Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Have you been dumped with a High Beat 2813 (SB1HRZ2)?

Fat Panda

Movements that are DG movements should have a Dixmont "OM" logo on the bottom.

dgi5.jpg

xqc72.jpg

pgyos.jpg

This would represent the Guangzhou Dixmont "DG" movement we believe.

- FP

trailboss99
The dealers that can guarantee that I don't get this POS will be my go-to when I return.

Can anyone say this is indeed a POS? Has someone qualified had a serious look at this movement?

xnview
The dealers that can guarantee that I don't get this POS will be my go-to when I return.

Can anyone say this is indeed a POS? Has someone qualified had a serious look at this movement?

Depends on what your definition of POS is, but I wouldn't call it a piece of heaven though

<RJ>

Worth mentioning is also that some dealers actually states this in their description. This one is from a sosf h-fac sale.

MOVEMENT: Asian high beat 28800bph automatic movement

Not a word about clone whatever in there. Cudos to them :)

Jetpants

Not sure if its been mentioned yet but there's a super easy way to tell without opening the watch. Pull the crown right out to time-setting position. One full rotation of the crown will turn the hands 24 hours on a 2813. It will only turn about 11 hours on an asian or swiss 28xx ;)

parisianshut

Trust definitely going, the fuckers are making a ton of money on us returning customers.

Getting fed up with all the bullshit and several versions of each watch where most of the time they fix one thing and plant another problem to be able to come up with even another version.

I might just sell all my reps and get a gen and be done with all this bullshit.

so-mad-i-could.gif

this is exactly what i thought when i saw a brand new AP diver for sell at 8 900€ last week....

black263

When SSteel says it's inferior, that's good enough for me.

StormyNight

I've never understood what was to be "Trusted" about most "Trusted Dealers".

In far too many cases of people buying watches from China-based TD's things go wrong, get lied about or are generally covered in bullshit.

This just adds more fuel to the fire.

DR3M3L
Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated. Education is the key to fighting this problem. I can't speak for other TDs, but for myself and my partner, I know we didn't know this stuff. If we are educated, and know what to look for, then this sort of thing should not get by us and we can send the watches back to the factories until they send what was paid for.

Thanks again.

- FP

You're a new TD, and in my case I didn't buy directly from you as "you're new and have to learn". I take it back, I'm going to place my next order with you mate. All I've read from you was positive, you're willing to learn and looks like you're as much into the hobby as we are. IMO it's always been a struggle with TD's as they know "everything" and we knew shit, FINALLY!! Finally you are here, damn I'm getting excited again FP, I'm going to buy again! If you're really willing to open up every watch to check the movements just shoot me a PM for references from the factories as I've collected them for almost a year now. I've got sketches and guides for almost every clone movement :) Actually.... Great idea to bundle everything and post a thread about it too soon.....

Keep up the good work, I'm sure we'll talk business soon!

DR3M3L

It's not crap, but it is not as reliable as the real deal. This movent is also much cheaper, where I can get the 2836/2824 clones around $80 each as a regular customer the DG-2813-2S from Dixmont (which Ssteel is refereing too with "new breed") is just $28. There are a few known troubles with those and that's just because of cheaper materials and the 2813 base...

If needed I can post some references.

JohnPilot

Reading this I feel my dream of a quality rep will definitely not come true.

But as long as customers care more about the correct printing of a letter "R" in PANERAI , instead of insisting for a better overall quality ...

Boerk

umecha

It's not crap, but it is not as reliable as the real deal. This movent is also much cheaper, where I can get the 2836/2824 clones around $80 each as a regular customer the DG-2813-2S from Dixmont (which Ssteel is refereing too with "new breed") is just $28. There are a few known troubles with those and that's just because of cheaper materials and the 2813 base...

Could you?

It seems like this issue has been going on for a while. A quick search for "DG-2813-2S" brought up this from RWI where it was discussed 6 months ago: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=163693&page=3

Although it seems like this 'mystery clone' is different from the DG-2813-2S

conx

It seems to me, if you ask for an ASian Clone movement, this is what you are likely to get from now on. Perhaps if you ask for a swiss movement you may half a chance of getting what we once knew as an A2836.

Things change, and not always for the better.

P4GTR

The new breed is a known thing. The H factory SFSO V2 was one of the biggest offenders, selling the new breed as clones.

The movement may not be a total POS but it is inferior to clone/swiss ETA. I believe ETA is a drop in replacement for these new breed 2813 if/when they kick the bucket. A problem with these new movements would be a lack of parts availability for servicing.

gB.

I might just sell all my reps and get a gen and be done with all this bullshit.

Yep. Reps are like that psychopathic ex-girlfriend that you keep going back to hoping she's changed for the better, but in the end she'll always just be crazy and will let you down somehow, just differently each time. You can only continue to fuck crazy for so long before disaster happens.

:)

replicastuff

Thanks for this, maybe this should be pinnned.

DR3M3L

Could you?

It seems like this issue has been going on for a while. A quick search for "DG-2813-2S" brought up this from RWI where it was discussed 6 months ago: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=163693&page=3

Although it seems like this 'mystery clone' is different from the DG-2813-2S

I can, and will, but not today as I'm at a party :) Will try to post some references tomorrow, if not please remind me to do so by PM!

SSTEEL

The new breed is a known thing. The H factory SFSO V2 was one of the biggest offenders, selling the new breed as clones.

The movement may not be a total POS but it is inferior to clone/swiss ETA. I believe ETA is a drop in replacement for these new breed 2813 if/when they kick the bucket. A problem with these new movements would be a lack of parts availability for servicing.

Whilst there are parts compatible from an ETA, or a Clone ETA with the new breed 2813, the stems are different though.

Left Coast Guy

I've taken the approach of buying the rep with the cheapest movement, then when I have trouble with it or don't like the sweep, etc, I just buy a new Asian version off Ofrei or find a swiss on Ebay and replace. I put replaced a 2813 with a Miyota in a Bond Seamaster for my father-in-law and the whole operation cost me $40 and a touch under 2 hours. And only took that long because I had to swap the datewheel and it didn't line up right the first time. Thing runs like a champ, and there is no noticeable stutter.

P4GTR

Whilst there are parts compatible from an ETA, or a Clone ETA with the new breed 2813, the stems are different though.

What about the hands, are they interchangeable? I can't remember.

JSJ

I'd also be interested to know that. Miyota and 'normal' 2813 have very close to the same hand sizes from what I've found but you guys have swapped a lot more than I have.

Cynikal.Mindset

2/3 hands are direct swap from new breed to eta. Hour hand pinion hole is a tad too large

SSTEEL

Yes they fit. I will confirm 100% in a couple of days.

DR3M3L

Yes they fit. I will confirm 100% in a couple of days.

Confirmed: they fit ;)

SSTEEL

Cheers mate :)