Sign in to follow this  
drevel

J12 Ceramic, do I need to spend a ton on a quartz watch?

drevel

OK, I'm a bastage,,, I bought myself two watches and now I need something for my wife.

She likes the J12 Chanel,

with this being a quartz watch, do I need to spend 200 plus to get a nice one or will a lower cost watch suffice>?

I read some things about varying ceramic quality?

Can someone point me in the right direction. I am working a ton right now and although I'm trying to read, it seems like so much has changed in the past 5 years since I was last a regular on the original board... we're talking BLADE type original.

Someone told me that the new generation of Reps is a lot better than 5 years ago... thoughts?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Member X

A lot of the new generation are stunning quality!

If you've got the cash, go for Robert's 3 ETA Rolexes for $450 deal (if you accept his conditions re shipment etc) - the Explorer is superb quality (I've got one and love it) and is from the fabled Milgauss factory that is producing quality above its price point, the Milgauss is also from said Milgauss factory, and the DSSD is a ridiculous price for ETA!

Re: the ceramic quailty, I'd PM Robert to check - I recall him mentioning there's a difference too, so if you state your budget and what you've been looking at, he should be able to tell you which is better :thumbsup2:

coolin

I got a J12 from Robert for my sons GF and we were all impressed with the quality of the watch and im not sure what $200 would bring to the party as the Quartz movement is the way to go IMO.

Why? well a quartz movement is Wife Proof! I dont mean any disrespect by that, it just means they will constantly not hassling you to set the time/date everytime the watch winds down if not worn on a daily basis. Imagine giving them a chrono and explaining what you can and cannot do OMG enough said

short answer imo get the $100 J12 you and your wife wont be disappointed, then use the spare $100 towards an upmarket beauty for yourself :thumbsup2:

col

prestigewatchco

The only difference between the $100 J12 we sell and the $200 ones others sell is the price. The ones that are around at $80 are not the same grade of ceramic although ceramic they are missing the lustre present on the $100 watches we have

drevel
The only difference between the $100 J12 we sell and the $200 ones others sell is the price. The ones that are around at $80 are not the same grade of ceramic although ceramic they are missing the lustre present on the $100 watches we have

Anyone recommend what size to get?

My wife has little wrists, 39mm is womens? also 33?

Also for me, (pencil wrist) UPO 42 or 45 mm??