Sign in to follow this  
j1m1501

AP Diver v6? Swiss ETA or not

Supadopafly
Afdaddy I know I make my best with the camera. By the wrong rotor the new AP V6 has different engraving gejeba7y.jpg ( the picture has nothing to do with the TD, I bought it from an other one )

Both V6 from H factory and V5.1 from Noob both have this new style rotor when swiss ETA or not. U have older version.

plankton
Its still a bit hard to tell with that camera, but its looks to have the correct stampings. Now I'm sure there are asian factories, copying swiss stampings, but at least a starting point. Also, the incabloc looks correct so two for the positive.

Back to your original post, what do you mean by "wrong rotor"? Wrong versus the version the TD site showed or wrong versus gen?

I can tell its a 2824, not a 2813 high beat like some of seen popping up in reps lately, so I think you should be happy there. After that, its can be very hard to tell definitively swiss vs. asian, and really given that the swiss movement are reclaimed or refurbished, often with used parts or asian parts mixed in, I'd take a new asian movemet over a second-hand swiss movement any day.

With the strangle hold that the Swatch group is imposing on the sale of ETA movements, most of the reps that are sold as Swiss ETA are at best a mix of Swiss and Asian parts. Who knows how old and worn out the Swiss parts are. Like was posted above, I would rather start out with a new A2824, at least you know what you are getting.

He is correct, there is no Swiss unless you're getting something from a modder or BK. The movement may and many times will function just as well but ETA isn't going to sell their hard to get movements to J12 or noob.

plankton

Afdaddy I know I make my best with the camera. By the wrong rotor the new AP V6 has different engraving gejeba7y.jpg ( the picture has nothing to do with the TD, I bought it from an other one )

One hell of a nice picture!