Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Rolex 2014 V7 Noob DSSD- REVIEW

plankton

At first glance you will notice a clearer crystal (maybe some AR?), the crown has much better threads with a tighter gasket, the links for the band are finished better with better lugs,edges on the bezel are cut better- feel much sharper like the gen feels, rotation of the bezel is excellent, ceramic insert- excellent, nice and deep, link lugs actually had some lock-tight on them to secure and seem to thread better (cant promise this one), clasp I cant really see any difference, maybe some of you will. The pearl is much better, clear glass covering over lume.

I have had a number of these various DSSD's and 2 gens. Overall I'd say the watch itself is excellent, the movement is good but drifts bad when changing direction. I say If we could get a BK of this model we would have a dream come true.

Photos

008_zps3050bab7.jpg007_zps35c5d4dd.jpg009_zps9a2f25c0.jpg010_zpse64bcb9c.jpg012_zps227b199d.jpg015_zpsa75c653c.jpg 016_zps0be44038.jpg017_zps8ae0563d.jpg

plankton

The tell to me on the older rep was the links, bezel cut and pearl. I think if we just had a Swissmovement or even a great clone like a Seagull and some trim work the BK normally does it would be a fantastic watch.

Synfreaker

wow that is beautiful.. I second putting BK guts in this

gtwc

7 DSSD's & 2 gens.

Why involve BK?

Why not just keep a gen or 2?

I'm sorry, but I'm not quite following this.

plankton

7 DSSD's & 2 gens.

Why involve BK?

Bored by the gen, like the DSSD style but mod the hell out of it. Sold the gens- just dont see the money in them. Why involve BK----really?? I now have a BK modded to the hilt that keeps better time than my gens and looks to my liking. This last one went to a friend in Tx.

plankton
51de9c1f-c212-4434-bf31-f931d7be3512_zpsc475136b.jpg

Hornet

Do you know which TDs are selling this one?

northantsrich

7 DSSD's & 2 gens.

Why involve BK?

Bored by the gen, like the DSSD style but mod the hell out of it. Sold the gens- just dont see the money in them. Why involve BK----really?? I now have a BK modded to the hilt that keeps better time than my gens and looks to my liking. This last one went to a friend in Tx.

So with the V7 Noob how close is that to the gen? Would you be able to call it out or is it a TC super rep sort of standard now?

northantsrich

By the way BK told me he will offer this watch as soon as the factory offer it with a swiss ETA.

plankton

Found the answer to my own question:

http://www.tswatchlt...d_product=15458

It's a tad salty price-wise.....

A little $$, drop in an ETA 2836-2, Vac lume, AR and finish and you can have one that smokes a gen in looks for less than $1500 though. ([email protected]-- modder supreme!)

N.Rico

very good pictures !

plankton

7 DSSD's & 2 gens.

Why involve BK?

So with the V7 Noob how close is that to the gen? Would you be able to call it out or is it a TC super rep sort of standard now?

It would be hard to call it out. Now every year Rolex changes something minor-- clasp finish inside is one example. It's pretty damn close to super.

If your really out for a Super one wait for BK's.

simonbolivar

Damn you with these macro shots! Now I have to figure out some secret funding source to avoid my wife from detecting. :-o

gtwc

Yep Plankton,

whilst not entirely agreeing with your statements, I have to admit (as do others) that your

pics (especially the macro ones) are absolutely stunning.

I am in awe !

entavio

Where can i but this V7 DSSD? The link on top goes to a V4?

plankton

Where can i but this V7 DSSD? The link on top goes to a V4?

There is no link at the top??? Toro has them in our Forum.

entavio

I have saw the link from the user hornet

plankton

Yep Plankton,

whilst not entirely agreeing with your statements, I have to admit (as do others) that your

pics (especially the macro ones) are absolutely stunning.

I am in awe !

Thanks for the compliment, I bought a 1:2.8 DX Macro for my D3200 and let it do the work because I can't seem to take a pic on my own.

Hornet

Found the answer to my own question:

http://www.tswatchlt...d_product=15458

It's a tad salty price-wise.....

A little $$, drop in an ETA 2836-2, Vac lume, AR and finish and you can have one that smokes a gen in looks for less than $1500 though. ([email protected]-- modder supreme!)

I was on the edge at $400, but $1500 is crazy (for me personally....), you could get 3 to 4 high end reps for that...

northantsrich

They are sold out. If you want a factory direct with Swiss they want $600 for it!!!

That's a stupid price for a good rep with shit Chinese QC in it!!!

Sjors

They are sold out. If you want a factory direct with Swiss they want $600 for it!!!

You can get one from Toro.

plankton

You can get one from Toro.

DSSD with a real Swiss or something they claim to be Swiss?

Sjors

The "normal" New noob DSSD. But i don't know why that guy is saying they are sold out.

And yes they claim it is a Swiss ETA. But i don't know, didn't see the movement.

sergiiko

I think Chinese "Swiss ETA" its a hybrid movement, made from asian and swiss parts, and nobody can prove if it is real Swiss or not.