Sign in to follow this  
j1m1501

AP Diver v6? Swiss ETA or not

j1m1501

Two weeks ago I ordered from a TD a Diver V6 swiss ETA, it's my first Audemars and I'm very impressed with the quality of the watch but I would like your help because when I open the back of the watch I saw that the rotor was incorrect.

What do you think ? Is it V6 Swiss with wrong Rotor or an old version ? Im so confused

uhebu2yr.jpgurusy3a6.jpg

Thank you for your help. I upload some more pictures sorry for the quality i make my best with the camera i have

Edited by j1m1501

jdog

Can you get a closeup of the movement a bit more? It looks clone to me. Im not sure its a V6 by looking at the number spacing but I could be wrong. More close up pics of everything would help.

j1m1501

Thank you for your Help I will have more pictures this evening because I am at work right now ( But as I saw the first time there is a stamp of Swiss ETA)

jdog

Thank you for your Help I will have more pictures this evening because I am at work right now ( But as I saw the first time there is a stamp of Swiss ETA)

Ok. Unfortunately that doesnt mean anything. Clones can be stamped as well.

gran

V5.1? Is it a SWISS ETA movement? How much did you pay?

j1m1501

Close to 500 USD gran. The rotor isn't bother me too much but I'm curious if is the latest version with Swiss ETA

gran

It is not a V6 looking at the inner bezel numbers

jdog

As gran said it looks more like a v5 or 5.1 and still not sure about the swiss. The rotor being different doesn't surprise me as its a closed caseback and they could have been short on parts and swapped that one in.

Kleen™

hmmm....doesn't look too convincing, mate...:-(

SSTEEL

Not a V6.

gran

Movement could be the same as in NOOB V3.5 best edition? end link protrudement from case look great on this and I have not seen that in the later models.

plankton

It didn't come from J12, the spacing. You know I never opened my V6 but I did open my v5.1 and that rotor doesn't ring a bell for what I thought came on my V5.1 either.

gran

It didn't come from J12, the spacing. You know I never opened my V6 but I did open my v5.1 and that rotor doesn't ring a bell for what I thought came on my V5.1 either.

Same rotor?

Boycie

Here's a close up of a V6 dial if you want a comparison......yours also does not appear to be suffering the dreaded blue hand syndrome either......:) which is nice!

Hope this helps and you get confirmation on your purchase.

8FFD6AA8-A166-418A-8C20-2803A3773F77_zpssy9lfvjv.jpg

j1m1501

Thank you all for your help. This evening I will have more pictures in order to identify the version of the watch

j1m1501
yjaranyt.jpgu3u2usy8.jpghapybaqy.jpg

j1m1501
yjaranyt.jpgu3u2usy8.jpghapybaqy.jpgabu9y7ab.jpgzysega9e.jpge6ehehyt.jpgdudy5a2a.jpgu7ajypej.jpgna4ymyva.jpgjyme2ura.jpgtuje3azy.jpg

gran

Standard grade ETA 2824-2?

comp2824-2.jpg

Left Coast Guy

Its still a bit hard to tell with that camera, but its looks to have the correct stampings. Now I'm sure there are asian factories, copying swiss stampings, but at least a starting point. Also, the incabloc looks correct so two for the positive.

Back to your original post, what do you mean by "wrong rotor"? Wrong versus the version the TD site showed or wrong versus gen?

I can tell its a 2824, not a 2813 high beat like some of seen popping up in reps lately, so I think you should be happy there. After that, its can be very hard to tell definitively swiss vs. asian, and really given that the swiss movement are reclaimed or refurbished, often with used parts or asian parts mixed in, I'd take a new asian movemet over a second-hand swiss movement any day.

Kleen™

That is an A2824 fo'sure...

j1m1501

Afdaddy I know I make my best with the camera. By the wrong rotor the new AP V6 has different engraving gejeba7y.jpg ( the picture has nothing to do with the TD, I bought it from an other one )

j1m1501

At least im a litle bit satisfied from what i read and your help that the movement is an Swiss ETA even if i dont know the version of the watch :-)

gran

At least im a litle bit satisfied from what i read and your help that the movement is an Swiss ETA even if i dont know the version of the watch :-)

Thats a great attitude you got there. If it is any comfort we do not know the version of your watch either, so cant be a bad watch.

panerai153
Its still a bit hard to tell with that camera, but its looks to have the correct stampings. Now I'm sure there are asian factories, copying swiss stampings, but at least a starting point. Also, the incabloc looks correct so two for the positive.

Back to your original post, what do you mean by "wrong rotor"? Wrong versus the version the TD site showed or wrong versus gen?

I can tell its a 2824, not a 2813 high beat like some of seen popping up in reps lately, so I think you should be happy there. After that, its can be very hard to tell definitively swiss vs. asian, and really given that the swiss movement are reclaimed or refurbished, often with used parts or asian parts mixed in, I'd take a new asian movemet over a second-hand swiss movement any day.

With the strangle hold that the Swatch group is imposing on the sale of ETA movements, most of the reps that are sold as Swiss ETA are at best a mix of Swiss and Asian parts. Who knows how old and worn out the Swiss parts are. Like was posted above, I would rather start out with a new A2824, at least you know what you are getting.