking its toll on my brain....this sudden rush of Valjoux calibres got me scrambling

gB.
Don't. Mine arrived broken and DW won't do anything about it! He'll offer you a free dial or something but you will still be stuck with a f***ed up movement and the quest to find a replacement.

Is that why you're selling the 6263 gen bracelet on eBay? Sent you PM.

wiesn089

Well sort of. When my pre-assembled DW 6263 arrived, the chronofunction wasn't working, one pusher didn't screw in (fixed that easily) and the second hand (not the chrono second hand) kept falling off. Also the dial was faulty (something I told him to fix when he sent me pictures) and the hour hand damaged (also told him that- he obiously didn't care). :)

I did what I could to fix the second hand (well I put it in place again and again) but eventually gave up. I contacted him, and he offered me to ship the watch back at my own risk (which I didn't want to do as I had been forced to pay customs already) and sent me two other faulty dials and a new hand set.

It's been sitting in my watch box ever since (half a year) while I was acquiring gen parts to have Domi replace in a service of the movement I had planned. When I checked the watch functions the other day I noticed that when I was winding the watch it would run a minute and then stop. I don't know if Domi can fix this, but I seriously doubt that.

I'm really considering throwing that damn thing in the trash, but then again I have 500€+ in it (excl. bracelet) so this would be a true waste not to mention I really like the looks of a 6263 (not mine obviously)...

Egidio

mulder - there's a sticky at the top of the watch repair and reference subforum. No photos though.

Was wondering how long it would take the average noob on this site to learn the meanings of: DW, MM, TM, BG, KL, PPS, H&, EE%, and the rest of the short-cuts? Are they designed to confuse the enemy, or just the newbee? Or is it for the old farts too impress the Newbee on just how knowledgeable they are?

This site is so hard friggin' hard to follow, 'cause you got to skip back and forward each time you come across a MM or a Mary to find out what the hell it means. How about a help page for the newbee before we give up in despair and only a hand full of old farts will be left to ENJOY their site?

I may be new on here but I've got more watches than most already, just by following my nose and the only arse-hole I have come across are: swissreplicastore.com. The rest have been great. Oh hont, one of your trusted dealers sent me am almost $400 watch that runs out of steam every 12 to 16 hours. It's a heap of shit. But bought am awesome Rep Panny from watchedem.com for $108, free posting. It's the best one of them all, including the $600 crap from swissreplicastore.com, which I could have bought else where for "200.

Regards,

Egidio:

dizzy

The MM is an old v23 copy movement and yes its a tricky one. But if you service it before it has problems then it should be ok. I ran a MM in my daytona for years and never had any problems. Chrono's worked perfect and always reset to zero.

Couple of problems with the A7750 in this application... First issue is the incorrect subdial spacing. The subdials are way too far apart on the 7750 and it looks kind of silly to anyone who knows anything about vintage chronographs. Second problem is that the A7750 isnt a very reliable movement to begin with. Again you will want to get it serviced if you plan to keep it. The other issue is that the A7750 is not ment to be hand wound. It can be hand wound but its NOT good for it. Check out any of the A7750 tear down reviews (Ziggy for example) and they will all tell you NOT to hand wind them, and if you absolutely have to then do it very slowly and carefully. The gears just arnt ment to take the wear and tear of daily winding. I think that A7750 hand winding option is a terrible idea and any watchmaker will agree.

The new Daytonas from DW now have a new V23 copy version available. Its a lot more expensive than the A7750 but its supposed to be a good copy thats fully serviced and lubricated. I think the movement itself is about $250.

In regards to the Seagull ST19 or whatever it is, how is the subdial spacing? Will a V72/23 dial fit on a ST19????

cheers

dizz

Edited by dizzy