Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Have you been dumped with a High Beat 2813 (SB1HRZ2)?

Cynikal.Mindset

Now where can I source parts this thing? I need a stem dammit

Cynikal.Mindset

Also, correct name is SBIHRZ2

bells0

Bummer, just found this thread. After the mess of finding out my Bell&Ross was a 21j not an ETA after it broke - i was offered a discount on a new watch from my TD.

So ordered a Sinn Solebox, which was promised as ETA. Didn't realise there was this POS Clone about.

Just turned the crown and it's moved the hour hand 40 minutes for 1 full 360deg rotation. Does that sound ok?

Haven't a clue what i'm looking for if i take the back off, as can't quite see what the tab v screw is!

Edited by bells0

Thrasher

I know these are a bit out of focus , but is it a rebuilt swiss 2836 or what? it just stopped running yesterday when I was cutting the grass, got it in april from Lucy at truetime168 and its done pretty good up till now,. the crown still winds the movement and moves the hands date gmt but it's just not running. suggestions? BP FAC

IMG_9343.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9345.jpg

TRANSPORTER

Mate I've had the tiniest piece of fluff stop a movement that had been working for months, only saw it after a strip down and under a x10 loup. So your stoppage could be as simple as that to sort.

Anyway has anyone got a working POS movement they want to offload my way. I'm thinking of doing a project watch and this seems like a half decent 28,800 bph movement that I could use

Simms

Bringing the thread back to life. Has this been resolved for the most part or are there people out there still experiencing this issue? I'm going to have a look at my watches tomorrow to be sure

SSTEEL

Its still ongoing, and sadly will continue to do so too, as the factories are still fitting the Z2 to watches and telling the TD's its a ETA clone, which is true in part, but not a true ETA clone that we are accustomed to.

Simms
Its still ongoing, and sadly will continue to do so too, as the factories are still fitting the Z2 to watches and telling the TD's its a ETA clone, which is true in part, but not a true ETA clone that we are accustomed to.

Thanks for the quick response! I guess these counterfeiters just don't know when to stop counterfeiting. I mean, when you're cloning your own clone movement it's starting to go to far. I find it hard to believe that the TD's are innocent in all of this but I'm still too new in this hobby. I'll be checking my watches during the day tomorrow.

This is a very informative thread...it definitely needs to be a sticky! It's too important not to be. If more people were informed and started to complain then maybe it would actually make a difference (but I wouldn't hold my breath on that)...or would it just create complete anarchy in an already delicate system?

Lt. Dan
One full turn on a 2813 is about 90 mins

One full turn on a ETA/A28xx is about 45 mins

Give or take a couple of minutes

However not sure if that is the case on these new breed movements. Can someone confirm?

I've also noticed that the Tudor BB v2 have these movements

Has anyone confirmed this method as a simple test?

Lt. Dan

Can someone help me identify if this is a SB1HRZ2 ? Thanks

E72B47D6-CB84-424D-80B6-EFCC5B74FE2A_zpsmfbjyi7y.jpg

1680E89D-9B7F-4D2D-AE34-5A5A124E22F3_zpsbat86lrp.jpg

Edited by Hartmans

GenTLe

Hartmans, unfortunately it exactly looks like one of those crappy ones :(

lg8055

Micky -- I'm not sure what the part is called, but I have always used the gear wheel just counter-clockwise from the balance wheel to tell the difference between 2824 and 2813, has that been changed in these new 2813's?

See pics below for detail.

2824 -- The silver wheel circled has large spread out teeth on the 2824

14331387394_81a8ec14e9_b.jpg

2813 -- On the 2813, the wheel in the same relative positioned, circled, has much finer teeth.

14145605187_712561a2c0_b.jpg

Thats a 21J movement not a 2813 mate.

Here's a 2813 from the rear..

14328444781_340d5eb51d_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Ignore the movement holder/faux ring.

lg8055

Micky -- I'm not sure what the part is called, but I have always used the gear wheel just counter-clockwise from the balance wheel to tell the difference between 2824 and 2813, has that been changed in these new 2813's?

See pics below for detail.

2824 -- The silver wheel circled has large spread out teeth on the 2824

14331387394_81a8ec14e9_b.jpg

2813 -- On the 2813, the wheel in the same relative positioned, circled, has much finer teeth.

14145605187_712561a2c0_b.jpg

14328444781_340d5eb51d_o.jpgUntitled by Micky.!, on Flickr

Ignore the movement holder/faux ring.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&ETA_2836

Simms

Can someone help me identify if this is a SB1HRZ2 ? Thanks

E72B47D6-CB84-424D-80B6-EFCC5B74FE2A_zpsmfbjyi7y.jpg

1680E89D-9B7F-4D2D-AE34-5A5A124E22F3_zpsbat86lrp.jpg

What was the advertised movement that you were supposed to get? Which factory did this watch come from?

Daywatch

2 Simple questions remain 4me and I think it might interest many others:

1.) Is it possible to easily swap this movement for (if the hour hand sits loose - is this something easy to fix with a spacer or whatever?)

- a $130 TC 2824-2?

- a Sellita SW200?

- an eur 99,- 2824 like this http://www.watch-tool.de/html/movements.php?id=0981bh

2.) what is a normal price range for this service in EU? Thanks

SSTEEL

Hartmans, unfortunately it exactly looks like one of those crappy ones :(

This ^^ sorry, its a Z2 aka POS Clone. The dial feet retaining screws are the easy tell, the eta and eta clones have clamps/hooks, not screws.

Lt. Dan

Thanks Guys, I suspected as much.

GenTLe

21j and 2813 (which has in reality 23j) are synonims in the dealers language. They are all cheap copy (sometimes with various modifications) of Miyota 82xx series.

14328444781_340d5eb51d_o.jpghttp://www.ranfft.de...&2uswk&ETA_2836

That one upper is not a 2836 too. It's the PeaceOfSheet Z2. It's visually very similar to the 2836, but the real clone doesn't have screws to block the feet of the dial, has differences in how the autowind bridge keeps the gears in place and a kind of circular "hole" below the balance wheel (in the picture it's visible below the exposed wheel ray)

Edited by GenTLe

lg8055

when i'm correct about this post...all bp omega cpro planet ocean a2836 have cheaper movements.Nobody notice this? and probably many other reps. there are 0 pictures on the internet showing asia clone movements sow hard to tell whats the real deal. could someone post pictures of the asia clone movements?

GenTLe

when i'm correct about this post...all bp omega cpro planet ocean a2836 have cheaper movements.Nobody notice this? and probably many other reps. there are 0 pictures on the internet showing asia clone movements sow hard to tell whats the real deal. could someone post pictures of the asia clone movements?

Asian clone movements (the real clones) are = ETA, so just browse for the ETA and you'll see also how the asian clones are done..

SSTEEL

Whilst I was doing an inventory checks I thought I would grab some photos which may help out you guys determine if you have been dumped with a SB1HRZ2 aka high beat POS CLONE.

First up some photos of a Z2 stem next to an ETA 28XX Stem..

15610985847_c8e2754dc1.jpg2014-11-15_2057 by Micky.!, on Flickr

15610986437_b6926ae206.jpg2014-11-15_2058 by Micky.!, on Flickr

Here we see five Z2 movements, all look the same on the rear..

15176713093_24240ab18f.jpg2014-11-15_2102 by Micky.!, on Flickr

And next up a photo of those five movements from the dial side, notice the different date wheel set ups.

15176202714_204eb2ef3d.jpg2014-11-15_2059 by Micky.!, on Flickr

Odyseus

So just to be clear, you can replace the SBIHRZ2 with a Swiss/Asian 2836 ??

SSTEEL

So just to be clear, you can replace the SBIHRZ2 with a Swiss/Asian 2836 ??

You can, the dimensions are the same as an ETA, however, the hour hand may not fit. I have had some that the hands were a direct swap to ETA, and others that the hour hand was too big.

lkapalek

thanks for photos of the stems, is it possible to fit the stem from z2pos to eta 2824? they are different but similar

lkapalek

I've just swapped the POS by 2836 gen eta (from tissot PR50) in my Depp sea, all hands fit,dial fit, but date wheel not. I had to glue date wheel from my watch into gen date wheel and it works.

i spotted that date changes at 3 o clock is that correct?