Sign in to follow this  
NicholasShelton

42 mm // 45 mm = Dial size? Case size? (Also, anyone have these dimensions?)

zufir

I have both a 42 and a 45mm Omega planet Ocean and both fit quite well. However, I'm using a rubber strap for the 45mm

TK01

This all depends on few things , first is your wrist size, second the shape of the watch. In my experience the size of the watch 45mm for example is usually the diameter of the crystal only. So keep in mind, the crystal is what the size is then anything after the crystal , the watch is actually wider, depending on the type of watch. For example: Paneria 44mm maybe actually wear

Little bigger do to the shape. Here is a picture of my wrist its 8 inches , the watch is 45mm Victornox.

4B96EDFC-CCB9-4B31-BBDB-04C34A374E37.jpg

D00309A0-5B72-471E-93C5-07C9578BB11F_1.jpg

TK01

Here is a Pam always wears little bigger

24D39941-5C84-47E4-A440-F0D81BFB07A5.jpg

flyr

Download one of the charts available on line and print it out. Cut out the sizes you are interested in and at least you will have an idea what the different sizes look like on your wrist.

Here is one example. (not full size)

29.jpg

KingSly

Good Posts, Fracture hit the nail on the head for me though :)

I have a 45 CrPO but have not worn it yet although I can certainly pull it off. I think it's a much flashier size than the modest 42. The 42 is just pure class whatever your wrist size is.

Cynikal.Mindset

45mm PO look silly if you have a narrow wrist as the bracelet sits funny and you can see the end links. I have a 7.75" wrist and the 42mm PO sits perfect, the 45m is a nicer size for me but since my wrist is narrow the bracelet sits weird and looks funny

42mm PO

0C5vyqzl.jpg

R5tdi

I always went for the 45.5 and was always convinced it was my size got a pumpkin and the blue titanium

Just got a 42 Cer pumpkin to try as I'm thinking of investing in a gen but to be honest don't forget the GMT at 43.5 it is by far my favourite and wears really well

45.5 love the look but is a bit top heavy 42 I find just a bit small so I go with the 43.5 GMT

What a difference 1.5 mm makes ;)

imagejpg2-1.jpg

Des511
I always went for the 45.5 and was always convinced it was my size got a pumpkin and the blue titanium

Just got a 42 Cer pumpkin to try as I'm thinking of investing in a gen but to be honest don't forget the GMT at 43.5 it is by far my favourite and wears really well

45.5 love the look but is a bit top heavy 42 I find just a bit small so I go with the 43.5 GMT

What a difference 1.5 mm makes ;)

imagejpg2-1.jpg

That's a beautiful watch. Could I ask who you got it from?

Thanks

R5tdi

Got this one from Josh at perfect clones you will find his web link in the trusted dealer section

Ceramic 43.5 GMT

I also put a blue rubber strap on it also from Josh I put a 45.5 strap on it was a bit tight fit but really finished of the look IMHO

Good hunting

TK01

Having a watch top heavy really sucks !

NMA

"Ahh the 45 sounds so tempting but I really do have tiny 6" wrists... wouldn't it look too big? I really just need to know the top-bottom lug length (to know if the lugs would be sticking out on either side of my wrist). I'll wait and see!"

Nicholas Sheldon mate, 45mm would look absolutely ridiculous! Even 42mm, lugs would be definitely sticking out on either side of your wrist.

These people have absolutely no idea what is an 6" wrist, mine is 6.5" I feel your pain, there's not many good replicas available for us out there, stick to 38mm 40mm replicas, be happy. I recommend you look for old Breitlings, chronomat, cockpit, colt even wings if still available, 39mm Moonwatch, most of rolex watches (stay away from DSSD), and many more but trust me 40mm is your max, 42mm is one up league stay away, trust me there's "huge" difference between 40mm and 42mm :thumbsup2:

Del Boy

For the OP I'd say 42mm and 40mm would look perfect. I have lots of big watches HBB etc but have big wrists. When my friends try them on they look stupid!

I have both 45mm and 42mm POs. 42mm definitely more classy even on my big wrists and not too small either. 45mm is nice to wear as feels more casual but I also wear 48mm watches.

Get the 42mm. You'll love it. If you don't, M2M it.

Markrfc has a goodie for sale at the moment!

DB

NMA

don't even try 42mm :giggle:

jerome1988

I personally think there's nothing worse than someone with smaller wrists wearing a gigantic watch with the lugs just hanging free. I have 7" wrists and i reckon the 42 will be a push...