Sign in to follow this  
dfq23

Ebel discovery - will my crown go?

dfq23

Just paid for an ebel discovery and wondered if there is anyone whose crown is still all good on theirs. Was it mainly the toro cheapy sale ones that had issues?

You would think I would know better as I had a v5 PO and the crown stripped within the first hour of having it so been bitten before but at least the gen parts for those are cheap and easy to get.

Also if it does go eventually, is it an easy fix and what is going rate to have it done

Cheers

Hazz

I have had mine for a while, with no issues, just don't tighten it too tight and u should be good. (famous last words)

dfq23

Good advice mate. Will resist the temptation to screw it fully down as to be honest it will never go near water anyway.

Would a little dab of vaseline on the tube help? Assuming it's an outty tube and not an inny kind

cogwatch

I have 2, the white dial and the black dial. No issue with either. Though I have 100+ watches and wear a different one every day so no one watch gets a lot of messing with. But both were from M2M, so someone else had played with them at least to some level.

ROLIE

HI I have 2 and had no problems with either and mine get wound at least once a month. a bit of silicon grease on the threads is ok ive done both mine and also a little pressure on the crown when your screwing it back in also helps don't let the threads pull in the crown give it a little help I do the same with all mine even both my POs are still ok and no problems with crown issues.....