Sign in to follow this  
NicholasShelton

42 mm // 45 mm = Dial size? Case size? (Also, anyone have these dimensions?)

NicholasShelton

Hello, quick question!

I am choosing between a 42 or a 45 PO. I'm assuming its the case size -- BUUTT just wanna be absolutely sure!

Also does the "42 mm" include the crown? Or no crown (aka basically just the bezel diameter)? Or am I 100% wrong and its the dial diameter?

I have pretty small wrists but I don't want that PO to look TOO small! If anyone could give me the exact dimensions of their 42 mm (like bezel diameter, dial diameter, width with crown, top lug to bottom lug) that would be GREAT!! <--- actually this second part sort of turned into a longer question sorry lol

Thanks a bunch!

fatarms

Unless specified otherwise, the case measurement is excluding the crown.

Ishmael

Case width excluding the crown. 42 is a decent size. But man up and get the 45. ;)

NicholasShelton

Case width excluding the crown. 42 is a decent size. But man up and get the 45. ;)

Thanks guys!!! And I'd love the 45, but it would look really silly if it was too big for my wrists!

That being said, I don't really know how bulky it is - thats why Im hoping someone can give me all the dimensions, because if theres a chance that the 45 is not as big as I think it is, Ill 100% get that one!

Ishmael

And I'd love the 45, but it would look really silly if it was too big for my wrists!

Nonsense. Get it. And if its too big, you'll sell it to me!

I don't have the watch, so I can't give you dimensions, but its on my list and I wouldn't even consider the 42. Case size is all you really need to know anyway. Which bezel color you thinkin?

DR3M3L

I have a small wrist and wear the 45mm without any trouble ;)

Ishmael

I have a small wrist and wear the 45mm without any trouble ;)

There! See? 45 it is!!!

Technojunkie

I have large wrists (8 1/2 inches) but prefer a 42mm to a 45mm, it's all down to personal taste !

DR3M3L

I have large wrists (8 1/2 inches) but prefer a 42mm to a 45mm, it's all down to personal taste !

So... You are a women, right?

NicholasShelton

And I'd love the 45, but it would look really silly if it was too big for my wrists!

I don't have the watch, so I can't give you dimensions, but its on my list and I wouldn't even consider the 42. Case size is all you really need to know anyway. Which bezel color you thinkin?

Ahh the 45 sounds so tempting but I really do have tiny 6" wrists... wouldn't it look too big? I really just need to know the top-bottom lug length (to know if the lugs would be sticking out on either side of my wrist). I'll wait and see!

But this PO will happen lol - and Ishmael I'd be getting the black bezel/silver number NOOB CrPO. I was considering the Liquidmetal... but I love the glass back too much, and the LMPO is closed :(

Technojunkie

So you're basically saying that it's "macho" to wear 45mm !

DR3M3L

Ahh the 45 sounds so tempting but I really do have tiny 6" wrists... wouldn't it look too big? I really just need to know the top-bottom lug length (to know if the lugs would be sticking out on either side of my wrist). I'll wait and see!

But this PO will happen lol - and Ishmael I'd be getting the black bezel/silver number NOOB CrPO. I was considering the Liquidmetal... but I love the glass back too much, and the LMPO is closed :(

Why not order a glass caseback with the LMPO?

Ishmael

Nice choice. Good luck man, you'll be happy whichever you choose. :thumbsup2:

Ishmael

But get the 45 ;)

DR3M3L

No, that's just your assumption.

BUT it is freaking me out a 8 1/2 " wrist is wearing a 42mm.

NicholasShelton

But get the 45 ;)

hahaha you're too funny! I have found a solution though - I will go to an AD and try on both gens :P guess I should've thought of that before posting this lol, sorry guys! Thanks for all the help though. And if anyone still has size/small wrist/whatever tips I'm all ears!

And I will try to post an as-pic-heavy-as-possible review once I get it!

NicholasShelton

Also c'mon guys size has nothing to do with manliness (unless compensating for something else..? jks jks jks)

Think of all those classic 38-40 mm Pateks ;) That being said I do personally agree and like the look of a BIG dial/watch (as big as possible without it looking ridiculously over-large)

cheers!

Edited by NicholasShelton

Technojunkie

OMG, freak out, it's a 42mm on my 8 1/2 inch "womens" wrist :giggle:

Batman_zps579ebc84.jpg

DR3M3L

Batman_zps579ebc84.jpg

45mm would be awesome on your wrist... Just sayin' :D

Left Coast Guy

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. Wrists aren't that big, but 6'3 200+lbs -- and my 42MM PO is perfect. Some of those 45MM watches are just too much metal to wear around...

Technojunkie

Batman_zps579ebc84.jpg

45mm would be awesome on your wrist... Just sayin' :D

Actually, I do have a 44mm (not 45mm) Breitling Skyland Avenger which I've never had the chance to wear as it arrived DOA and is currently being repaired. I did put it on when it arrived and immediately thought "That's a big watch" but i guess, having always worn 42mm, it'll take time to get used to the bigger size.

Technojunkie

Some of those 45MM watches are just too much metal to wear around...

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

justclark

I'd get the 42. A watch that's a little too small is fine. A watch that's a little too big just looks ridiculous.

Also, keep the thickness of the watch in mind. Perhaps someone will correct me, but I believe the 45 is thicker than the 42 as well. That can be just as important in determining how a watch looks on your wrist

NicholasShelton

Why not order a glass caseback with the LMPO?

I had thought of that! But the LMPO doesn't have the "decorated" mechanics (with the swirls on the metal parts and the "Omega Cal. 8500" written on it)

Fracture

I have a 45 CrPO but have not worn it yet although I can certainly pull it off. I think it's a much flashier size than the modest 42. The 42 is just pure class whatever your wrist size is.