Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

Tattoos and dress watches, do they work?! WARNING: Contains boat shoes

James.

Where is ice_man in all of this thread? I thought he'd be all over it after the last fashion related thread we had going....

I'm going to make a wild assumption based upon your defensiveness exhibited over the last few pages t'wards members who've voiced their dislike of tattoos and inquire to you out of curiosity "what ink do you have?"

Hornet

Where is ice_man in all of this thread? I thought he'd be all over it after the last fashion related thread we had going....

I'm going to make a wild assumption based upon your defensiveness exhibited over the last few pages t'wards members who've voiced their dislike of tattoos and inquire to you out of curiosity "what ink do you have?"

Already posted a photo of my tattoo early on in this thread...

....wouldn't say I was being defensive, just responding to Baldrick comments and trying to have a laugh along the way.

James.

....wouldn't say I was being defensive, just responding to Baldrick comments and trying to have a laugh along the way.

There's like... 8 whole pages to go back through :(

arancini

sperry-top-siders-0309-lg_zps331b12b3.jpg

This.

This is Gold. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

James.

Back on topic just for a sec I promise, I personally believe you can wear a dress watch with a full sleeve of ink, just like DC has exhibited. However, that arm should be covered in a dress shirt, not because of the tats but because short sleeve shirts and dress watches just looks a bit...weird, really. Unless you freshen it up with a NATO or something.

_DC_
Back on topic just for a sec I promise, I personally believe you can wear a dress watch with a full sleeve of ink, just like DC has exhibited. However, that arm should be covered in a dress shirt, not because of the tats but because short sleeve shirts and dress watches just looks a bit...weird, really. Unless you freshen it up with a NATO or something.

Dress watch on NATO? Now there's an idea, would that work?!?

DC

Hornet

There's like... 8 whole pages to go back through :(

See page 2. You're missing some fun not reading the whole thread!

James.

DC

Everything's relative, I guess. It's an interesting way of summering up what would generally be an evening styled watch.

NB these aren;t all dress watches, derr, but I like them :P

959388d1359892244-should-nato-straps-used-expensive-watches-nato-8.jpg

navy_and_red_nato_strap_watch_band_on_timex_weekender_grande.jpg

4b2.jpg

959377d1359891215-should-nato-straps-used-expensive-watches-nato.jpg

tumblr_mdwc74MPkM1rpodyxo1_500.jpg

wornandwound-nato-watch-strap-15.jpg

Just for DC

party19.jpg

Hornet

I'd say that they all look very stylish..

Conex

DC

Everything's relative, I guess. It's an interesting way of summering up what would generally be an evening styled watch.

NB these aren;t all dress watches, derr, but I like them :P

959388d1359892244-should-nato-straps-used-expensive-watches-nato-8.jpg

navy_and_red_nato_strap_watch_band_on_timex_weekender_grande.jpg

4b2.jpg

959377d1359891215-should-nato-straps-used-expensive-watches-nato.jpg

tumblr_mdwc74MPkM1rpodyxo1_500.jpg

wornandwound-nato-watch-strap-15.jpg

Just for DC

party19.jpg

Yep I am down with this. I like to keep a selection of Regimental Natos for this very reason. Easy to chop and change.

James.

Variety is said to be the spice of life

Kleen™

That argument never went down well with my ex...

Pseudonym

I'm digging the dress/NATO look. Often a dress watch has an understated elegance, the NATO just adds a little colour. Liking it indeed.

_DC_

Hmm, I quite like it ya know, thanks James! Not sure about a NATO with a suit, but as a way of dressing down a dress watch for casual wear that definitely works!!

Meanwhile I've deduced that no matter how nice the Calatrava is, it's big brother is just better..... always

6D6892F7-D1DD-49C7-9B8A-317F2BCA65A9_zpsk32wz2el.jpg

Thrown in some white Ralph Lauren's too, as a change up from the boat shoes (Sorry Rob)

DC

_DC_

I maintain that it doesn't work in my eyes, I do like that he's teamed it with a matching tricolore tie clip, good work!!

DC

speirsro

Haha.

Hornet
I maintain that it doesn't work in my eyes, I do like that he's teamed it with a matching tricolore tie clip, good work!!

DC

He's doing the reverse of you DC, casual watch with smart clothes...

... You've gotta love it.

Mike on a bike

Sorry guys never understood this tattoo thing g.gifbut to each his own. Hey do not get me wrong my Dad had one as well as many of uncles, they served in combat and had tats from their respective branches of the service.

My dad had something like this on his forearm, he had big arms!

marine-corp-tattoos-1.jpg I did not serve so do not have one, told my boys that is the criteria to get one if you want to live in my house. Ok enough from the old cranky guy!

FuzzyCoyote

Hahahah!!! That's brilliant

myaz
Apparently old people can't help being grumpy... http://news.bbc.co.u...lth/6897023.stm
Apparently studies can show what people want to show. The 80 people used in a study is not a convincing sample size. Undergraduates picking the correct punchline 6% better is not convincing either. Consider that instead, it might also mean older people just have a 6% loss of cognitive skill, might not relate to a joke based upon the experiences of a different generation or are simply not as easily amused, having heard a lifetime of banal jokes.
The validity of the study is irrelevant, I'm just using the headline....

Then your statement, though humorous, is irrelevant when backed by an irrelevant "study". :B):

wat44

The two look terrible together.

Realism

Wahahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha

StormyNight

I like tattoos, which is happen as well since I have many. I'm not a huge fan of dress watches but this thread makes me think I need to try a PP like DC's. Hmm...