Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

Tattoos and dress watches, do they work?! WARNING: Contains boat shoes

Hornet
Tattoos are good DC; you do whatever you want to you body (I'm not talking about self abuse here....) and wear whatever you want (watch or clothes-wise), don't give fuck what anyone else thinks. If we all wore the same it'd be a really, really boring world....

.....my tattoo is on my back, so doesn't interfere with watch choice!! Not the best photo, but the only one I've got of it.....

.....please excuse the spots, the tattoo had only just been 'uncovered'.

5ce6c20e-856c-4878-b17e-75211128d776_zpsb1c18a81.jpg

Cool tattoo! I can't read Arabic, does it by any chance say 'i love reps'?

It is actually Tibetan (Uchen script...) and it is a Buddhist mantra.....

For what purpose? Plus nobody can see it on your back. I thought the point of tattoos was to "define your individuality" that kind of thing?? Should I have got it on your face where everybody can see it in all its glory. Be proud of it :lol:

I'm in the Balder's camp on this, ink stinks, just scruffy looking, will fade eventually, skin will wrinkle and just become a regret story to tell the grandkids.

You enjoy yourself in the boring old farts camp fella.... Lol

George.
:popcorn:

wez

I think It works! Looking good :thumbsup:

Baldrick

Ahhh......the last bastion in the tattoo argument........'my tattoo makes me interesting'.......'my tattoo makes me an individual'......'my tattoo separates me from the common herd'......... :lmao:

If......as a 'boring old fart' .....I had to rely on ink to make me interesting.....to render my character........I'd shoot myself....... the notion that having some tattooist engrave some Vedic / Sanskrit or Chinese script on my neck reading "this dorky gwailo thinks I'm tattooing words of wisdom on him"......when it really reads 'eat at Uncle Ho's Famous Dim Sum restaurant'.......is laughable in the extreme.......I'll let my intellect and humour express my character......it costs me nothing.

As an employer in the '80s and '90s........ given the choice between 2x candidates both equally suitable for the job. ......I'd never pick the tattooed candidate.

RichardMiami

OK, enough is enough...

what the fuck do all these posts have to do with boat shoes?

Can we get back on topic here?

HUH?

JohnG
:popcorn:

Kleen™
OK, enough is enough...

what the fuck do all these posts have to do with boat shoes?

Can we get back on topic here?

HUH?

Nice watch....sorry 'bout the boat...

Conex

Back on topic.....

Boatshoe_zpsadc3af5d.jpg

ShovelnTC

I don't know about those Patek's, someone may mistake you for Archie luxury :o

Kleen™
Back on topic.....

Boatshoe_zpsadc3af5d.jpg

Sebago, huh...remember wearing those back in the eighties...

Conex
Back on topic.....

Boatshoe_zpsadc3af5d.jpg

Sebago, huh...remember wearing those back in the eighties...

Not this big I hope.

Dr Yan

I'm not against Tattoos ......the Edinburgh one is quite good. ;)

I can remember when people wore tattoos to be different........ I must be old.

Hornet

Ahhh......the last bastion in the tattoo argument........'my tattoo makes me interesting'.......'my tattoo makes me an individual'......'my tattoo separates me from the common herd'......... :lmao:

If......as a 'boring old fart' .....I had to rely on ink to make me interesting.....to render my character........I'd shoot myself....... the notion that having some tattooist engrave some Vedic / Sanskrit or Chinese script on my neck reading "this dorky gwailo thinks I'm tattooing words of wisdom on him"......when it really reads 'eat at Uncle Ho's Famous Dim Sum restaurant'.......is laughable in the extreme.......I'll let my intellect and humour express my character......it costs me nothing.

As an employer in the '80s and '90s........ given the choice between 2x candidates both equally suitable for the job. ......I'd never pick the tattooed candidate.

I was wondering when you'd start.... :rofl: :rofl:

hramirez1966

Tats go with everything brother !!! Looks Good.

Edited by hramirez1966

Hornet

I'm considering these as my next tattoo:

enhanced-buzz-22004-1348836173-0.jpgenhanced-buzz-23128-1348838222-0.jpg

a96831_a511_random6_fyou-cursive2.jpg

a96831_a511_random11-bless-america.jpga96831_a511_random16.jpg

RussP

That Calatrava clashes with the tatt, DC.

Since you can't get rid of the tatt........................

Just send the watch over to me, I have no tatts.

_DC_

This thread wasn't a debate on how tattoos look or why people get them, it was a debate about how having tattoos affects your choice of watch.......... and boat shoes!! If you want to hate on people who get tattoos then pop on over to the fuck you thread!!!

Know why I have tattoos? Coz I like them, deal with it, NOT having tattoos doesn't make you different or individual either, and neither does being a douche bag, so get a new argument!!

There ya go Baldrick, I bit :D

DC

Hornet

This thread wasn't a debate on how tattoos look or why people get them, it was a debate about how having tattoos affects your choice of watch.......... and boat shoes!! If you want to hate on people who get tattoos then pop on over to the fuck you thread!!!

Know why I have tattoos? Coz I like them, deal with it, NOT having tattoos doesn't make you different or individual either, and neither does being a douche bag, so get a new argument!!

There ya go Baldrick, I bit :D

DC

Well said DC :thumbsup:

.....but go easy on old baldcock, he's probably only just got up and hasn't had his tablets yet, no wait he's always like that. Carry on..... :D

Hornet

I'm not against Tattoos ......the Edinburgh one is quite good. ;)

I can remember when people wore tattoos to be different........ I must be old.

Nope, not old. People still have them to be different.....

Adezo

Looks good!

Baldrick
This thread wasn't a debate on how tattoos look or why people get them, it was a debate about how having tattoos affects your choice of watch....

You solicited opinions......you got them...warts and all.......if you don't like some of them....file an HFR :B):

There's no argument.........but you still wouldn't have gotten the job ;)

@earwax.......how did you know that I'm circumcised. ......that wife of yours has a big mouth.....which was just as well and suited me just fine ;)

Hornet

I remember an amusing albeit short write up on the matter from the hilarious David thorne

http://www.27bslash6.com/tattoo.html

Sounds like the poor guy is confused, "I want a tattoo, but I don't...." (paraphrasing....). He should have just gone and got the tattoo he wanted and not worried about it or what other people thought......

Hornet

There's no argument.........but you still wouldn't have gotten the job ;)

@earwax.......how did you know that I'm circumcised. ......that wife of yours has a big mouth.....which was just as well and suited me just fine ;)

1). wouldn't have wanted the job, 2). the final attempt at an insult (or to get a rise...) is just beneath you baldcock, try harder........

.....by the way don't have a wife, but boyfriend says you couldn't get it up despite lots of encouragement. :giggle: