Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Rolex 2014 V7 Noob DSSD- REVIEW

nunu78

Tony (who is not a TD here) , apparently got V2 of this ultimate DSSD. Any Rolex expert care to explain the difference.

Tahnks.

northantsrich
The "normal" New noob DSSD. But i don't know why that guy is saying they are sold out.

And yes they claim it is a Swiss ETA. But i don't know, didn't see the movement.

Watches international told me yesterday!

Thrasher

I have heard that some factories are rebuilding genuine 2836 Swiss movements. I just bought a BP explorer 2 42mm white from Lucy at truetime168 I about fainted when she said it was only $260, She then said everyone at RWI knows that factories are rebuilding swiss movements. I had a expert at RWI look at the QC photos for me and he said It was the best BP explorer he had ever seen. Maybe Yes Maybe No but it looks good to me

QC21.jpg

Edited by Thrasher

wanlo
At first glance you will notice a clearer crystal (maybe some AR?), the crown has much better threads with a tighter gasket, the links for the band are finished better with better lugs,edges on the bezel are cut better- feel much sharper like the gen feels, rotation of the bezel is excellent, ceramic insert- excellent, nice and deep, link lugs actually had some lock-tight on them to secure and seem to thread better (cant promise this one), clasp I cant really see any difference, maybe some of you will. The pearl is much better, clear glass covering over lume.

I have had 7 of these various DSSD's and 2 gens. Overall I'd say the watch itself is excellent, the movement is good but drifts bad when changing direction. I say If we could get a BK of this model we would have a dream come true.

Photos

Hi Plankton, i got myself the latest version and it's just absolutely stunning. However, i am not sure if they made 2 batches because i see some other share with much thicker 'original gas ... system'. My version is similar to yours which is less bold. What's your take on that?

dabuzepe.jpg

Edited by wanlo

plankton

IMO it would have to be the lighting. That is just paint applied then cleaned or wet sanded to texture at the factory.

It sure is an awesome rep isn't it.

AgentSands

Great pictures. Thanks for the review. :)

Haltec

Q: Shouldn't serial's on rehaut, be placed on seconds indices respectively ?

17283839.jpg

crb_serial.jpg

Dr_Gold_Rolex_serial_no_engraved_inside.jpg

rolexseadwellerdeepsea5.jpg

Altough, as we can see, they are not perfectly aligmented even on GEN. So...

Haltec

Haltec

It even look's that first numeral/alphabet of serial is placed on 27 sec pinpoint, but due to spacing, it doesn't ends with last one on top of 33. second indice. (mark)

KeNnY

great photos my friend ! :)

live1

gens are as imperfect as the high end noob reps its all good,

plankton

great photos my friend ! :)

Thanks Bro!!

The differences in gen and rep--- the comment about the gens having differences is absolutely correct. The quality control isnt perfect at Rolex. Walk in 5 Rolex shops and see for yourself (take your watch off first- or at least I do so I can try on the Rolex).

PeterWorcester

FWIW, I "thought" that this is the body of BK's latest batch of DSSD's, he had some Swiss ETA's (one of which he very kindly held one for me, for over a week) and the rest were Sellitas. I just got my new BK DSSD maybe 14-15 days ago and it is absolutely amazing. Looks identical to the pics in the thread.

I think I might email BK and ask him if the noob V7 is the case etc in the models he's currently selling, I'm pretty sure it is. The one I have is the finest looking DSSD I have EVER seen, and I have them all.

Bk is a great guy and he'd tell me straight up what version it is. I know he will not sell the BP DSSDs or Sub's. He did have a few BP Sub-C's one of which I iced up and it is awesome looking but he wasn't satisfied with the parts r=fitting correctly so he stopped selling when the supply ran out, which is too bad because they are killer, Mine still keeps phenomenal time but the pearl didn't have a very rugged top on it so it chipped off about the top 1/3 of the pearl after wearing for about a months or so.

PeterWorcester

They are sold out. If you want a factory direct with Swiss they want $600 for it!!!

That's a stupid price for a good rep with shit Chinese QC in it!!!

You can get one from Toro.

DSSD with a real Swiss or something they claim to be Swiss?

I'm pretty sure the Toro DSSD is the BP factory version. At least that's what they told me, when I inquired about one. That's just my $.02, who the heck knows with any of the TD's (Except BK, IMO)

Ghostripper

Just got BK DSSD this afternoon. I will try to do a proper photoshoot/review on the upcoming weekend.

8QhsE8o.jpg

mn9500

The dssd might have to be my next purchase. Can't beat the timeless look of that dial that the dssd, sd and sub share.

adinamos

Amazing photos. Dssd looks perfect too.

plankton

FWIW, I "thought" that this is the body of BK's latest batch of DSSD's, he had some Swiss ETA's (one of which he very kindly held one for me, for over a week) and the rest were Sellitas. I just got my new BK DSSD maybe 14-15 days ago and it is absolutely amazing. Looks identical to the pics in the thread.

I think I might email BK and ask him if the noob V7 is the case etc in the models he's currently selling, I'm pretty sure it is. The one I have is the finest looking DSSD I have EVER seen, and I have them all.

Bk is a great guy and he'd tell me straight up what version it is. I know he will not sell the BP DSSDs or Sub's. He did have a few BP Sub-C's one of which I iced up and it is awesome looking but he wasn't satisfied with the parts r=fitting correctly so he stopped selling when the supply ran out, which is too bad because they are killer, Mine still keeps phenomenal time but the pearl didn't have a very rugged top on it so it chipped off about the top 1/3 of the pearl after wearing for about a months or so.

They are sold out. If you want a factory direct with Swiss they want $600 for it!!!

That's a stupid price for a good rep with shit Chinese QC in it!!!

You can get one from Toro.

DSSD with a real Swiss or something they claim to be Swiss?

I'm pretty sure the Toro DSSD is the BP factory version. At least that's what they told me, when I inquired about one. That's just my $.02, who the heck knows with any of the TD's (Except BK, IMO)

I'm sure he will use the latest version, I know he was completely sold out 4 weeks ago (had to restock) so you should see the new Noob with a really great movement, never a BP from him I can assure you that.

Gacko
At first glance you will notice a clearer crystal (maybe some AR?), the crown has much better threads with a tighter gasket, the links for the band are finished better with better lugs,edges on the bezel are cut better- feel much sharper like the gen feels, rotation of the bezel is excellent, ceramic insert- excellent, nice and deep, link lugs actually had some lock-tight on them to secure and seem to thread better (cant promise this one), clasp I cant really see any difference, maybe some of you will. The pearl is much better, clear glass covering over lume.

I have had 7 of these various DSSD's and 2 gens. Overall I'd say the watch itself is excellent, the movement is good but drifts bad when changing direction. I say If we could get a BK of this model we would have a dream come true.

Photos

Hi Plankton, i got myself the latest version and it's just absolutely stunning. However, i am not sure if they made 2 batches because i see some other share with much thicker 'original gas ... system'. My version is similar to yours which is less bold. What's your take on that?

dabuzepe.jpg

Sorry to bring up this older topic again, but really wanted to know which version is this, bought where for what amount?

Really appreciate your answer

plankton

I have my 8th one coming this week, my friends keep buying my damn DSSD's. Anyhow my new BK going on the block soon so I can do another one.

plankton

Photos

dabuzepe.jpg

Sorry to bring up this older topic again, but really wanted to know which version is this, bought where for what amount?

Really appreciate your answer

I will look into that for sure, there are consistently differences over time, the new bezel has no where near the depth of the older ones also.

craig00071

hi plankton,

so which mod are you planning on your dssd 2014 from BK ?

AR and relume only ? Should we consider th platinium mod ?

I am about to order one as well fro BK ad I would be keen to hear your thoughts ::) cheers

plankton

hi plankton,

so which mod are you planning on your dssd 2014 from BK ?

AR and relume only ? Should we consider th platinium mod ?

I am about to order one as well fro BK ad I would be keen to hear your thoughts : :) cheers

I have one being delivered this coming week, just a Noob 2014 from Ken Li. On this one I was planning a gen ETA 2836 (Vac can get this), AR, lume and Jacob from Jacobs Straps is actually making me a hornback to adorn the DSSD, a 29mm hornback not 21mm. I do the AR becuase I like it lots, the gen DSSD is almost the same clarity as the 2014 Noob (or the ones from the last production, this new one is from the newest production so I will have to see how it looks). This will be my 9th or 10th modded DSSD, excited to see how it turns out.

craig00071

great I will be following your epic build closely :) cheers

Gacko

how much does a BK dssd goes for?

(modded V7 from noob (around 400$))?

plankton

how much does a BK dssd goes for?

(modded V7 from noob (around 400$))?

Some where around $600, well worth it IMO.