Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

Tattoos and dress watches, do they work?! WARNING: Contains boat shoes

Dr. Jimmy

Lovely, thanks.

Hornet

Tattoos are good DC; you do whatever you want to you body (I'm not talking about self abuse here....) and wear whatever you want (watch or clothes-wise), don't give fuck what anyone else thinks. If we all wore the same it'd be a really, really boring world....

.....my tattoo is on my back, so doesn't interfere with watch choice!! Not the best photo, but the only one I've got of it.....

.....please excuse the spots, the tattoo had only just been 'uncovered'.

5ce6c20e-856c-4878-b17e-75211128d776_zpsb1c18a81.jpg

gmchris
Tattoos are good DC; you do whatever you want to you body (I'm not talking about self abuse here....) and wear whatever you want (watch or clothes-wise), don't give fuck what anyone else thinks. If we all wore the same it'd be a really, really boring world....

.....my tattoo is on my back, so doesn't interfere with watch choice!! Not the best photo, but the only one I've got of it.....

Cool tattoo! I can't read Arabic, does it by any chance say 'i love reps'?

Baldrick

Wouldn't tell you what you should or shouldn't do......but a dress watch with bare arms especially with tats is wrong on so many levels......ink stinks......but the bad taste bears will tell you otherwise....there's enuff of 'em around :B):

Hornet

It is actually Tibetan (Uchen script...) and it is a Buddhist mantra.....

myaz

We had a thread a while back and people posted pics of watches they thought would be classy dress watches.

There was a pic of a diver watch with an orange dial and a nato strap?! Okee.... goes to show....you be fine.

Miss Manners is rolling over in her grave.

Hornet

We had a thread a while back and people posted pics of watches they thought would be classy dress watches.

There was a pic of a diver watch with an orange dial and a nato strap?! Okee.... goes to show....you be fine.

Considering some of the bloody awful watches that I see some people wearing at work even a divers watch with an orange dial on a nato trap would be classy.....

_DC_
Wouldn't tell you what you should or shouldn't do......but a dress watch with bare arms especially with tats is wrong on so many levels......ink stinks......but the bad taste bears will tell you otherwise....there's enuff of 'em around :B):

In fairness B, it's the fist time I've worn the Calatrava without a suit, it's normally accompanied by a three piece but thought is try leaving it on when I got home.

I've had it on all evening and I don't dislike how it looks but have to say that I'd rather look down and see a sports watch resting on my jeans!

DC

BadPickle

It is actually Tibetan (Uchen script...) and it is a Buddhist mantra.....

For what purpose? Plus nobody can see it on your back. I thought the point of tattoos was to "define your individuality" that kind of thing?? Should I have got it on your face where everybody can see it in all its glory. Be proud of it :lol:

I'm in the Balder's camp on this, ink stinks, just scruffy looking, will fade eventually, skin will wrinkle and just become a regret story to tell the grandkids.

Conex

They're pretty hard to get hold of, took me several months, finally got my hands on it thanks to WatchFinder. The lines are simple and elegant, I love the crown guards in particular

9E20AE7B-B7EB-4EEE-90B7-626930255066_zpsi53bo8eh.jpg

DC

Great looking Patek DC. What's the model if I may ask? Looks to be about 40mm?

A mere 37mm my good man, as per gen, it's a 5107 :)

DC

Gotta love the 37mm

Pseudonym

I feel, having a little ink myself, & more planned (full sleeve) that I'll do as I please.

Much like the epic " what are your pet peev's" thread. I care not what others think of me. As long as I'm happy.

Be proud of your ink Dave, tiz part of you. Wear anything you like. If someone passes comment, kick them repeatedly in the colon.

JM2P.

Rob

myaz

Considering some of the bloody awful watches that I see some people wearing at work even a divers watch with an orange dial on a nato trap would be classy.....

Considering the beat up watches, scum caked up between links, some with cracked crystals that I occasionally see on people, the person that posted that orange watch must have thought the same. :o

Baldrick
I feel, having a little ink myself, & more planned (full sleeve) that I'll do as I please.

Of course....or did I mean...'off course' ....absolutely....it'll really make you stand out from the crowd ...cement your individuality ;)

_DC_

Of course....or did I mean...'off course' ....absolutely....it'll really make you stand out from the crowd ...cement your individuality ;)

Why is it that from anyone else this comment would insight a slagging match, but when it's you it just makes me chuckle?!

DC

Kleen™

Why is it that from anyone else this comment would insight a slagging match, but when it's you it just makes me chuckle?!

DC

...probably because by now you've realised that B. could be short for 'bait' as well. And you're now too seasoned to swallow what comes next...aka....hook, line......and eventually.....sink:-)

Jonnybaws

DC

Nice forward defensive shot mate...

George.

That 5107 is a stunner. That's going on my list for sure. Thanks for sharing mate!

Pseudonym

My turn huh... You should me know better that; Mr B. You may cast your net as far & wide as you like... This little fishy ain't biting :P

Kleen™

My turn huh... You should me know better that; Mr B. You may cast your net as far & wide as you like... This little fishy ain't biting :P

awww.....this saddens my heart. Be a jolly good sport and take one for the team, m'kay...

Baldrick

Maybe not today......but soon......very....very soon ;)

_DC_

You'll have to try a lot harder than that though!!

Haven't seen a good Baldrick argument in a long while, I think you're losing your touch B!!

DC

Pseudonym

Only time will tell squire. When the day comes, however; be prepared :lol:

Kleen™
You'll have to try a lot harder than that though!!

Haven't seen a good Baldrick argument in a long while, I think you're losing your teeth B!!

DC

Fixed.

_DC_
:popcorn:

Kleen™

Only time will tell squire. When the day comes, however; be prepared :lol:

Spanish Inquisition vs. Boy Scouts. That'll be a hoot...