Sign in to follow this  
Steve227

Rotor Noise

Steve227

Hey all, had incoming today, 3 beauties! Pics to follow this weekend - PAM212, PAM288 and Tag Carrerra Racing.

All look great and really happy however one has a really noisy rotor, and I mean NOISY! As an example, if I'm driving and I make a big turn you can hear it in the back! I know some of the asian movements have a rep for this.

Has anyone tried lubricating and if so did it make a big difference? Just wondered before I think about whipping off the back.

Cheers all

sconehead

What movement is it? It could be the rotor isn't screwed down tight and is rubbing against something. Yes, they can be lubricated and it can make a difference...:)

Steve227

Hey Sconey, its a A7750 21600bph, will take a pic later as kids still up! Hopefully just something straight forward. My others are a little noisy but this one!!! Its like my 7month olds rattle!!!! :)

sconehead

Ok, Asian 21j non-chrono movements are noted for noisy rotors normally...I'll see what I can dig up regarding a lubrication tuto...

sconehead

Taken from Ziggy,

''The 7750 rotor only winds in one direction. The winding direction has resistance since the rotor is trying to wind the mainspring. In the other direction there is no resistance at all, and the rotor is free to spin around, and around…and around… If the rotor bearings are dry, there is nothing preventing the rotor from spinning like crazy. Lubricating the bearings helps to quiet the rotor and prevent such a free spin in the non-winding direction.

The noisy rotor is normal, it can be made quieter during servicing when it’s lubricated, or you can lubricate it without a full service.''

Edit: ETA officially recommends using Moibeus 9010 oil on the rotor bearing...

look here under assembling, http://www.eta.ch/swisslab/7750/7750.html

Steve227

Sconey, you are a gent and a scholar. Thanks mate.

Ska

he most certainly is!

Sconey = Legend :)

pollux1
he most certainly is!

Sconey = Legend :)

+1000000000

P_Diddy

have you got a tutorial for lubricating or damping down the rotar noise on A21j down to ETA noise levels?

Ok, Asian 21j non-chrono movements are noted for noisy rotors normally...I'll see what I can dig up regarding a lubrication tuto...

warcelo

Hey guys!

Is it easy to DIY oil your 7750? Do i have to only open the case back and put oil in the rotor or is there anything else?

Mine is too noise!

Thanks!

KBH
Hey Sconey, its a A7750 21600bph, will take a pic later as kids still up! Hopefully just something straight forward. My others are a little noisy but this one!!! Its like my 7month olds rattle!!!! :)

Is the rotor spinning and unwinding the watch? That's a whole different problem caused by either dirty or defective reversing wheels.

I couldn't find it here in Francisco's Tutorials but I did find it on another forum. It's a very common problem.

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/93138-repair...tor-spins-7750/

warcelo

And how about a tutorial for only oil the rotor? Mine does not spin when manually winding, but does a noise when it's automatically winded!

deadmeat

Taken from Ziggy,

''The 7750 rotor only winds in one direction. The winding direction has resistance since the rotor is trying to wind the mainspring. In the other direction there is no resistance at all, and the rotor is free to spin around, and around…and around… If the rotor bearings are dry, there is nothing preventing the rotor from spinning like crazy. Lubricating the bearings helps to quiet the rotor and prevent such a free spin in the non-winding direction.

The noisy rotor is normal, it can be made quieter during servicing when it’s lubricated, or you can lubricate it without a full service.''

Edit: ETA officially recommends using Moibeus 9010 oil on the rotor bearing...

look here under assembling, http://www.eta.ch/swisslab/7750/7750.html

Man, this is a CRAZY good tutorial / presentation. Thank you