hellx

Info on the microstepper / quartz continuous sweeping second hand movement

hellx

I surfed through the wed, yet cannot find any detailed information regarding this movement.

I know some of the reps use it.. but which ones???

other than bulova and the seiko vk series there seems to be no info regarding it..

anyone?

meant to say, surfed the weB..

dannyw

try youtube.. i think u didnt search enough.. pretty easy the find.. you can even find on this forum.. more specifically, one of the probation TD.. more specific? panda? more specific? look inside his listings... wont be more specific than this :giggle:

Daywatch

Hi, these microsteppers You get from Kuvarsit, TD here on rwg, only accepts WU. The Hublot has no ticking seconds at all as the subdials are 24hrs and the chrono minutes at 9. Main seconds hand locked at 12 normally, when using the Chrono it´s a microstepper - sweeping hand with a bit of stutter like an Asian 21j movement. Feels great, the bracelet is fantastic, adjustable with screws. No lume at all.

Photobucket is down, so no pics but the exact names instead:

HUBLOT FUSION BANG 45MM HUBLOT FUSION BANG SS-SS GREEN.SPECIAL VK Q.C MOV. - it´s grey, not green as pictured on the site

AUDEMARS PIGUET OFF SHORE CHRONO AUDEMARS PIGUET LEO MESSI BLACK.QC

dave47

The movement you're referring to is the Seiko VK movement, which produces the smooth sweeping seconds hand. I posted a pic of it in action over on RWI last month on the Rolex 50th Anniversary Daytona Stan @ WBK Time was selling, and still is. You might want to stop by his website and check it out. IF I can find a copy of the video, I'll try to post it for you.

dave

narikaa

dTrnEG8T9.png

main seconds (chrono) hand sweeps albeit with a little stutter

If its a bi-compax chrono (no subsidiary seconds sub dial at 6) thats it, no 'ticking' anywhere

If its a 3, 6 & 9 type chrono (with subsidiary seconds sub dial at 6) the @ 6 subdial ticks - though being such a diminutive l'ill tinker its hardly noticeable to passing mortals ;)

c'est ca

hellx

Thanks.

any links to specific reps featuring the movement?

tx again all and anyone of for it..

RUSH2112
Thanks.

any links to specific reps featuring the movement?

tx again all and anyone of for it..

Reg usually has a few. Look at his drop box and drop him an email. Seems like most of his non chronos are 21j and chronos are some form of quartz. Much cheaper than 7750 and a lot less problems.

nunu78

Link plz

narikaa
iron16.jpg

HeavyKrush

Video link to the VK...